Your Most Painful Experience

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by GGrass, May 6, 2010.

1. Can you think of the time when you were in MOST PAIN?

Can you recall that feeling of pain?

What was it? Why?

2. I got kicked in the nuts once!

3. #3 tharedhead, May 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2010
    1. Acute pancreatitis

2. getting bit by 27 wasps and jumping off a roof to get away from them

3. shingles

(not all in the same day)

4. Interesting...

5. Physical: Fracturing my wrist; fractured collar bone; split open my forehead.
    Emotional: Extreme envy; extreme hopelessness; heartbreak.

6. My cousin and best friend's funeral.

7. Having wisdom teeth out with local anesthetic only. 20-25 shots of xylacane sucks super mega ultimate balls. I had one side done at a time tho so is was only like 12 per visit but still, horrible experience.

8. If you had to pin down to just ONE SINGLE moment of pain...

What was it?

---------------------------------------------

I have an assumption, that people remember physical pain better than emotional pain.

In fact, people can recall the physical pain very vividly, but seem to forget almost entirely when it comes to emotional pain.

The assumption comes from observing myself.

I can remember the physical pain I endured, but I can't even remember what it felt like when THAT happened... In fact, I can't even remember what happened.

Or is it that I don't want to remember? If I tried hard enough, I'm sure I can recall the moments when that happened... but the more I try to think about it, the less clear it gets. The more I dig into it, the more hazy it gets...

9. I assumed that since this is in the Spirituality/Philosophy section, that you were referring to emotional pain.

Fortunately I've never really experienced any traumatic physical injuries- never broken a bone, never even had a cavity! (knock on wood..)

I can very clearly remember my most emotionally painful experience, though. It all happened so fast, my boyfriend was suffering from a heroin addiction and I was the only person in his life to stick by him throughout it all. Knowing that at any point, I could get a phone call that he was dead, I did not want to abandon him. This was about six months after one of my best friends died of a heroin overdose, and about a year after my father, also a heroin addict, died. Watching someone slowly killing themselves is very traumatizing, and those were definitely the darkest moments of my life..

I apologize if you were looking for responses concerning physical pain, thankfully I don't have any particular moments that come to mind!

10. Nah, the emotional pain that I described murdered my soul.
    I got over the physical pain once it healed; emotional pain took a couple years to get over, but I'll never truly be the same.

11. Amazing... Are you my wife???

She had the same experience... before meeting me of course.

She says she can't remember anything. Though it is very clear that she's bearing the scars.

I don't know what I can do to make it better. I don't even know if she wants to get better. May be she's at her best right now. May be it is best she forget all that.

When I posted this thread, I didn't know why I asked this question, but now I think I know.

12. How do people deal with pain?

I think the standard way to deal with pain is to forget about it.

But is it the best way to deal with pain?

Should I talk to other people about their painful experience?

Like I'm doing with this thread. I'm asking other people to talk about their pains. Should I be doing that?

13. i got stabbed in my stomach with a big ass knife. worst pain ever.

14. Yes we should openly talk to one another about our pains because we all feel the same kinds of pain, maybe on different levels but still the same. Learning comes from sharing

When asking how to deal with pain you must ask what causes it, im going to focus on emotional because physical we know how to heal. Let's take myself as an example for not one year ago my romantic involvement with what I saw as an angel ended. It was the worst and still affects me to this day as my feelings for her were unconditional. What she meant to me was everything (surprising) before we met my life felt empty because I never had any set answers to any of my questions, I didn't give myself a purpose therefore disposable.

Anywho she sparked crazy thoughts of a future with her within me. I was thinking about marriage, trips to other countries, you name it. I didn't know what I wanted until I found her, she fulfilled every desire I ever had.

But I was young (17) and she was older (21) and at a different stage in her life, and though we felt a deep connection with each other and held on for the sake of holding this feeling we decided to let go of each other and if it was meant to be we will one day reunite, again if it was meant to be.

So emotional pain concerning love depends on how much you rely on that connection to get you through daily life, on how much you took for granted that person or thing or feeling was going to be there tomorrow and then its not. How attached you were will define how much they take from you when they leave. Even though mine wasn't a negative fallout it still hurts the same

But there is healing of the wounded. Spiritual healing is the best for this kind of hurt, redistributing your energy and balancing yourself out will help you come to terms with those feelings, help you understand them and help you understand what you can do to help yourself. the pain can blind you very quickly, understand the pain and wisdom will become of it

15. getting really bad food poisoning from fucked up tap water.

sitting in bed, constantly had to shit, but i physically couldnt, stomach pains so bad i woke up every 10-20 minutes in the night, sweating like crazy, tired, loss of strength. All i could do was lay there and pray it would go away soon, couldnt even read because the pain was too much.

i remember laying there thinking, "now that im really sick, i cant even remember what its like to not be sick and not feel pain constantly."

then one day i started to feel better, smoked a bowl and literally took the biggest shit i have ever taken, couldnt even believe it i was about 10 pounds lighter after that

16. October 21, 2009 my 14 year old brother was in a fatal car accident. His friend stole his parents car and picked up my brother for a joy ride. Still the worst pain I could imagion at times, but it is slowly getting better.

Which weirdly brought me to this website and the Spirituality and Philosophical topic. He was on here all the time, and I wanted to know what he was learning about. It's weird that a 14 y.o. was learning about spirituality before he died, but very chill.

17. My week withdrawl from taking E. Worst week of my life. I was worried i'll never be better.

18. emotional pain?... when my dad had a stroke that was the strongest single emotion i've ever felt, and it was fear. thank god he pulled through.

also, april 8/april 9 2009, two of my best friends were in a fatal car wreck.. went to the crash site and found their torn up newports with 1 left in the pack.... that was too much. in fact i just got watery eyed thinking about it.... fuck.

19. Physical pain is nothing compared to emotional pain. There are so many things you just will never be able to swallow.

20. Getting shot, and getting stabbed are the most physically painful experiences.

Both left some pretty wicked scars.
    I don't recommend either one of them.

Most emotionally painful?
    This might take awhile.