Young Plants - Yellow Leaves - Appreciate Input

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Corkwheats, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Hi Guys,

My plants are looking pretty good, and growing well. However, I'm seeing yellow tips on the leaves.
    These guys were planted/sprouted (approx.) 1 month ago.
    I have a general idea what the issue may be, but wanted to axe some of you Pros (I'm a first time grower).
    I've attached a couple pictures, and would like feed back.
    I'm working on an organic grow - I have "super soil" brewing in large pots.
    I an very experienced in organic growing, soil life, etc., with things here on the farm
    But, this is my first ever cannabis grow.
    The things I "think" I've been doing wrong are:
    1.Light too close
    2. Over-watering

Let me know what ya think.
    Oh, they are in 4" pots with Happy Frog and are currently under T5 florescent lights.

Thanks!

Yellow Leaves 2.jpg

Yellow Leaves 2.jpg Yellow Leaves 1.jpg

2. PH

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks.
    I'll check it out, and make necessary changes.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks. I moved the light up quite a bit.

5. Have you considered nute burn? Ph should be the first thing to check

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks. I'm not really giving them nutes at this point. I'm setting them up for a grow in some home brewed organic super soil. With these, I took some Happy Frog, mixed it up with a tiny bit of azomite & kelp, and put that mix in the bottom 1" of the 4" pots - then, filled up the rest with just Happy Frog.

I'm really leaning towards "light burn". The worst looking plant I have (not pictured) is the tallest one.
    Basically, at this point in growth, how high above the plants should the light be?

7. flush with ph adjusted water till the run off is tween 6.5 and 7.0
    light is not the problem with t5's

• Like Like x 1
  8. If in soil do a slurry test. Take a large shot glass of soil. Dig down a little. Than put that into a Tupperware small container. Than put the equal amount of distilled water. Stir for 1 minute and than stick ur ph meter than ur ppm meter. This will show u what's going on! So if ppms are over 400 u just need water and microbes if u use them. Under 400 ppm feed

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app