Your Favorite Scary Movies

Discussion in 'Movies' started by SmokinGirly, Sep 21, 2008.

1. #1 SmokinGirly, Sep 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2008
    I love scary movies so much especially when I'm baked, so I'm curious to see if GC has good taste in some good ol' horror movies

feel free to list some suspenseful thriller if you'd like

but I've seen a lot of them and don't really get scared and am on the hunt for some good ones!!

some I have enjoyed:

Se7en
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre
    Saw (the first)
    Last House on the Left (old but effin scary)
    [REC] <--- :eek: all i gotta say its out of spain but still awesome, its the movie Quarantine is based off of :)

soo lets hear some :D

2. se7en
    the people under the stairs
    child's play (original)
    holloween series

3. i don't know if you would consider them scary, but the number 23, and the fnal destinations
    are some of my favorite movies when high,

4. Eraserhead
    the hills have eyes ( the original black and white )
    Devils rejects
    Beavis and Butthead Do America

5. thats such a scary movie

6. Im watching it right now. I am actually considering starting a beavis and butthead appreciation thread. Greatest show/movie ever.

7. do it do it do it:hello:

8. Its not my favorite but i watched hatchet a few nights a go, found it actually pretty good. it says "Comedy, Horror" noticed a few Comedy acters i'v seen before.

9. The Eye
    Halloween (of course!!)
    Nightmare on Elm Street (no one mentioned this??)
    Audition (if you like international)
    The Shining

10. 28 days later is probably my favorite... cant think of any other good ones since many scary movies suck (plot/screenplay wise)

11. yea i hear ya
    but once in a while, there's one that jut rocks in every way!!

28 weeks later was good too :hello:

12. idk.but when im fucked up the original exorcist freaks the shitnout of me.but ive always liked watching the micheal myers series.thoes are always funny

13. [​IMG]

also a Korean movie called "the phone" that shit is fuckin scaaary

14. Session 9 is one of the creepiest movies I've seen. More of a psychological thriller I guess.

15. Night of the Living Dead
    Dawn of the Dead
    The Wicker Man (original)
    Hellraiser
    Phantasm
    The Tale of Two Sisters
    Alien
    Aliens
    Suspiria
    Don't Look Now
    Nightmare on Elm Street
    Evil Dead
    Evil Dead 2
    Halloween
    The Exorcist
    Rosemary's Baby
    Jacob's Ladder

16. great list
    you know was up!!!

side note to cali
    props on a ghost story i love that

17. I actually don't like scary movies much... not because I am a wuss, but because I hate the state that horror movies are in these days. Are jarring jump cuts, sudden loud noises and things popping up supposed to scare me? ofcourse I am going to jump in my seat a bit when you have utter silence broken by a loud noise cranked up to ten.

But I can definitely respect horror done right. I loved when japanese horror was first being made, with movies like Ringu and Ju-On... Then J-Horror seems to have become a parody of itself these days.

Some other good ones:

Cannibal Holocaust

Nosferatu (oh my god! The atmosphere in that movie is chilling)

The Thing (How could I forget this movie! Classic Carpenter)

Cape Fear (the original. Saw it when I was a kid and had nightmares for weeks about Robert Mitchum)

Near Dark (Vampires done right)

The Blair Witch Project-people can trash on this movie all they want but this movie was an innovation. So many people thought this movie was actually lost footage... you have to respect that. It may not be up to the standards of horror fans these days, seeing as how there is no scary monster or gore, but the atmosphere is so thick in this movie that you can cut it with a knife. And rarely does a final scene affect me as much as this one did. Do yourself a favor, get stoned and watch this one again because you might be surprised at how well it scares you and the sense of dread it creates.

18. I can't believe I forgot The Thing. That's one of my all time favorite movies.

19. #20 SmokinGirly, Sep 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2008
    i agree with you 100% but cannibal holoaust sucked

I really don't like those type of movies ie
    August Underground and movies like this

To me these movies aren't scary, just boring and sick
    but if you haven't seen this, do not

and I LOVED blair witch

the ending scene with the guy standing in the corner....holy shittt
    I'm getting maddd chills just typing about it like maddd chills

It also took a while for me to get into watching international horror but now i freakin love em
    Have you seen Audition? definitely recommended

i wanna watch a scary movie now!! :D