Discussion in 'General' started by Floydian, Jul 21, 2006.

1. #1 Floydian, Jul 21, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2019

2. I'm not going to introduce them to it because if they ever got caught I would feel that it was my fault and that just wouldn't be good. Also if they denied imagine how shitty you would feel.

I would just wait until the subject came up and just tell them random information and how I feel about it and let them make their own choice. Actually, now that I think about it, I'm going to wait until I catch them - that is saying if they ever smoke - and act like im really really pissed off and yell at them and stuff. Then the next day I'll be like "HAHAHHAHAHA I was joking, want a joint?"

I would of course make them minimize all the risks of getting caught with the police and stuff and probably have restrictions on carrying so much weed and stuff. I would also let them drink at parties and such as long as they tell me so I could pick them up because there going to do it no matter what...why make it dangerous and have them sneak around? I'm going to be a pretty cool parent...but still be smart about it. But yeah if they told anyone I let them smoke I'd smack them to next year.

3. Ya I agree with what you said. It is safer to get from your parent then a dealer. And def only in my house, so no trouble with the law, inless it is legalized by then:D don't think so though. *clenches fist in anger*

4. #4 Floydian, Jul 21, 2006

5. i dont rly think i will b smoking when i have kids but when (if) my kids start to smoke i will give them a talk but they can do it just as long as it dosent take over there life...shit on his/her b day ill buy him/her a bong

6. Ya as long as "you control the drug and the drug doesn't control you" I will let them smoke. I like the bong idea:D

7. #7 Floydian, Jul 21, 2006

8. like they said, i would not introduce them to it, but i would make it clear as they were growing up that it was not anything like the government makes it out to be.

if they showed interest in it, or i caught them with it later, i would set down rules similar to yours, that i would prefer them smoking it in the house and i would prefer them to get it from me then instead of through dealers(i plan to have a nice little grow when i am older)

although i do not even know if i will have kids, this is all hypothetical and things may change once i am ready for kids, etc. People keep saying how different things can get, so you never know

9. I am glad i have seen so many ways and approaches to parenting because it has shown me what works and what doesnt. I will tell my kid flat out that he can tell me anything, and i want them to do exactly that. if they are ever unsure about something or ever wanna try a new drug, i want them to tell me so we can discuss it. no anger no yelling, just plain facts and intelligent conversations.

Heres the bad approach: i knew people that would rather drive home drunk then call their parent and be like "yea, i drank too much and im in no condition to drive come pick me up" because they were so scared of their parents. yea... GREAT PARENTING. THAT IS THE DUMBEST APPROACH EVER! threatening ur children only makes u more distant from them and their lives and puts them more at risk

i will tell my kid that i smoked when i was their age and talk to them. i will tell them that id rather know whats going on with them, even if i dont agree with it, then not know, and that safty is always my 1st priority when it comes to them. This way lets say my child is goin to a party i want the convo to go like this

"hey dad im goin to a friends house for a party."

"ok cool. are you guys gonna drink there?"

"yea probably, my friend also picked up a 1/2 of pot so we'll prolly smoke that too"

"ok just be safe and dont drink too much. if your uncomfortable or want to come home for any reason just give me a call"

thats what im lookin foward to most about being a parent... being a good one who is more concerned with my child being safe then giving him stupid lectures. i wont encourage him to drink and i wont encourage him to smoke, but im certainly not going to threaten him if he does do it.

also: i will tell him that i smoked (or smoke if im still tokin by that age lol but i doubt i will be) because that way i think they will kinda realize that im not jokin when i say they can tell me anything, cause i did the same thing when i was a kid

10. this is pretty much how my parents handled it and it has worked out i have been smoking for 3 years and my parent have been smoking for around 20 years and no one in the family has any drug charges

now on the other hand my aunt and uncle on my moms side smoke and they have a 7 year old boy they smoked infront of him till he was 4 or 5 they started to hide it from him when he had an oficer come to his school with pipes and stuff to show them and one of his classmates told the officer that his dad had a pipe ever since that incident they have hid it from him but they dont do a very good job they get really stoned cause they live in kansas and dont know anybody there so they come here in nebraska to get it from us its a 3 hour drive so sometimes they dont smoke months at a time and get really stoned then the kid walks in the room and they forget to hide it and he sees it i have no idea what this kid thinks about it but the way i see it hiding it from them makes them think it is bad

sorry for the long post but to answer your question yes i would do it just like you said it how i learned and if its not broke dont fix it beside i am more worried about alcohol and tobbacco cause those are bad

11. I would smoke it with them first i rather have them smoke it with me than anyone else, when they turn 14 and i would tell them if they like it try to make it a special occasion thing (like what my dad did....ahh the good days)....I would let them smoke at my house, I would rather them smoke at my house than out at a park or sumthin, being at my house i would think its more safe....

12. YOU WIN THE PARENTING PIRZE!

[​IMG]

No seriously, that is the best approach to parenting that I have ever heard. +Rep

Peace
    Dannk!...:smoking:

13. LOL! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! lol dank that was a funny ass pic lol :p ty tho lol i appreciate the support

14. #14 Floydian, Jul 21, 2006

15. if the subject of drugs ever arose, i'd say they'd have to be like around 18 before they start, and they can't move on to bigger and better things, quite possible an occassional trip from something like shrooms though, but that's it, spankings all around if i see any powder on their noses

16. hahahah. that's such a good idea. freak the lil guy out then be like i'm jus kidding dude let's go get high, shit.

oh yeh i think that is a pretty smart way to parent. the kids i know who have chill parents like that have mad respect for their rents and do their best to not get in trouble/on their nerves/break their rules. plus once their older and have socially acceptable behavior (i hope) yall can be more like buddies. have a little smoking buddy to teach the stoner ways to and shit. all i would expect for my kids if they toked was good grades and a job every once in a while. if they can be a responsible person they can be a [responsible] toker when they live in my house.

17. man, i would be the one that introduced pot to my kids. let them know about it straight up, not bitch them out like how i was raised. not like i was ever caught, but i'd be more understanding and wouldnt be all like "ITS VERY BAD I'LL CALL THE COPS ON YOU!" kinda shit. i'd tell them wen they first start out to smoke only in the house, smoke what i give them, if im still toking by then, come to me if they have questions. all i'd ask in return is keep outta trouble and keep up the grades. and wen i do let them smoke outside the house, make sure they don't get caught. ;)

really, thats how every parent outta be.

18. Id buy stuff for them in small amounts and tell them that if they ever buy it, to give the money to me so I can rip them off and buy my own weed hahaha what a plan, but I would just tell them, give your money to me because I have, and by when I have kids old enough in my eyes to do it, I should have even more reliable dealers, that give good deals, and are safe, and since Im buying, I get in trouble if caught rather than them.

19. Me towards my kids, if any
    [​IMG]
    :hello:

20. Hell if I ever had kids I'd start'em young probably at the tender age of straight outta the womb.:D