Your' favorite quotes

Discussion in 'General' started by PuffPuffHOLD, May 18, 2010.

1. "you're the best around, nothing's ever going to keep you down" - joe esposito

2. Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    -The Seuss

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities.
    -The Seuss

God does not care about our mathematical difficulties. He integrates empirically.
    -Albert Einstein

A number without units is like a day without sunshine. -Anthony Bonney (my friend)

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck.
    -George Carlin

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion
    -Albert Camus

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
    -Bill Watterson

To be or not to be. That's not really a question.
    -Jean-Luc Godard

Our species needs, and deserves, a citizenry with minds wide awake and a basic understanding of how the world works
    -Carl Sagan

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.
    -Carl Sagan

I am often amazed at how much more capability and enthusiasm for science there is among elementary school youngsters than among college students.
    -Carl Sagan

Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
    -Da Buddha

Be the change you wish to see in the world
    -Gandhi

Peace begins with a smile.
    -Mother Theresa

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. --Albert Einstein

I can't believe that God plays dice with the universe.
    -Albert Einstein

Beauty in things exists in the mind which contemplates them. -Hume

I would rather excel in the knowledge of what is excellent, than in the extent of my power and possessions.
    -Plutarch

What we achieve inwardly will change outer reality.
    -Plutarch

If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite.
    -William Blake

3. Excellent. I just watched The Sandlot the other day.

4. "It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
    - Jiddu Krishnamurti

"An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law."
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."
    - Noam Chomsky

"If you have a particular faith or religion, that is good. But you can survive without it."
    - Dalai Lama

Just a few. Plus my sig.

5. "always be yourself... unless you suck"

can't remember his name...the guy who made toy story :D

6. #26 Do The Dramatic, May 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2010
    "yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose" - lyndon b. johnson

7. "The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride."

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

Hunter S. Thompson

8. Life is like an ocean, you have to fucking drown in it to feel its intensity- George Jung

9. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDxn0Xfqkgw]YouTube - 160 Greatest Arnold Schwarzenegger Quotes[/ame]

10. The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.
    ~ Ken Kesey

Accept the things to which fate binds you, and love the people with whom fate brings you together, but do so with all your heart.
    ~ Marcus Aelius Aurelius

Cherish your visions; cherish your ideals; cherish the music that
    stirs in your heart, the beauty that forms in your mind, the loveliness
    that drapes your purest thoughts, for out of them will grow delightful
    conditions, all heavenly environment; of these if you but remain
    true to them, your world will at last be built.
    ~ James Allen

11. "Try walkin in my shoes I bet ya break ya fucking legs." - Unknown.

"Bitch, eat my dick." - Every male in the world

"I'll bitch slap you back to Bangkok" - Chris Tucker in Rush Hour

"Pass that blunt niqqa." - Lil Wayne (most likely)

12. Tell me if you think this is any good i made it up my self.

Kush in my body smoke in my eyes, i sit here waitin to rise above the sky.

13. #33 DaiLLeSTeL, May 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2010

that quote actually came from the bible, bro. Bob just kinda worded it differently.
    and i remember that quote being on a pack of bob's too. lol

Its not who you are that holds you back, its who you think youre not.

and a quote from me,

"cause im cool like that"

14. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHa_jqxnn4o]YouTube - The Blues Brothers[/ame]

One of the greatest lines from any movie known to man.

15. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoendYt_ZJ0]YouTube - The Hangover - Rainman was a retard[/ame]

16. "They say they understand, but how do I know? Because words are inert. They're just symbols. They're dead. And so much of our experience is intangible. So much of what we perceive cannot be expressed. It's unspeakable. And yet, when we communicate with one another and we feel we have connected and think we're understood we have a feeling of almost spiritual communion. That may be transient, but I think it's what we live for."

--Waking Life

17. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it. - benjamin franklin

18. Listen to what I say, In your life expect some trouble, but when you worry..you make it double don't worry, be happy.. bobby mcferrin

a man who knows something, knows that he knows nothing at all. - erikah badu

19. "The best thing about the internet is that you can quote anything without having proof" - George Washington

20. "When seconds count, the police are minutes away."