Your fitness story

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Burnoutt, May 3, 2013.

1. Didn't see a thread on this so I thought I'd start one. Basically, post your fitness story. How it started, goals, etc.

For me, I've always been known as the "skinny guy". Throughout highschool I was about 5'9" and 115 lbs or so. A few months ago I decided I had enough and looked through numerous articles on bulking up.

It began around January this year. Starting out still at around 115 lbs in college, I had motivation to bulk. I laid out a meal plan, started to follow a specific workout each day to target every muscle group, and went at it.

A little under 5 months later and I'm sitting at 140 pounds, while maintaining a low 12-14% BF. I'm currently able to bench my weight no problems (which is something I couldn't say when I started. That itself makes me proud).

My goal for the end of 2013 is to reach 160 pounds while maintaining around the same BF percentage (obviously will go up a bit). I feel that fitness has actually, cheesy as it is to say, become a part of my life. Because of it I'm more confident, and generally a happier person. I'm in it for life now, and wouldn't have it any other way.

What's your story?

2. Hey that's good shit man. All my skinny buddies tell me they tried to bulk, but it never works. All I can think is bull shit! They never tried really like how hard is it to eat a lot? Not very hard I can tell you that :p

So in high school I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism and struggled with medication to bring it down. Finally it was decided I would take radioiodine to eliminate the condition for good. Now the problem with radioiodine is that it often puts you in the opposite end of the spectrum: hypothyroidism. Not worrying much about that I stopped making trips to the doctor and I was now out of high school so no longer in a weight lifting class (stopped working out). All of sudden my weight shot up I wasn't huge or anything, but definitely became a chubby kid. I started feeling cold all the time and it was then I realized that something was up with my thyroid. Went back to the doctor and I've been on medication to stabilize me since. Well my weight stopped increasing, but it also wasn't going down. It wasn't until my girlfriend broke up with me that I really wanted to lose the fat (lame reason I know). Anyways, it's been almost half year since then and I have made working out a part of my life. I think if my ex were to see me now she would be blown away, but fuck that bitch I've got bigger fish to fry :p. Lost most of my fat (you can almost see my abs :D) and have made significant strength and muscle gains. I feel like one of the bigger guys at my gym now.