your best breeder

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Laucass83, Aug 18, 2021.

1. how did you get in touch?
    where at?

2. Northern Rockies....
    not really it’s climate lol!

3. There’s true landrace genetics out there. I think they are disappearing though. I really wanted to try a Lebanese for hash production and I still might now that things have changed. In a commercial setting those landrace genetics pose a serious risk to the entire operation. It would be awfully difficult to inspect each and every plant for hermaphroditism on an almost daily basis. I would want them isolated, w plenty of space to inspect, and I wouldn’t want to deal with large plants.

Bodhi
    Nerds
    In House Genetics

• Like Like x 5
  4. Now I know u are very weed wise. I have heard that most landrace strains are weak in thc?? What are the pros and cons of LRs

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. I've grown a lot of Nirvana seed but in my experience the seed is sometimes old and damps off. And once I grew 8 of their Blue Mystic and it all went into the compost, as non-psychoactive. I've got one of their Super Skunk finishing and it looks terrific.

6. Only thing I liked from them was there black jack. But I was growing with fox crap in those days.

7. Not necessarily weak, I don't agree with that. Nigerian Sativa is headbanging gear. And I crossed Nirvana's Black Domina with Mexican Acapulco Gold 20 years ago and I'm still improving it. I've now got F3s of the hybrid. This year I went back to the F1s still in the refri and planted 24. The results were amusing: after eliminating the males I had 11 left of which, one looks like the original A. Gold Sativa, five looked like Dominas, and five looked like hybrids. I can hardly wait to try the Gold, but it has been flowering for six or seven weeks and looks like it's going to carry on for six or seven more, at least. I am already smoking the hybrid, I love it.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Cool good to hear. I guess I'm just happy with bohdi. All I get is high once in awhile LOL but I don't get the sativa and indica effects so it's all about taste and how strong is it to me. But if we is not real strong that's okay if it taste good cuz I smoke it like tobacco

• Like Like x 3
  9. But I will say that some of these new feminized seeds are pretty good. But I really like some of the boat eye strains have grown really close to boutique flowers as they say in the cigar business

• Like Like x 1
  10. I grew a ton of Nirvana back in the day. I really liked the Black Jack too. Master Kush was good, so was their bubblicious.
    @MrMota , I also had a blue mystic that was total garbage. Still have those seeds ...

• Like Like x 1
  11. I grew their white widow once

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I have no experience growing pure landraces. From my reading most landraces will test lower in THCa.

So what?

I think it’s an awful way to judge cannabis.
    I’m all about the taste and flavor. Especially if it pairs w hash well.

I think the land races strongest points are breeding and outdoor growing. We can pick strains that grew in similar climates as our own that will be well-adapted. For me that’s a strain that will flower quickly due to a short season, that can handle cool nights and the high UV from elevation.

If you were to take a land race from let’s say a mountain grown Afghani and bring it to Florida for a few generations choosing only the plants that did well or even open pollination the process of diluting the gene pool is now underway. The cool season traits will disappear.

Pest and disease resistance is higher among land races too. The potential for hermaphroditism especially when brought indoors and the generally lower THCa levels are the biggest drawbacks I’m aware of. The chance of finding something really cool and unique makes it like a treasure hunt.
    RD

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yes I do agree with that. Some of my best outdoor strains have been like from the mountains of Columbia. Another one was from rio de Janeiro. Like I said I smoke weed like others smoke cigs. So I do live different tastes

• Like Like x 1
  15. Humboldt seeds co All gaz OG. Anybody can share some experience with the breeder (Humboldt seeds co.) or the strain it would be great!

I grew Humboldt Seed Co's Pistachio; fregin amazing terpenes!, kept a purpler pheno to clone... Super vigorous growth in veg, lotta stretch in flower. But yea the terpenes are amazing... I'm trying Ethos this next run

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1