Your favourite techniques to increase yield

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by thehazzle, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Outside of the basics (genetics/light/water/nutes/CO2/longer veg times)

What are your fav methods to increase yield that you absolutely know from experience will increase yield?

2. Training a wide canopy with a sea of tops and limiting it to about 24" deep at most.

Mixing plenty of perlite with my mediums if I use one and using fabric pots for increased aeration.

I feed every watering in promix and DWC. No days with just water. I also feed daily. I almost never skip a day. I hand water so each plant gets the amount I figure it needs based on current feed rate and the look of the plant.

Long veg periods where you're dealing with plants that almost need to be cut back to shape to fit in your flower area. Longer veg = higher yield for sure.

Use beneficial microbes like fungus and bacteria to promote a larger more healthy root structure.

Continue to feed nitrogen at veg levels up to about 6 weeks in flower with a slight taper of an ml or so down after stretch. Many people cut nitrogen in flower too drastically and it can hurt yield for sure.

30-50 watts per square foot in flower at a minimum. That is with higher quality lighting. You may need more then that even.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. I completely agree with T-Bone. Veg long top your plants and lollipop.[​IMG] that's me week 9

Sent from my SM-G930V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Is that a nextlight? nice setup.

5. Yes sir. Thank you. Your advice is right on. Sry to hijack. I'll show veg and stop.

6. No hijack involved. Join in. I could use some help. =)

• Like Like x 1
  7. [​IMG] clones transferred day 1 of flower. 9 week veg, 2-4 toppings, then a bottom clean as you see just as I slab.

• Like Like x 2
  8. I though that 6" rockwool on top of 8" was the largest you could run.... Until I saw yours. =)
    You love rockwool. Great looking plants. Some massive stems on those.

Have you budded a crop with those yet. My first crop adding one qb panel raised my efficiency by 50% g/watt.

9. Oh yes. Added 30%to my baseline with the mega, removed 90%of ductwork, half the heat, restart after power fail

• Like Like x 1
  10. It's a 4" rw cube, on an 8"slab. I slab 2 weeks before flower. I Like to keep them stalky

• Like Like x 1
  11. I thought I liked leds until I found these samsung diodes now I'm a severe fanboi. They've surpassed my expectations for sure. I got 1.2g/watt and I had mites. The grow sucked. I'm confident next grow I can push 1.75-2g/watt.

12. Routinely pull over 32oz per tray, 9 plants. I do 2 and 2 trays and usually get just under 5lbs.

13. I don't like to calculate the gr/w with led. It's high because they're so efficient. I still do the math with a 1000w hid. I got 1.3 with pineapple chunk once. My best.

14. I wasn't even proud of my yield until I started using these white leds. I was around .8g/watt which is nothing to sneeze at but it's not exactly bragging rights.

I'm small scale personal. I bud out of a 4x4 flower area and I also run a 4x4 veg area. Before I added the qb fixtures I was about 20oz's a crop. Last crop after upgrading it was 2 pounds and it was my worst grow so far. I had a bad mite infestation and I chopped the plants to death and sprayed them a bunch.

Next crop I'm going to kill it with no bugs and no super hot summer temps.

15. Get a good Dehumidifier. I just had to process 5lbs because of a light mold. I took no chances and bho all of it into about 350 grams.

16. I'm too cheap to run a dehumidifier. My humidity levels are usually right in range. Plus I've been reading about the vapor pressure deficit chart. Many growers are sticking by that like the bible and it requires some pretty significant humidity levels. Just keep those fans blowing and you should be good.

Ever heard of it? It's one of the new plant growth sciences all the growers are talking about.
    http://hightimes.com/grow/harrys-world-understanding-vapor-pressure-deficit/
    [​IMG]

17. My numbers are fine. But with all the techniques you mentioned, and trimming the way I do, 98% of mine is top cola prime nug. I have no undergrowth and I don't really care. I suppose i could easily get 3lbs per light, but in a quality over quantity guy

• Like Like x 1

18. Sent from my SM-G930V using Grasscity Forum mobile app