Your favorite movies that make you think?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by bakedmario, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Mine:

Waking Life
    Enter The Void
    Matrix 1
    The Truman Show

2. Watch the Matrix trilogy high- it's mind-blowing. I understood everything perfectly.

3. Prime
    Pie(equation)
    12 Monkeys
    Time Crimes
    Memento
    American Psycho
    Waking Life
    A Scanner Darkly
    Donnie Darko
    Inception

4. #4 JetxLife86, Mar 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2011
    American Beauty
    American History X
    Donnie Darko
    Momento
    Fargo
    Reservior Dogs
    Seven
    The Truman Show

All made me analyze my life as a whole and realize that i have it pretty set..it could definitely be a lot wost than portrayed in movies.

5. Into The Wild

127 Hours

6. #7 .AcidTrip., Mar 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2011
    Mr.nobody
    Donnie darko
    PI
    eraserhead
    mullholand dr.
    memento
    unusual suspects
    requiem for a dream
    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
    seven
    Clockwork orange
    pan's labrynth
    oldbuoy
    blue velvet
    american psycho
    12 monkeys
    The medusa touch

the ones in bold are some of my favorite movies, i highly highly suggest you watch and get back to me :D

7. A Clockwork Orange
    Born On the 4th of July
    Cape Fear

8. inland empire

9. gotta be usual suspects

10. Me too. When watch it sober im like WTF :confused::smoke:

11. Synecdoche, New York

I cannot even begin to describe this movie.

And plus, it has a badass poster.

[​IMG]

12. That is badass. Describe the movie? I am always down for a thinker.

13. Meet The Robinsons
    It teaches a lesson to move forward without expecting

14. Angels and Demons, Art of the Devil 2 and Inception are the movies that made me think much. Since the plot of the story is a bit mysterious.

15. Heres the summary:

SPOILERS

Theater director Caden Cotard is mounting a new play. Fresh off of a successful production of Death of a Salesman, he has traded in the suburban blue-hairs and regional theater of Schenectady for the cultured audiences and bright footlights of Broadway.

Armed with a MacArthur grant and determined to create a piece of brutal realism and honesty, something into which he can put his whole self, he gathers an ensemble cast into a warehouse in Manhattan's theater district. He directs them in a celebration of the mundane, instructing each to live out their constructed lives in a small mockup of the city outside.

As the city inside the warehouse grows, Caden's own life veers wildly off the tracks. The shadow of his ex-wife Adele, a celebrated painter who left him years ago for Germany's art scene, sneers at him from every corner. Somewhere in Berlin, his daughter Olive is growing up under the questionable guidance of Adele's friend, Maria. And a mysterious condition is systematically shutting down each of his autonomic functions, one by one.

As the years rapidly pass, Caden buries himself deeper into his masterpiece. Populating the cast and crew with doppelgangers, he steadily blurs the line between the world of the play and that of his own deteriorating reality.

It sounds really shitty, but it's really good. :) :hello:

16. Tron: Legacy :smoke:

It's not exactly well-written (much of the dialogue is rather clumsy), but it introduces many interesting concepts & ideas that are rather intriguing.

17. waking life and into the wild for sure

18. Matrix for me.