Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Your opinions on "Smoking to get high"?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by ctcoyote16, Aug 10, 2006.

1. well after a debate in the Rec. forum, I just dont understand why so many people have views like " d00d its only mids/schwagg but its lyke so much cheaper and as long as it get u teh high!11!!!1"

I told them, smoking should be more of an artform or hobby. You shold enjoy what youre doing.

I made sure to note of how first of all smoking schwagg and crappy weed is gross and more dangerous then higher quality weed, and how this guy was obvioulsy like 13 as he replied with "Your a fucking dipshit. Get your head out of your ass, fucker."

As one person once said on here, "they loved taking out the bong, filling her up, packing a nice bowl of dank weed, and watching the chanber fill up, and the high was only a side effect"

Im not saying that the high should be a side effect, but you kinda understand what Im saying.

Obviously I love the effects that weed does for me, but I think wanting to be some poser stoner kid just to gain some notoriety is downright stupid.

What are all your opinions?

P.S., I posted this here to try and get some mature answers.

2. i agree man, i mean of course im gonna smoke to get high but i love to pick which piece im gonna use. and for me its my glass pipe and what i do is sit in front of a mirror and watch the smoke go into my lungs once i take my finger of the carb. its hard to describe but for me its not like dude lets get high. its more like lets smoke together and chill. idk if this is confusing but i definitly see where your coming from or if u made a homade piece and u just gotta smoke out of it to see if it works good and its and awsome felling when it works too. dont get me wrong tho i like being high too but i think i enjoy smoking it just as much

3. lol..you need to get out more

4. I totally agree with what youre saying.

5. What people mean when by that is don't sweat if its mids or schwagg. Every one likes to get high, i wouldn't just smoke it for the "artform" as you put it. I know you wouldn't either. People smoke to get high but i smoke for alot of other reasons as well.

6. nah man

7. nice its good to know someone feels the same way about smoking

8. i do smoke to get high and to relieve my mygraines (im very young and couldnt get medical mj even if i tried) but i dont think u should down mids (definitely down schwag) most people cant get no real dank stuff or if they could its very expensive... my med-high mids i always enjoy the taste and the high ive had dank a couple times i just didnt like how i couldnt smoke a bowl (joint/blunt was too much) and would rather not waste it smoking out of aluminum foil... high mids i can smoke 1/2 a j and get a good high...

9. getting high is a great thing and so is the act of smoking but some people just prefer to do it for the effect. obviously some people take the time to appreciate everything that goes along with getting high (ex. filling the bong, the "communion" of just sitting around enjoying each others company, the anticipation while breaking it up, etc). but the bottom line is that everybody does it in their own way and for their own reasons. by all means, if you appreciate the act of smoking, more power to ya but its not necessary to enjoy relaxing while stoned. i personally am one of those who enjoys smoking but i have to respect others' motives for getting high

10. i wouldnt say i smoke to "get fucked up"

the way i put it, is i like how i think when i get high. It opens me up a lot more and allows me to interpret things in a much more profound sense.

However, i keep my tolerance low, and i do not need "dank nugs" to get me high to experience the great mary jane. I tend to by decent to higher middies and it is just fine for me. Personally, i cannot go around always buying the better quality bud, but occasionally i do treat myself to it, but really there isn't much need for me to buy it other than i like the taste/high slightly more

but no matter what you or me thinks on the matter, there will always be people just smoking weed to get fucked up, just as there are people who only drink alcohol to get fucked up, but i do not always see it as a bad thing, as long as the person can be responsible and use it in moderation

11. I wouldn't smoke if it didn't get me high. So you're saying if weed didn't have thc you would still smoke it? I mean why not just smoke tobacco? It's a lot cheaper. I'm sorry coyote, but I'm going to have to disagree with you. I'm not going to say you smoke for the wrong reason but you do smoke for a different reason than I do. And biggest difference between dank and shwagg isn't the actual smoke, but the high.

