Your' favorite quotes

Discussion in 'General' started by PuffPuffHOLD, May 18, 2010.

1. “If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” -Thoreau

2. When men and woman die, as poets sung, his heart's the last part moves, her last, the tongue. - benjamin franklin

3. I saw this one in IwasA.Smurf's sig and thought it was cool.

"Wildflowers don't care where they grow"
    Dolly Parton

4. "The passion and the flame is ignited, You can't put it out once we light it."

5. "I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to ya'll."
    - Lil Wayne

6. the law speaks too softly to be heard amidst the din of arms

7. “Don't underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering.”

-Winnie the Pooh

8. after laughter comes tears

--wendy rene

9. sounds familiar.. who said that?

"Every dream is designed and broadcasted
    From the masters to the masses
    From the antennas on top of the shrines"

10. #92 dudickle, Jan 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2011
    "If you're giving in, then you're giving up" -Smashing Pumpkins

"Life's a bummer, when you're a hummer" -Smashing Pumpkins

"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do, that defines me" -Batman Begins

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster. And if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you" -Nietzsche

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger" -Nietzsche

"I'm a star, how could I not shine?" -Kanye West

And both quotes in my sig

11. This is worse than the tIme that racoon got into the copying machine

If people sat out and looked at the stars each night I'd bet they'd live
    Differently

I know the worlds
    Unfair but why isn't it ever unfair in my favor

Last two are bill waterson

12. "Society exists only as a mental concept; in the real world there are only individuals."
    - Oscar Wilde

"When there is freedom from mechanical conditioning, there is simplicity. The classical man is just a bundle of routine, ideas and tradition. If you follow the classical pattern, you are understanding the routine, the tradition, the shadow - you are not understanding yourself."
    - Bruce Lee

"Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back."
    - Heraclitus

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
    - Mark Twain

"Fortes fortuna adiuvat."
    Fortune favors the brave.

“You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Gandhi

“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” - Nelson Mandela

“This is the final test of a gentleman: his respect for those who can be of no possible service to him.” - William Lyon Phelps

"You cannot ever hope to pay back the people who helped you when you were starting out, so instead you pay forward, and try to lend a hand to the ones who come up after you."

"What a difference there is between two kinds of actions – an act whose pleasure passes away but its ill consequence remains; and an act whose hardship passes away but its reward stays." - Ali ibn Abi Talib

"Waiting is a sin. Moments are meant to be experienced; waiting is a sin against both the time that is still to come, and against the moments one is currently disregarding."
    Niel Gaiman – Neverwhere

"Good is good even if no one is doing it. Bad is bad even if everyone is doing it."

“Chance favors the prepared mind.”
    amended from the original quote:
    “In the fields of observation chance favors only the prepared mind.”
    - Louis Pasteur

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training." - Archilochus, Greek Soldier, Poet

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.
    Talent will not; nothing is more common than
    unsuccessful people with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
    Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.
    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.
    The slogan “press on” has solved and always will solve
    the problems of the human race."
    – Calvin Coolidge

"The superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions." – Confucius

“In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer.” - Albert Camus

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I figured if I'm goin down, ima get a double cheeseburger first
    - A criminal on Dog the Bounty Hunter

13. "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -Jimi. I'm thinking about getting this tattooed on my foot.

14. This was said by Bill Hicks on a radio show..

"Always that same LSD story, you've all seen it. 'Young man on acid, thought he could fly, jumped out of a building. What a tragedy.' What a dick! Fuck him, he’s an idiot. If he thought he could fly, why didn’t he take off on the ground first? Check it out. You don’t see ducks lined up to catch elevators to fly south—they fly from the ground, ya moron, quit ruining it for everybody. He’s a moron, he’s dead—good, we lost a moron, fuckin’ celebrate. Wow, I just felt the world get lighter. We lost a moron! I don’t mean to sound cold, or cruel, or vicious, but I am, so that’s the way it comes out. Professional help is being sought. How about a positive LSD story? Wouldn't that be news-worthy, just the once? To base your decision on information rather than scare tactics and superstition and lies? I think it would be news-worthy. 'Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves' . . . 'Here's Tom with the weather.'"

15. By the time you get this message, I'll be in the dead zone. It came a little sooner than we thought, but this means you won't be able to send a message back. So, I just wanted to let you know that I don't need the message because I know everything you wanna say. Just remember it takes eight minutes for light to travel from sun to Earth, which means you'll know we succeeded about eight minutes after we deliver the payload. All you have to is look out for a little extra brightness in the sky. So if you wake up one morning and it's a particularly beautiful day, you'll know we made it. Okay, I'm signing out and I'll see you in a couple years.

Only dream I ever have... is it the surface of the sun... Every time I shut my eyes... it's always the same...

16. I am like any other man.
    All I do is supply a demand.-Al Capone*

G.A.M.E. GENERAL AMOUNT OF MONEY EARNED

17. "it's not rape, it's surprise sex"

18. "There are no answers, only choices"