Your 2 cents on my set up please.

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by phil_the_geologist, Oct 22, 2015.

1. I'm a 1st time grower and want to know if I have the proper set up. I have built (bought all the stuff anyway) a hidden room in my basement, it is 3 x 11 x 8' ceiling (352cubic feet). The room is lined with poly tarp. I have a grow box that is 2x2x6 painted flat white with a mold killing primer. The top of the box is open. I am planning on getting 250 watt mh/hps setup that will be on pulleys so I can keep it about 12-18" above my crop. Above this but outside of the box will be a can 33 filter with the matching fan. The filter fan combo will exchange the air in the room every 2.5 min. This clean air will blow out to under my deck. I do have a forced air duct going into the room to help control heat as it is in the 60's in my basement in the winter (Canada). I can not have smell in the house or outside as my wife would kill me. To help insure that there is no smell I am planning on having a box of ona half way along my exaust tube. I am planning on growing 2-4 plants in my box. I am hopeing to add mylar or at least foil wrapping paper and maybe some side lights, cfl of long bulbs. I can post my plans tomorrow but please tell me what you think. I am open to all ideas. I am trying to do this on the cheap for now and if this 1st grow goes well I will upgrade some of my short cuts. One last short cut I am not taking is with the power. I am planning on adding a 15amp breaker and running clean lines to the room.

2. Sounds decent, get them beans in the dirt:)

3. sounds pretty good dude