Your Drug Policy Opinion

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Raoul Duke II, Oct 22, 2009.

1. #1 Raoul Duke II, Oct 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2009
    Hi, everyone. I'm assuming you are all here because of your opinion of marijuana. However, I find that there is a large discord among the community about the policy of other drugs. So please vote and post your ideas.

I, myself, believe in complete deregulation of all drugs. That inclues abolishing the prescription system and abolition of alcohol and tobacco regulations.

2. People should be able to do whatever they want with their bodies.

3. Agreed. Freedom. Even if it is to choose your own poison. What a crazy concept.

However, it's not a perfect system either, and I believe use of certain drugs in certain ways should be restricted in certain areas. You shouldn't have to deal with exposure to bud or tobacco smoke, for example, if you don't want to. Then again, if they were all deregulated, then you could easily choose other forms of non-invasive consumption, like edibles.

4. Complete freedom...but with that comes complete responsibility. Meaning I won't tolerate you getting high and being high in public. It should still be illegal to smoke and drive. If you're too fucked up to function, you should be at home...and should be arrested. I still want a safe, decent place to live. If I don't know you're doing it...you're OK.

Am I making sense?

5. No doubt, but the problem I have is that there shouldn't be seperate punishments for stupid behaviors done while on drugs. If you do smething, you should be prosecuted for it just like any other person, high or not.

6. Exactly, especially considering that many drugs affect different people in different ways at different doses. Cannabis being a perfect example. Some people are completely incompetent, even dangerous morons while high, while others actually experience significant improvements in job performance, socializing, etc, while high.

7. This.

A hit of LSD for everyone.

oh, and an edible to!

8. #8 TheDankery, Oct 22, 2009
    What? No, you should be left the fuck alone if you're at home and too fucked up. How do you go about arresting people who are too high in their own homes?

All the drugs, all the time. But if a state decides they don't want meth or whatever sold after 10:00 pm on school nights, that's cool.

9. Would that really solve anything? I can't go along with regulation that makes no sense.

10. #10 TheDankery, Oct 22, 2009
    Ehh, probably not. Zero restrictions then, on the meth sales.

It's kind of strange that on GC, most people would probably just want marijuana legalized. As though prohibition is only a failure when it comes to marijuana. Plenty of marijuana smokers I know think heroin or cocaine should be illegal - they don't apply the reasons that marijuana prohibition has failed to other prohibited drug, for whatever reason.

I think that in the politics board, we'd mostly want all drugs legalized. I'd be surprised if the results show otherwise.

11. This.

12. #12 CREAM, Oct 22, 2009
    You raise a valid point...but there's one problem: by most accounts, cannabis is far more benign than any other illegal, let alone legal substance out there. That discrepancy alone is part of it.

To be honest, I think we need to change the war on drugs, and change our policy on every drug...but i'm not convinced that just selling any substance under the sun at a 7-11 is going to solve anything. I'm sorry, but I do not trust most humans with coke, heroin, etc. Sure, there's a rational contingent that knows how to control their hard drug use, but there are too many idiots that would tax our society by acting like well, a bunch of fucking idiots.

IMO, the more dangerous it is, the more tightly regulated (not illegal) it should be, and that goes for alcohol, caffeine, tobacco, etc.

13. Anyone who didnt choose option six..
    GET THE FUCK OUT, this is america,
    Land of the f.......
    Fascist
    How can a plant that grows from the ground be illegal?
    and a toxic solvent that kills thousands a year be easy to obtain at the corner of every block in some citys,
    not to mention cigarettes,
    if people want to kill themselves by consuming substances its their buisness and it is constitutionaly ILLEGAL to say we do not have the right to consume what we choose to, and how can suicide be illegal? thats rediculous in my oppinion,
    Lets destroy the black market and legalize drugs!!!!

14. Boom shackalaka

15. Do you realize how ironic that sounded? You realize that your non-acceptance of others opinions, regardless of the forum (yea we are all stoners) is what makes America the land of the fascist these days?

I hate prohibition as much as the next person, but if someone doesn't...that's just like, their opinion, man.

16. Ummm....

Similarly, he's just as entitled to his opinion that others should get the fuck out...

(Which by the way is quite different from saying "Our government should force you guys out")

Having an opinion and acting on it are two completely different things.

Just as people are entitled to their opinion that drugs are bad mmkay, but acting on it is what makes America the land of the fascist these days.

This confusion about what freedom, rights, and liberty are is exactly what allows for the destruction of freedom, rights, and liberty.

17. I chose other. I think weed should be legal (obviously) but I think hard drugs should have some kind of heavy restrictions on them, but if someone wants to heavily harmt themselves with hard drugs we shouldnt make that impossible, just hard. No restrictions though as certain drugs can be harmful not to just the user but to others. I can think of two off the top of my head, alcohol (of course, especially with drinking and driving but also with the fights and shit it causes) and also with the shit that can go on with PCP. I guess second hand tobacco smoke would be another example. Thats all I can think of now as other drugs harming people, though Im sure there are others.

18. drugs are bad, mmmmmmmkkkkay

19. Did you really choose that option, it just went up to one, was it you? Just trying to be funny or somethign?

20. :smoking:

cmon its a weed forum of course drugs are good

mmmmmmmmmkkkkaaay