YOUR internet is going to be gone *read*

Discussion in 'General' started by head4life, Jul 8, 2007.

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP_3WnJ42kw

what does this mean?

well, as of yesterday, the changes are already in the works......sites are probably looking at a fee to load as fast their connection will allow, something that is free for now.

if they can't afford that fee, then those sites may load as slow as 1/100th of their maximum speed.....that's YOUR 10mbps connection that you pay $50+ a month for, loading a site like grasscity.com at a whopping 100kbps; literally slow DIAL UP speeds.......so you'll be paying for more, but you won't get it and there won't be shit you can do about it

it's best to voice your opinion to your senators NOW. you can go here to find out the number to call your senators' offices at http://www.savetheinternet.com/

this isn't just some bullshit and this is going to be just like the other "free media"

do something now because it's damn near TOO LATE.

we know money rules this country and those with it want more and this is how they get it....the rest of us just wanna be happy and if the internet factors into that happiness or even convenience in any way, you better make it know now

SAVE THE INTERNET PEOPLE dont let big companys rule us tell us where to go what to watch FUCK THAT

2. Looks like Grass City Island is turning into a viable instead of a dream.

3. isn't this only in the US? :D

either way it's a piece of shit deal

also, who are the internet people and who are we saving them from?

4. Well if an ISP purposely made certain web sites slow, then couldn't you just switch to a different ISP that doesn't do that bullshit?

5. in the US only (I think)

and watch the video

6. well it starts with the big companys such as verizon at&t and moves on to all of them

TV used to be a open network to whoever wanted to broadcast so did radio and newspaper

now they are all censored like I can say FUCK all I want online that might change soon

ISPs can block sites so you cant view them at all or make them so slow its pointless to go there so you can only go to big companys that have websites

instead of getting info from another site thats blocked you must go to a big company to get your info ect.

this is such bullshit in other words they are making a new internet with only big companys and blocking any websites made by you and I

7. Why you say that? There's other means of communication.

8. fuck i can not believe these people. theyre gona ruin everything. theyre going to ruin the internet. just when youtube was getting so good.

9. Dude fuck that noise. I've been making my own websites and shit since i was 12.. This will not stand, shit is going to go down, because people need shit like this or lives can become pointless... The internet is just like another hobby like habitual marijuana use that they want to shut down.

10. money hungry greedy bastards

11. one of the few causes i can actually see this generation standing up against.

we're all too numb to war and violence to really protest anything of that nature.

12. I posted about Net Neutrality a while ago when it first came into question and it has now been brought back up to late to do much. This is will effect the world not just the U.S., so we all need to fight for this.

13. PBS had a good program on this. China is better prepared for the future internet than the usa. they also dont have old dusty farts that dont know how to turn a moniter on making laws because some lobbiest took them to the chix ranch for a man stix cleaning.

bye bye internet

14. This deserves a bump

15. is this already happening? i noticed allot of sites are starting not to work :confused:

16. fukin shit! whatabout grasscity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. aint that the truth

18. If, and when this goes into play, it'll be the BIGGEST fuckup any corporation has made. Expect an uprising.

19. They have to take away the one place where you can do almost whatever you want.

20. I remember that post..

This isn't good..its doesnt seem like a big deal..but its the first step down a slllippery slope