Your Method of Transfering to Hydro.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Sinuzzx, Aug 31, 2012.

1. #1 Sinuzzx, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2012
    How long do you guys wait? enough for the roots to get long to touch the water in your hydroponic system.?
    and Do you grow in soil for the first few weeks? Im begginning my first official grow soon, hopefully my seed germinates successfully.. real excited about this :hello:

Do you guys suggest using rockwool..?

2. How are you going to start the seeds??
    Usually for hydro you can use Rockwool or Rapid Rooters work as well...

I'm old school, I soak my seeds over night, then put them in a damp paper towel until they crack..
    Then drop them in RW or a RR and in a day or two you have a seedling...
    I maintain them in the RW or RR until they are usually on their second set of serrated leaves, by then their seed cracker leaves are depleted of nutrients and they are hungry, also you should be seeing roots poking out the 2" RW or RR...

Then off to their home where we start feeding and pHing.... ;)

:wave:

3. as of right know i am germinating them in a paper towel, nice and damp.. keeping them in the dark, Tommorow i will be going to target,or home depot to pick up some rockwool, or RW (what you use.) seeing as i just researched that real quick, and see alot of good results.. .. and From their ill probably transfer them to the hydro setup.. Wish me luck thanks for your help i was stuck on this...

4. Go to a local hydro store and get Rapid Rooters...
    Some will break up the packs and sell you how ever many you want, some won't..
    Call around and ask if they have, and then can you buy a few or do you have to buy the whole bag..

Cause I think the whole bags are like $35-40.... :confused_2:
    My local shop will sell me 1 if I want... ;)