Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Your preference: Buds vs. Concentrates

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by CaliforniaKushes, Feb 19, 2014.

1. What do you prefer? I've been noticing the high from concentrates (of the wax variety) are fairly different from flower highs. Do you guys have any opinions or input about this topic. Post what you think and prefer

2. Buds, because I like feeling like I'm all natural and shit.

3. I have a huge soft spot for joint, I like the actual smoking of the herb so this method lasts the longest.

I made about 1G of BHO and heat purged it forever, it was super potent and even though I was scared off left over butane from not purging it properly I thoroughly enjoyed the intense highs it gave me, but still ended up smoking a joint afterwards.

Then I made 3g of BHO from my plant and it was god awful, it was extremely harsh to the point where it was barely smokable and the novelty of dabbing it had gone.

I ended up using around 2.5g of it by rubbing it all over a rizla and rolling a sticky joint. I'm telling you 0.1g of BHO + 0.4g of weed = a joint that burns for 30-40 minutes. My idea of heaven.

So yeah, i duno, does that count lol?

4. Buds definitely, you can't beat a fat bowl of sparkling greens^_^

Who Dat!

5. no concentrates on my side of the pond unfortunately but if i ever see any im hopping on that shit

Save your stems and make some kief, it's not exactly on par with some concentrates (dabbing bho) but it's easy to make and the next best thing.

7. #7 SirOmniscient, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2014

yeah man but i really want to try out some bho and its fucking annoying that people over here are like 100 years behind in weed smoking, every person i ask about bho and all that good stuff they have no clue what im on about

Edit: I like your username. very creative

It's the same in the UK, I couldn't even find hash so I bought a dabbing rig for £50. A tonne of butane and the glass tubes etc etc for around £40. Then I bought a Q for £60 and turned it into barely 1g of BHO. It was worth it, though sometimes I look at my now-useless rig and think that could be £50 in my pocket haha . If you ever get a work bonus or something then take the oppertunity to make some!

9. Why not just make your own bho?

10. flower when i want to sit back and have an actual smoke session, but concentrates when im on the go or don't have time to dedicate to smoking a full bowl.

11. Yea, dabbing is just mad convienent. It probably keeps me better functioning throughout the day rather than being faded off bud. There's some weird clear-headedness when you dab that takes away from the mind-fuckery of flowers

12. flowers all the way.  when I'm feeling sassy ill buy some concentrates.  i don't smoke it in any fancy sort of way.  i don't do dabs.  i guess I'm just way to old school and am stuck in my ways.

13. The ?: Buds > Concentrates 

I prefer for concentrates: Dabs > Hash

I get higher from: Blunts & Buds < Dabs

But I like: Blunts & Buds > Dabs

Joints are ok but I grew up with swishers so even if I have all good vaporizers there is still a gas station full of swishers 1 min from me

14. Dabs for sure. When I switched from flowers to concentrates, I coughed up black shit for like a few weeks before my lungs finally cleared up, and I've never been a cigarette smoker. So Dabs are cleaner definitely.

15. blunts or bongs.  i don't really care for getting high any other way.  but if i come across some babs why not right?

16. Bud, I tried dabs; the process of looking at bud, breaking it up, smelling it. Overall is much more enjoyable.

To me it's like comparing a nice cold beer to a shot of whiskey. Both get you where your going but ones a little more relaxing.

Sent from my island getaway.

17. Buds man. I haven't ever dabbed but still buds. Hahaha

18. Green or purple buds! Like the guy above said its a lot like whiskey compared to beer in terms of severity of how it affects you compared to alcohol; 3 shots of whiskey gets people pretty buzzed where it would take 3 or 4 beers to get the same effects. plus it feels a lot less "druggy" to smoke the natural bud right off a plant compared to a processed product. 

19. Home alone I like to soak a few points of bho into a bowl of dank on clean glass. Same effect as a sticky joint, burns for half the day taking a few hits here and there. My nail/dome barely gets any use, maybe if I had a nice expensive rig I'd use it more often but mine is pretty basic.

Driving and working I prefer to use an oil pen so that I don't have to worry about the smell, hanging out with friends I prefer straight flowers.

I can't really think of a method that I don't like, there's a time and place for all of them imo.

20. That's actually a good question, recently after discovering my love for concentrates I have definitely preferred the "next level" high I get from the higher concentrated amount of THC. I had been smoking strictly flower for over a year until I discovered budder and I must say I enjoy the high much more. It tends to give me more of a vibrant and laughy kind of stone, which I really like.

So yes I would have to say that I prefer concentrates over flower if we are just talking about the high.