Your nationalities

Discussion in 'General' started by TokingToker, Aug 11, 2008.

1. I would say it is at the very least tangentially related to the topic, even if discussing the African origin theory was not the original purpose of the thread. People are still posting their nationalities for the most part. There is no law against two things being discussed in a single thread, as long as people remain civil.

No one "knows" anything for sure, that is why it is a theory. The entire idea of the scientific method is based on the idea that our knowledge about the universe is constantly changing, and the process is designed to allow for theories to be refined and improved to match our changing knowledge.

For instance, at this time, evolution and natural selection are the most widely accepted explanations for genetic diversity and the origin of species, and there is no other theory for this that even comes close to standing up against the rigors of scientific testing. It is not necessarily a perfect theory, and we may need to refine it in the future (or supplant it with something else entirely) should a discovery be made that renders the current theory inadequate. The same is true of the African origin theory - there are not a lot of other scientific theories with much credibility to explain the origin of humans, but there is plenty of scientific evidence (as mentioned earlier) that supports it.

Also, the 'missing link' is an outdated concept. Evolution is gradual, there is no reason to believe you are going to find a half-man, half-ape intermediate. Early hominids such as australopithecus are the closest thing we can find to a "link" between humans and the earlier primates from which both hominids and the modern great apes descend.

2. I'm a Pole in Chilean form.

3. You are in the right, kind sir.

However, this is a topic of great debate and one that is relevant to us all. Does it not deserve its own thread?

Oooh, :eek:, look what I found in the Science and Nature forum:

http://forum.grasscity.com/science-nature/258628-africa-dawn-humankind.html

4. [​IMG]

:rolleyes:
    Human population has been estimated to have been around five million people 10,000 years ago. Recent studies from the Center for Genome Research and others such as Ambrose suggest a small group of perhaps 10,000 people could have left Africa between 50-100,000 years ago and populated the entire planet.

you got it wrong.and yes this does need another thread...

5. basque, native American "tlingit" Alaskan native

6. Wrong dude. There are hominid ancestors far younger than the austrolopithicus that we know of (IE Homo erectus). I really don't see what people in this thread are trying to argue...it's a widely accepted scientific fact that the human species originated in the congo basin. Where the fuck did you guys take biology?

7. German.. all the way

8. 100% Irish born and bred, Gaelic as you get, fluent in speaking Irish too!

9. I'm half Italian, and half a mix of european jew lol (russian, austrian mostly)
    But i grew up in a very italian area, and was raised very italian-catholic...

so yea, im a proud italian, and wear a cross on my chest (even though i think religion, particularly organized, is, well.... eh, fuck it, im not really religious) but i respect my jewish heritage/culture as well

10. from most to least:
    Moldovian, Ukranian, Russian

11. bosnian.

12. DEUTSCH ! HALTEN SIE DAS FAHRZEUG AN ! PAPIERE BITTE !
    [​IMG]

Naaaw ... im proud to be german (btw we just cured AIDS if anyone herd about it ?)
    Just please note that we don't all look like what is shown above aswell as the fact that the stereotype from eurotrip does NOT occur in germany (we do have good food and beer tough :p)

13. all dago
    wouldnt have it any other way

14. 100% Shqiptare!

From Prishtina, Kosova...I immigrated with my parents to New York City.

15. Scottish 100%

btw ..im not so sure about posting swastikas on a forum , ive seen forums get in trouble for that..just a thought , doesnt bother me , just friendly advice

16. deutsche leute sind verruckt! lol
    kada cemo se napusit?
    quiero fumar todia.

17. canadian.
    yeee... don't know much beyond that.

18. mexican, puerto rican, scottish, irish and german

19. Fuck. A lot of Irishmen smoke.

Uhh.

Irish/Scottish/French/English/Turkish

All in order from greatest to least.