Your goal, Your nutrition?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Rerun, Mar 7, 2010.

1. So, I think some of you know that building a toned/bulked body is very dependant on your diet. Now I'd like to know the following:

What is your goal?
    U wanna bulk up? Lose weight? Get cut abs? A combination?

&

What does your nutrition contain on a daily base?
    U dont have to mention EVERY glass of water you drink or w/e

Just some basic things you'd eat everyday, or things you don't want to eat because of [fill in blank]

Personally, I'm more or less bulking up slowely atm.
    I'm lifting weights, doing push ups, some crunches and leg raises. The whole 9 yards basicly except for much cardio. I want to burn as less calories as possible with cardio, and bring the calories straight to muscle reinforcement.

as for nutrition:

I drink a protein shake everyday, just 1 full skoop mixed with water. Its not the best taste but it does its job.

I want to eat pasta almost everyday, and preffered twice a day.
    Chicken also, and vegetables.
    1 piece of fruit, and just keep my calorie and protein intake on a high.

Basicly eat a good meal every 3 hours, wether its rice with chicken, or some eggs.
    Drink water or fruit juice with pulp. And occasionally eat something with sugar, since it has slight anabolic effects Ive heard from reliable source.

Now you :)

2. I eat w/e is in front of me.

Eggs, bread, protein shakes, pasta ,chicken, yougurt. Anything and everything.

I usually end up eating about 5 pb and j's a day lol. Shit is just soo good.

3. [​IMG]

As far as proportion goes, this is pretty much my ideal. But, about 60-70% of that size.
    Fuckin love the really defined and pronounced chest/shoulders/back, with nice arms but not too bulky, and a slim ass and pronounced core. And for the legs, not monstrous, but big and defined.

My diet: Whole wheat pasta, oatmeal, brown rice; canned chicken/tuna, lean meat, fish; 1% milk, cottage cheese, yogurt, egg whites; fruits and veggies; water. I alternate each group of foods for every meal. (Example: oatmeal+eggs+milk; pasta+canned chicken+veggies; rice+pasta+yogurt+fruit, etc.)

Right now, I'm cutting. Then Imma do a clean bulk and pack on some muscle.

The essential meals for me have always been breakfast, post-workout, post-post workout and right before bed. Breakfast: Protein shake, oatmeal, egg whites. Post-workout: Gatorade, protein shake. Post-post workout: Pasta, canned chicken, salad; Right before bed: Cottage cheese. And lots of water throughout the day.

4. Well, we're almost on the same boat there :D
    I'm just doin it the other way around; Bulk up now, as clean as possible. Then get cut definition overall.

Do you know a good back workout with just some light dumbells?
    I can't hang my pullup bar up in this stupid house.

I've tried some, but with light weights its not cutting it for a big and already pretty advanced muscle like my back.

5. Thanks mate :)

6. Just went through a bulking phase, now I'm cutting. To be honest, I can't wait till I'm at my ideal weight and body composition. It is so hard to force myself to over/under-eat.

My goal is 10-12% bodyfat. I'd guess I'm at 18%.

I eat 5 meals a day (to speed up metabolism) at about 350 calories per meal right now. I don't really freak out over protein numbers. If I'm eating a meal that is just pure carbs I'll throw in a protein shake. Other than that, I just try to get as much organic and wholesome food as I can. Absolutely no candy/ice cream/cookies/wonder bread/extra butter/.etc. It's a waste of precious calories. I drink about 1/2-3/4 a gallon of water per day, should be more, but I'm lazy in that area.

Also, I do HIIT and strength training regularly (just as hard as when I'm bulking). This is key. I have tried to cut without working my muscles before and I just lose a ton of muscle and look the same but smaller.

7. #8 Chaohinon, Mar 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2010
    I have about 30-40 lbs of bodyfat to lose, though I'm not really looking at the scale since I'm gaining muscle simultanously.

My diet is essentially lacto-paleo; lots of cheese, greek yogurt, eggs, meat, animal fats, & veggies. I stay absolutely clear of all sugars, grains, legumes, soy products, and "vegetable" oils. My caloric maximum is 2500, though with this diet I usually reach satiety around 1800-2000.

8. #9 Str8outakompton, Mar 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2010
    My goal weight is 180lbs and 10% body fat my Current weight is 145lbs im at 12% body fat
    For the most part i eat 6-7 meals a day dont really do much calorie counting but wheat bread, fat free milk, egg whites, Oatmeal, vegis, fruits, lean red meat, lean pork tenderloin, chicken breast(nothing fried ever) no fast food, fish, i stick to all natural peanut butter(stay away from anything that says "hydrogenated" in the ingredients), Butter is a nono, olive oil, flax seeds, low fat yogurt, healthy cerial, whole grain pasta, jasmine rice, i stay away from chips and cookies but every now n then after a blunt i cop an oreo from the kitchen haha but yeah thats pretty much the type of shit i eat and for the most part i only drink water... as far as working out goes i usually work out about 5 times a week sometimes more, i do a mixture of dif things including circuits/compound sets/super sets pending on what phase of training. when it comes to reps it varies ranging anywhere from 4-50 usually do about 2-3 excercises per muscle group and 4-5 sets and i do abbs twice a week in addition to w/e work out im doing. when it comes to cardio i usually do anywhere from 30min to an hour 3-4 times a week intervals, sprints, long runs, machines try to mix it up cause cardio is fucking boring. if your looking for some pretty good workouts those muscle magazines have some good routines.

9. trying to trim the stubborn belly fat.......hardest things ive ever had to do.....sculpting is just so damn hard....i can loose weight easily, gain it even easier, but getting that last bit of fat around my core is ridiculously difficult. If anyone has some tips i greatly appreciate it.

10. Try cutting out out some of your carbs(Not to many though) and also some of that "fat" around your belly is just water weight not fat. alot of body builders only looked ripped because they are dehydrated for the photo shoot. do some extra cardio son!

11. My goal right now is to lose around 50lbs of fat, im at 260 currently. After losing about 25lbs of fat i'll focus on gaining some muscle then cutting another 25-30 n gaining some more muscle. The one thing I dont wanna do is lose all that weight first, i've seen the effects of cutting that much weight in a little amount of time and its not sexy. Im hoping the extra muscle will prevent that. The shit I eat is terrible. Not much nutritional value. Counting calories is hard cuz i cook alotta shit and dont count. I try not to go over 3 meals a day, it happens but it doesnt affect my weight much.

12. I cook a lot too,

just look at the individual ingredients' calories and ALWAYS use measuring cups. If you can, get a cheap kitchen scale.