Young Pot Smokers More Likely To Try Hallucinogens

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Superjoint, Apr 24, 2002.

1. I guess it depends where you are, because in the smallish college town near the BC border where I live the number of hard drug dealers is pretty small but everybody and their grandmother sells weed.

2. I'm not surprised in this. I'm pretty sure this is common sense if anyone actually thinks about it. Kids that smoke weed are definitely more likely do drop acid or do x. It's all centered on who they hangout with, actually. If a kid smoked weed.. chances are most of his/her friends do too. Which would lead on to something like "Dude, my brother smoked salvia and he said it was NUTS. He saw..." so on and so forth. Kind of thought provoking for them I would think.

another point.. I don't think straight edge kids would just out of the blue want to do hallucinogens. Kids that don't smoke weed have probably never even heard that word.

3. I think you need to realize that marijuana IS a hallucinogen.

4. I had definite visual distortions when I first started smoking. I get them if I quit for a while and smoke a small j to myself.

so weed is KIND OF a hallucenagen. Is that because there are various mind altering chemicals in marijuana thc thcv cbd cbn, etc. some of these chemicals are hallucenagens, some depressants, or something?

5. yea pot visuals are nice..but they aren't as strong as LSD, mushrooms, dxm and such

I wouldn't doubt this theory because my experiences with pot somewhat made me interested in other psychedelics

6. this study was a waste of money.
    Fucking pointless information and conclusions.
    of course some people smoking weed will try other drugs. . .
    if they like the numbing effect of weed theyll move to heroin and painkillers.
    if they like the psychedelic aspect then theyll decide to go on some trips.
    if they like to party/socialize theyll do coke and maybe crack.
    if they have a dealer giving them access to other drugs theyll try them.

besides people are INDIVIDUALS who make choices based on social interaction and beliefs.

EXAMPLE: im having a hamburger at a place that sells pizza and hamburgers, then my friend decides to buy a pizza. I have never tryed pizza so I decide to get a slice. . . and pizza is bomb so im going to eat more pizza, maybe more often than hamburgers.

in conclusion this is just totally useless information thats only purpose is to fuel propaganda. on reading this i gained no insights... theres nothing new or interesting here or in any of these gay studies.

7. i really wish someone would present me with the opportunity to use hallucinogens.
    kids are so lucky.

8. FUCK the GOVERNMENT