Your opinion of Facebook?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by juicemaineMAN, Jun 13, 2010.

1. What is your guys and girls opinions on facebook chatting? I personally feel like its weird to ask somebody to hangout over it, especially a girl. I would much rather do it in person. But now that its summer I guess why not, ill try it.

Btw its highschool age and I talked to the girls in school, just never chilled before. Do girls think its creepy asking to chill over facebook? Cause I sure as hell do.

2. I can't make up my mind about it. In a way myspace ('twas a while ago) reintroduced me to my future girlfriend of a year. I had met her before though. My friend met a girl through facebook recently and they seem to be getting along well enough, so I can't raise too much issue.

I do think it's a little different to look at facebook and go out searching for a significant other. But if you get to know someone as a result of meeting someone on facebook and you end up falling for each other I think that's awesome. I wouldn't go so far as to say creepy.

I recently blocked my ex because I didn't want to have to see her status updates. She tried to call me a drama queen. Haha.

3. I just sent a friend request to a guy I work with 3 days ago and he hasn't accepted yet lol, makes me feel like he doesn't want to add me wtf.

yeah facebook is gay cus I have no real friends and I just see everyoen basically bragging about their lives and all teh exciting vacations and things they are doing with friends and girlfriends/boyfriends kinda depressing

4. If you find someone on facebook and hit it off then meeting them in person is the natural progression. It would be weirder if you talked to someone on fb all the time, got along and never met. Are you chatting with girls you have met before IRL and just haven't chilled with or are you adding people you don't know as friends to chat with them? The latter does sometimes come off a little bit creepy, but the worst a girl will do is ignore it.

5. There is one thing about facebook that irritates me beyond belief. The fact you are friends with all these people you don't talk to..I message these girls I'm "friends" with and they ignore me every time. It's like what the hell we're friends shouldn't we be able to talk?

6. #6 briangumble, Jun 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2010
    I went on a date with a really hot girl I met off myspace before but it's really hard to do cuz they ussually have like a thousand other guys trying to talk to them. So it's better to just do it in person.

7. Well its girls from my school im never gonna see agian if I dont chat to them on facebook. I just wanna ask a girl to chill and go to six flags or something.

8. Yeah i feel you man... Im in the same situation as yiu are, being thats its my last summer at home and i have no other means of contacting them it kind of forces you to use fb. I mean these are the kind of girls that ive talked to a fair amount and got along with but just nevr pursued it. There is one in particular that id really be intrested in getting to know but heres the problem... So pretty much everyone knows me as a stoner, but a stoner that keeps a 4.0. Im pretty sure that this girl is straitedge and not sure if i should try to hangout with her or not. I mean we got along really well in school and such, but obviously she knows tht im not just gonna spark a j in the middle of spanish lol. I feel like i might make her nervous or something. So what do you guys think should i go for it or not? Heres another thing up until this point ivr really only hung out with girls that smoke and smoking was basically what we did... Would like a snowcone place be a good idea?

One more thing: shes not online alot so should i leave her a message? I think that sounds stupid in pussey like but ive only ever seen her online once.

9. i was just gonna wait till shes online then do that whole chat thing, fuck leaving messages.

but hey, if you gotta leave a message, you gotta.

10. Yeah you could do that. I try to stay in touch with girls I knew from high school but most of the time they never reply.

11. i donno, i dont really use my facebook, everytime i get on it i am plagued with kids advertising everything they do all day as if anyone gives a fuck about them going to see a movie with friend a and b. some people must have huge egos to think that everyone wants to know what they are doing.

it is nice to keep in touch with my friends from high school that i dont see anymore though.

12. #12 ReeferAstronaut, Jun 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2010
    I'm mixed on my opinions of Facebook. On one hand its a good tool for keeping in touch with people I've interacted with. On the other hand, like 99% of the posters in this thread, they almost always ignore me.

Yeah dude, same here. Noone ever wants to do anything with me, they ignore my texts and Facebook just makes me wanna rip their fuckin' heads off especially "I <3 my (insert stupid little nickname here)". I'm tired of this other my-ego-is-so-huge, kindergarten BFF bullshit I keep seeing.

Yeah, some of these people actually added ME. And I'm left wondering why. I guess I'm just filler for their stupid little popularity contests.

Once you leave school/class/college/employment, or whatever place you met some of these people, Facebook is sometimes the only tool to keep-in-touch, but really, you might as well just say Goodbye.

13. haha you should see some of the status updates I see.

" I hate the wheather today! omg!"

"loves her boyfriend!!"

"just had teh tastiest burger ever!"

i'm thinkign wtf I don't give a shit about any of this.

facebook can be beneficial you can reconnect with people you haven't seen in a long time and share your photos etc they can see what you're up to.

but for a lot of people it's to just brag about their lives and to make themselvs look cool and seem like they have this exciting life going on.

I don't even really log on anymore I don't talk to anyone on facebook lol.

14. I recently went from 172 friends to about 50 and it was a very good decision. I am now only friends with my extended family and the people I hang out with on a regular basis.

No applications, no games, only convenient communication and photo-sharing with people I care about and speak to frequently.

15. aw that's fucked up that these chicks are ignoring y'all, wtf. you guys all seem decent.

i only get on fb to see if people wrote on my wall or messaged me.

i don't think it's creepy at all, though. when new people ask me to hang out (especially cute guys) i'm psyched, even if it's over fb. although it's easier exchanging numbers over fb THEN planning shit. make sense?:)