Your meaning of life

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by hotsauc3, May 14, 2005.

1. I heard a theory recently that life is just your spirit, or soul, learning another lesson. Constantly striving for perfection. If you are leading a comfortable life it's to learn comfort. If you're leading a violent life it is to learn violence. As perfection is not just the good stuff, but like a garden. A little bit of everything, because a garden of just sun flowers is boring.

Sometimes it feels like I'm fading with the hurtles of a hard life. And it forced my spirituality to grow. So smoke a joint and tell me what you feel your meaning of life is.

2. A theory like that could be harmful to decisions society makes. If a person is a serial killer was his life made for his spirit to learn about killing? (yea i know a little extreme but it makes the point) Ofcourse it isn't.

3. It's not a theory for a cookie cutter society. It's an individual kinda thing. Plus you didn't give a theory..:smoke:

4. All is life. Even the dead itself was life. Because if there is no dead, there wont be a life.therefor everthing has a life. The real life of the living is dead, and the real life of the dead is living.Or you can call it this way,(Spirit,Soul,Image,Existance, and Name,) are all one that is life.And life is one not multiple.That is what make us became real, and also make us became One.It also make all those things we call creations, and creator.For there are no difference between the creator, and the creation.The Name where the same too.I am sheikh Ibrahim today in Senegal,but tomorrow I can became Machel, Emmanuel or mohammed, in America, Japan, or India.At the same time taking the Image, the soul, and the Spirit with me.It can also be applyed to all creations.

5. meaning of life? hmmm mine is :
    the art of living in the present ; dont worry about the past , dont be concerned with the future

6. that's hard to top, so i won't try. :)

yep, we're all fuzzy changing coloured patches of nrg floating on a "higher dimensional plane"... but its all a matter of figuring it out. ....and figuring out how to play that part...? well, it happens to you. you don't live life, it lives you. ? worth considering.

there are many ways to look at things, many paths to take, ... we are one, sagely wisdom to help with the footie-up for some.

7. Amazing posts everyone.

Life just is. Some of its good and some of its 'bad'. Positive-Negative, Ying-Yang, Two sides of a coin are all examples of life.

We are souls/spirits learning through our bodies five senses in this illusion, living, learning, sometimes crashing and burning, but its all the same, its all life.

Here we are in the NOW, and we can do anything we want, we are the creators of our lives, but most people are asleep to this thought blinded by our fear, hate, war, greed that are all produced by the ego which makes us ignorant. Now you ask.. what is my meaning of life? To Live, to Be, to feel, to learn, to grow, and most of all to love. But then again, words can't describe my feelings

8. He said that violence is a lesson, he didn;t say it was right. A serial killer would not be rewarded for acting violently, he would be punished and learn from his mistake for another life.

I don't necessarily agree with u sauce but I think thats a great outlook on life and very similar to budhism

9. Life is about: Live and let live, if someone is not letting you live, fuck his ass up.

10. I dont have a reason for being, I am. I Gave up reasoning bout a year ago when i was about to kill myself. Im fine now, i kinda just watch.

11. Check out the post about taoism. Pretty much enjoy the time being while you have the time being. And make decisions based on your experiences in life not on what you hear/see in everyday shit. Well something like that.. Either way you enjoy stuff alot more. :smoke:

12. I did try that, was a bit back to front to me, proberly just me tho

13. Whatever the fuck you think. It's all a head trip.

There isn't an answer.

Whatever is true is true. Stick to that, and don't worry about death because everyone dies anywyay. If you were to ACTUALLY go to heaven or hell, atleast by then you would know the truth. That would be pretty cool. Just be patient and while you're at it, make the world a better place.

14. Nothing matters. We just so happen to have life on our planet, which caused humans to exist, which causes all people to exist, but when you're dead it's just over. Nothing matters in your life after that, you're inexistant.
    Life doesn't matter, nothing does. So why not just have fun while you're living?

15. Sure man! Lets just have all the damn fun in the world. But guess what.. every once in awhile you're going to pass through the bottom of the wheel, feel sad, depressed, pessimistic and so on. And during that time, if its not spent drowing it out with booze, you will start to think about the 'why?'

/End scene/