Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Young professional woman

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by gray81, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Don't laugh but I went down to the head shop and sat in the parking lot but I chickened out and left. I actually might go back tomorrow because now that I have a supply I need a pipe. Before I just had a little I got as a gift from my mom's friend (yeah my mom smokes) and I was doing the whole old school apple pipe thing.

2. I will for sure... also got a friend I'm gonna visit in WA and he's gonna dab me out I am SUPER excited. 

3. Yeah, I hear ya girl.  Like I am not a housewife but all I freaking do is work and I just want something more to life then working and going home and working out at times.  This guy sent me this thing... if it looks legit after I read it I'll forward it to you.

4. What if you go to some kind of hood and ask? I'm a college student so for me is as easy as saying the word weed but maybe you can go to your nearest college and just ask anyone, one more thing you can do is wait for 4/20/14

5. Girl if you lived in my town we'd go together. Haha!

6. Yeah we have a couple of big colleges here but I am never on campus... I just look too straight laced LOL

7. just did dabs this weekend.... say high for marvin the martian for me!

8. lucky lucky you!

9. I think we would get along just fine :)

10. Damn, dabs for your first time? Your gonna be high for 2 days!

11. I'll plan around it, no worries.  :lol:

12. I'm such a lightweight I think Dabs would totally incapacitate me. I am, however, enjoying this stuff I bought yesterday. My guy wasn't lying when he said it was high grade.

13. Mention in conversation with peopel that you saw the sangay gupta documentary on tv and see how they respond..  (actually watch it so you dont look like a fool tho if they ask or if they did too)  and then you can gauge how they feel towards it.   People who smoke will almost always jump on the chance to say something good about weed andmaybe even just admit to smoking it right off the bat. Ud be surprised lol

14. My suggestion? Don't do it in any particularly "heavy" form the first time, and just do a little (like a single puff), and ease into it. 

You might want to go easy on anything really "strong" for your first time ever, and also, be in a space where you already feel comfortable and safe.

Also, you may feel paranoid the first few times because pot can amplify your feelings and it's natural to be nervous about doing something new (especially if you are not doing it legally, or if you are worried about side effects/negative repercussions).

I felt really, really paranoid my first two times and what was I obsessing over? "OMG, I'm smoking weed." And as a new medical mj patient (and still a *relative* pot novice; I've smoked recreationally but VERY infrequently over the years) I just tried edibles for the first time and found it EXTREMELY unpleasant. 

Once you have experience, if you take too much you will be able to reason, "okay, I just took too much and I'm going to feel better in a few hours", where as a novice, it's really easy to freak out and feel like you're going to die or be high forever. You will not die, but it's possible to feel very physically or mentally uncomfortable from feeling too "high".

Especially when you haven't spent time around people who have done much mj and don't know what to expect.

15. Yeah, truth be told I am a lightweight too.... literally... so I will prob not do that right off the bat.  Congrats on getting the good stuff. :)

16. Thank you for posting... I definitely want to avoid the paranoia and things like that.  I will be careful because I don't want to have a bad experience at all.

17. Any music festivals in your area? or any events that would attract an "alternative" crowd? If you don't want to randomly ask people to find out if they smoke, just go to a concert, festival etc. and try to see someone smoking, since its relatively commonplace.

18. Well, I have officially smoked weed.  But it was neutral.  Barely got high.  It was reggie so it burnt the back of my throat.  LOL!  I coughed a LOT.  But anyway, I am sort of dating this dude now who said he would get me some better quality next time.  :)  The suggestion that worked?  Go to a bar and tell someone I want to smoke weed :D

19. @[member="gray81"] AWESOME! Congrat! First time for me was just like that, I don't remember getting high on my first time even when the weed was good!

20. Woot! Good for you! It took me a few times before I started to enjoy it so keep tokin:).