Your Favorite Sports Memories

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Deutschbag, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Whether you were there or saw it on TV what is your favorite sports memories?

Mine was going to the Mariners game where they won the 116th game. It was really bitter sweet because the only reason it was the 116th win was because the game had been postponed after 9/11 so they made up the game after the last game.

Also I was really young but I had just become a Bronco fan when I was like 7 but it was watching the Denver Broncos win the Super Bowl against the Packers and John finally got his Super Bowl. :hello:

I know this isn't sport to everyone and it's not really but it was going to Wrestlemania 19 at Safeco field when I was younger. That was cool too.

Whats yours?

2. #2 eyeg0tgr33ns, Oct 23, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
    I'd have to say the TD Drew Brees threw to Antonio Gates in the 2004 Wildcard game to send it into overtime.

We all know how that game ended, but it was pretty cool to see them come back and tie it up. It was especially cool since I was at the game, right on the 50 yard line with perfect seats.

edit:: as for myself in sports, I'd have to say scoring 7 goals against a rival school in a varsity water polo game.

3. Well, my personal best experience was my senior year of Football. We always have a game on thanksgiving with our rivals (they are a 10 minute drive from us but play in a different division) The game and atmosphere is so electric at these games, it's just ridiculous.

Well the year before this they had wooped us pretty bad (score was something like 35-20).... Well this time around we absolutely blanked the sons of bitches 40-0... It was glorious. I was so pumped up for this game because it was the first time all season I was allowed to switch from offensive tackle to defensive tackle. I knew the other teams quarterback and I hated him with a passion and I wanted to put a hurting on him... So I asked my coach to switch me out to D.

I ended up recording something like 5 sacks that game because I just wanted to absolutely destroy this kid... Was a glorious thanksgiving.

My best pro sports moments were when the Sox came back from an 0-3 deficit against the Yankees and went on to win the World Series for the first time in most Boston sports fans lifetime.

The numerous Patriots superbowls also will always hold a special place in my heart after watching Bledsoe suck for so many years.

4. Music City Miracle :hello:

Seeing John Elway do that crazy dive in the Superbowl to get a much needed first down, which lead them to get the win.

Vince Young beating the USC Trojan team in the BCS title game.

Joe Carter hitting the walk off homerun to win the series against the Phils.

The girl in the olympics, who stuck that landing giving the US the gold medal.

Pretty much all I can think of right now...

5. 1. Hitting the go-ahead run for my HS baseball team to win the region, last game, last at bat.
    2. Earning the starting Safety & reciever positions for two straight seasons, whats makes that so special is this school was loaded with talent.
    3. First Tee ball game for my oldest Son.

Aaron Boone's Home run.
    Jeter's relay.
    Emmit Smith's game when he had the dislocated shoulder.
    Jacksons 3 dingers in the WS.
    Miracle on Ice.
    Phelps at Beijing.
    When the great Tom Landry got booted by dick head.

Many more...

6. The bolded ones I watched/remember.

Was too young for the other 3.

7. Ha... it may have started last night and end tonight. Go phils!

8. QFT he jacked that thing.... To make it better, off Wakefield if I remember right

9. I have many:

- I was at a Red Wings/Avalanche playoff game when Darren McCarty of all people got a hat trick. It was crazy.
    - Magglio Ordonez hit a walk off homer to win the 2006 ALCS
    - Peyton Manning finally winning the big one
    - Marlin Jackson intercepting Tom Brady in the 2007 AFC Championship game.
    - Pistons beating the Lakers in the 2004 NBA Finals
    - MSU finally beating U of M at the Big House last Saturday (I was there!)...fuck.the.wolveriiiines

10. When the Red Sox sweeped the yankees and later went to win the world series for the first time in 86 years

11. any ski races I won
    University of Michigan national championship season (1998)
    Michigan defeating Wisconsin in the Big House after being down 19-0 at the half (this season, I was there)
    Boise State-Oklahoma Fiesta Bowl 2006

12. What about last Saturday at the Big House?

13. haha nooo way i've already chalked this season up to the ND season of last year.

Also forgot the Olympics this summer, Lezak's photo finish relay against the French, and the gold medal basketball game, both of which i watched live and trippin:D

14. the thing i'll never forget is the night i stayed up real late watching the pistons VRS pacers...glad i did it was the biggest fight in NBA history, most epic thing i ever saw live.:smoking:

OH and if the phillies win the series thats the greatest sports event i lived threw.

15. Jordan is his late years with the Bulls...what a team!! Rodman, Luc Longley, Kerr, Kukoc, Pippen...The team dynamic was unbelievable, and who can forget Kerr taking the big shot and hitting it in the '97 NBA Finals against the Jazz?

16. Levance Fields of Pitt draining a three pointer at the buzzer last year to beat Duke @ MSG. Waited my entire college career to play Duke once and we beat 'em in that fashion. Fucking loved it. Oh and I was pretty damn excited about Pitt winning the Big East tourny last year too.

17. When the Colts won the super bowl!

#88 Marvin Harrison is the MAN!

18. I really regret not getting into highschool football... (dropped out)
    But I recently made it onto the squad of the local semi-pro team as a linebacker, can't wait for Spring! It's not a very big league, but I figure I'll do that for a couple years while I'm in community college, then when I transfer to a university - I'll be able to play with their team.

My favorite sports memory was Brett Favre and the Packers winning Super Bowl 31 - and Desmond Howard's punt return TD.

19. When it was the Bulls (Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, Armstrong, etc) Days and Johnny "red" Kerr was full time announcer, twas awesome years. Jordan and Pippen would be slapping the powder in Kerrs face during home game, funny, did it for years I think, tradition.

Not to mention the championship runs..GREATNESS!

20. when the tennessee titans beat the bills with the music city miracle, when FW, #89, recieved the ball on the kick off, he ran to the left side, then threw the ball to the right, caught by Kevin Dyson, and he ran for a TD