12. i know what you mean, and i'd say i would not have started smoking weed if it did not get me high, but nowadays i really do enjoy the actual smoking part of it, and i probably would smoke it if it didn't get me high (or maybe i'm just saying that because i am high, whatever) but of course i really do love the high that marijuana gives you.

13. i believe his message wasnt just about "getting high" but about the people who abuse it just to get fucked up and not enjoy all that marijuana has to offer, but i could be wrong

14. thats basically what I was saying...

:hello:for you

15. EVERYONE smokes to get high... if you didnt get high of marijuana.. people wouldnt smoke it.

Saying you dont smoke weed for the high would be like me pulling a flower out of my garden and smoking it.. for no reason whatsoever.

I do agree however, that it is very exciting before all of the events take place.

You get the bong out, break the bud, fill it with water, pack the bowl, spark it, fill the bong up, slide the bowl out and in seconds your flying high. Its all very exciting but once again... no one smokes it just to "do it" everyone smokes it for the high.

People who smoke schwag/mids/what have you are usually the less experienced tokers who have a low tolerance and simply dont NEED amazing bud. Money is also a factor in many situations (which is very understandable). People who smoke dankity dank have usually been smoking much longer than others and need to smoke more potent weed to achieve the level of "highness" that is required/desired.

So with that being said, lets put an end to this arguement and smoke some WEED!

16. My Opinion: Hell Yes!!!

17. I def enjoy the picking out the bong packing a nice bowl but i also love getting high. Its a fine mix.

18. Whenever i buy weed, i am always looking for the best stuff available, even if its expensive. I usually buy my weed for 60$ an 8th, and its extremely dank and sticky :D.T Even if im fiending... i would never buy anything else but super dank chronic. The high i get, from just half a bowl back, is way better than the high i get from 3 bowl pacts from middies, and i dont have to put as much tar or other harmful shit into my lungs.

19. Smoking regs and mids is an artform aswell. One of the greatest feelings and times to be had is rolling up a HUGE blunt of some mids and puffing and passing it for an hour. Or packing bowl after bowl until youre all brain melted.

20. Personally for me getting high is primarily a matter of trying to realize the part of me I bury under uptight mental attitudes and daily bullshit. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the ritual as well. Like pulling out my stashes, meticulously examining the buds, the anticipation of the odor, followed closely by the delicious taste, and finally quality of high. All of that is very important and not as common with random street weed. With that bag weed you're getting the same amount of love that went into producing it. What always gets me about the bag weed buyers is all of those precious trichomes smeared inside of their bags, wasted because someone was careless with the final product.

When you smoke Schwagg you smoke a pale imitation of Marijuana. When you smoke dank you're smoking the very heart and substance of it. It isn't a distinction that everyone wants to make but neither is smoking weed out of an empty toilet paper roll as opposed to a RooR.

Marijuana is probably one of the most disrespected plants on the planet behind actual "trees" because many times smokers aren't discriminating, they just go for whatever they can get their hands on and the market responds accordingly. Around where I'm at some smokers try to pass off some sorry ass buds as dank, and people just assume its right. ALL smokers need to be educated about good Marijuana, that way their overall experience can be enhanced and their respect heightened. There's something amazingly spiritual about good buds. When I smoke people out with my love, they're blown away of course but they're also enlightened about what's truly possible. An additional benefit is that they don't have to smoke as much to get even close to a desired effect. It's all about quality not quantity.

Patience and respect are the keys. Having the mental fortitude to hold out for the best available product and not whatever buds are dangled in front of you. Only the "drones" settle for that bait. Getting high is a communion of sorts it isn't merely a distortion of the senses but an embracing of them. In the same way that Salvia Divinorum isn't a recreational drug but a way of examining one's self from an uncommon perspective, a “dream quest” of sorts.

IMHO what we're lacking is the guidance of Shamans and keepers of wisdom, people that instruct and guide seekers in such matters. Because uniformed use is a bit like hopping behind the wheel of a car for the first time, then driving onto the freeway, and expecting things are going to be copasetic.

There's a whole range of experience that comes with good Marijuana, I think we should go for the total package instead of a flimsy part.

That's my take.

Stay green.