your fav song ever and why

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by dr_krapp, Jan 8, 2004.

1. ok cool

mine is i'll be there for you by the rembrants

cos its a song u'll listen to when ur down and it picks u up rather than most songs i listen to when i down just make me worse lol, also its juat an awesome song!

lets see what range of music we can cover lol

2. creed:what's this life for,kinda inspired me to get in to music and play the guitar

3. Janie Jones by The Clash.

It turned me on to not only punk but also classic rock.

4. Illusions by Cypress Hill

I first heard this song I guess around the time the Temples of Boom CD came out. I was on vacation with my cousin and he had it. He told me to listen to it because he thought I would like it. Before this I listened to almost no music whatsoever, but when I heard it I thought it was so great. It has that slo, cerebral kid of beat to it and the lyrics are just so awesome. After that I could never go 10 minutes without listening to music, and to this day I still don't. And Cypress Hill will forever be my favorite band.

5. Anything CCR, or classic rock.

6. Fade to Black by Metallica
    fukking incredible song, ive learnt it(guitar) its sooooo good
    But i like anything by metallica or any other rock and metal bands, I'm into Tenacious D, their pretty kikass

7. Fade to Black is good! And Tenacious D are fabulous! I recently bought their DVD "The Complete Masterworks". It's great, go pick it up! NOW! :)

8. I got a new one, Numb by Linkin Park

i heard it before but the a while i was baked and listened to it, and the lyrics really spoke to me since then i been a differnt person and stand out as myself in a crowd rather than jusy another guy in the group

9. Tonight, Tonight by the Smashing Pumpkins.

I seriously believe without a shadow of a doubt that if I had never heard this song I would not be the person I am today.

10. Really? Wow, that's crazy....

11. i know how you feel, not as strongly as u seem to tho

12. Serenity~Godsmack

awesome tune!....but
    my favorite "Pot" tune is....
    Pot comedy anthem...i think ICP did it not sure tho~ goes to the beat of our National Anthem:

oh say i can't seeee
    where the hell's my visine
    and my eyesight's not to keen
    I hope you're not driving
    who's fat sack and new pipe
    we get fucked up alnight
    and the weed is not stale
    it's ok to inhale
    get the munchies like hell
    then we run to the bell
    hit the bong one more time
    then pass it coz it's mine
    oh say does that weed get me so hiiiiiiiiiiigh
    legalize it today

and get smoked out tonight :D

awesome awesome tune also ;) :smoke:

13. its called head for the barricade.... its by limp bizkit, i love basicley all kinda of music, its just this song pumps me up no matter what!! it says exactley how i feel sometimes, when i sometimes get pissed and feel like im about to break thats just like in the song.. bout to grab the bass and play with them! not that hard but i just got it.. well i gotta go listen to it... peace out

14. Sweet. thats one of my favorite Creed songs. Don't like much of the newer stuff, but i love the old stuff.

My favorite song would have to be Laturalus by Tool. I can't even discribe why I love the song so much. I guess I feel I have something in common with it.

"With my feet upon the ground I move myeslf between the sounds and open wide to suck it in.
    I feel it move across my skin.
    I'm reaching up and reaching out. I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me.
    what ever will bewilder me.
    And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been.
    We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been."

15. Eminem - We as Americans

Its a new song but it shows how powerful words can be...

There's an intruder
    In my house
    He cut my phone-lines
    Can't dial out
    I scream for police
    But I doubt
    They're gonna hear me
    when I shout

Fuck money
    I don't rap for dead presidents
    I'd rather see the president dead
    It's never been said
    But I set precedents in the standards
    And they can't stand it

He has balls to say the shit he does...even if you dont like rap you gotta respect that

17. third world - sense of purpose

i am 100% sure :D

18. Garcia76, did you mean to not post anything to me?

19. my favorite song of all time would have to be The Doors - "riders on the storm". everytime i listen to that song it always seems to make me forget about everything else thats going on, and i i feel like im being one with the music. i dunno. it always seems to help me out, every bad acid trip that ive had i put on this song and it calms me down and turns my trip around. everytime im upset about stupid thigns in life i litsten to it and i feel 100% better

20. Otherside by the chili peppers