your parents reaction to you smoking weed?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by mrsofficer9, May 7, 2009.

1. so this morning i was thinking about when my parents found out i "tried" weed, and when i started smoking often. actually when they found out i "tried" it i had been smoking nearly every day. eventually i came clean about my smoking. when i did my dad said "it's illegal so you shouldn't, but it's your life" and my mom said "just be careful, and nothing goes in your nose or your veins." this is really cool considering neither of my parents smoke. after a while my mom started talking about the 70's and stuff, all the things she used to do. my mom even went as far as teaching me how to plant, and rolling "joints" with me. we dumped tobacco out of cigarettes and rolled it into my papers. we actually smoked a couple "joints" that nite.
    anyways, i was wondering what your parents were like when they found out you smoked weed. also do they smoke? did ya get in any trouble? i'm thinking i'm pretty lucky to have parent that are cool with weed even though they don't smoke it. well, they will once they retire, and then i'm gettin them blown as fuck! haha:smoke:

2. #2 Peppie, May 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2009
    My mom and dad threatened to kick me out of the house. My parents are absolutely against marijuana use by any means. Their reasons are "because we say so" and "because it's illegal" and that's it.

I'm glad I have a job and money. Now I gotta find a place.

3. Yeah, my mom caught me a few years ago, she basically gave me the whole "I dont want you doing it under my roof, but its your life and i cant tell you no." and of course the whole obligatory "its a serious crime and its something you could go to jail for" speech

But im on my own now, so puff, puff, puff!:bongin:

4. My parents basically said to me "If smoking pot is so important to your life, then you need to move out"

After dropping that line, I just feel like I have to, not so I can smoke pot all the time but because of the way it was phrased to me.

But, they are the parents, it is their house, time to move out.

5. Mine got over it as soon as they realised that I was going to be a successful, productive adult and not just some stoner kid sitting on Pete's couch.

6. sounds like my parents let me off easy. then again i was 14 when they found out, so kicking me out wasn't much of an option. i was also told don't smoke in their house, but that was totally different. my mom's reason was to keep it from my dad. he always knew, but he's less approving than my mom...though she's told me he smokes from time to time. he still denies it. my mom did catch me smoking in the house a few times where she never said anything. i guess she was just taking in the smell while she could. my mom's still a hippie at heart.

7. yeah, typical suburban kid smokers totally take their parents for granted and treat their house like a hotel where they can do whatever they want, but its totally not like that.

Being a full-time stoner and living under dissaproving parents roofs just isnt like that.

I'm glad someone else feels this way, total +rep

8. I just sat my mom down and told her. I said; "So you're fine with me using alcohol and marijuana?" She said yes. I also promised her that I would never become an alcoholic, drug addict, or take up cigarette smoking.(She would probably kill me if I started smoking cigs ahaha).

I guess I'll have to keep my promise...
    My dreams of one day becoming an alcoholic drug addict are over:(

9. yea my mom doesnt care if i do it outside of her house. because last year i came back from college and she caught me blazing. but when my did comes and visits we blaze hardcore:hippie:

10. wow sounds like all of you have understanding parents! well my parents do not know i smoke weed sometimes but i'll tell if they do find out...it wont be pretty! but as long as i am in university i can do what i want!

11. I moved out when I was 15 so there wasn't much they could say....I'm 40 now and got my mother high for the first time about 15 or so years ago...she smokes with me now and then still...also took her to get her first tattoo when she was in her 50's

My kids are 20 and 23 and I smoke with both of them....get a lot of my stuff from them too :D

12. Mine are pretty cool about it.
    They both smoked back in the day, and I know my dad smokes at least on occaission.
    A couple of weeks ago I told my mom how I went about smoking when I ran out of lighters and there wasn't one in the house at all. She thought it was funny when I was like, "I shall overcome!"
    I don't smoke in the house, because it's their house, but I'm trying to move out soon, so living room blazing is in my future. :smoke:

13. my folks were actually not surprised considering i came home every night reeking of it they more or less did'nt care all they said was dont have more than a 1/8 on you if your ridin around or on the streets :smoke:

14. YOU CAN TELL YALL SUBURBANITES... in the "urbs" our parents all smoke and either introduced us or we stole our first blunt from they stash. hell i smoke wit my grandma.

15. My parents found out when I was 15, 9 years ago.
    My mom said she was relieved I told her and didn't mind me doing it as long as it wasn't in the house, my dad is a hippie so he didn't mind at all, as long as I continued to do well in school. They're both Dutch though, I guess that makes a difference :p.

16. My dad was pretty chill with it, we were driving to my little sister's sweet 16 and the subject came up somehow. My father said he didn't care if I experimented with maryjane, and long as I didn't do any hard drug. I told him "well, experimenting isnt really the right word..." and he just laughed along with me. I'm hoping maybe one day I can blaze with him.

17. My parents have never said anything to me about it. They know I drink and that I smoke cigs. And I pretty much just look like a smoke tree. But they have said shit about how crazy it is to smoke weed and how its bad. I dont think they much care as long as I don't sell it, get caught, or do other dumb stuff like heroine. They said I could do crystal meth though, I found it strange

18. my parents got mad and really dissapointed when they found out i was smokin weed. my mom thought and still thinks im some sort of junkie, and that in the future im gonna be out in the streets begging for money for a joint (stupidest thing uve ever heard right?). my dad doesnt care enough to do something about it, and he thinks ima grow up to be a piece of shit. real great way to boost ur sons morale right? i tried to explain that its not what they think, but theyre ignorant morons and i really dont bother anymore. i hate having to call them that, but if i called them anything else i'd b lying. any1 else goin through the same bullshit??

19. Do tell

here's the face :cool:

20. i smoke with my mom all the time. my 'rents used to let me grow in their yard back in the day. now i got a yard of my own.....