Young plants with nutrient burns?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SuperbadB, Mar 16, 2012.

1. #1 SuperbadB, Mar 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2012
    Hi GC,

I am dealing with or rather just watching my 11 day old THC Snow seedlings deal with what I think is nutrient burn. I have a grow log going with a link in my signature that has most of the background issues described. The brief rundown is: seedlings planted direct into 4/4/2 mix of FFOF, sphagnum moss, perlite on 3/5.Soil sample pH was 5.80 on the 13th after letting it soak overnight in distilled water with a pH of 6.25. The burn marks showed up after watering 1cup per plant of tap water and Prime Enhancer pH'd to 6.55 TDS 245, up frombase of plain tap 200 on the 12th. I haven’t provided any food to the plants,just letting FFOF carry them. The older leaves with burn marks are not getting any worse, but my new leaf tips are showing signs for the past two/three days.The new leaf tip burn marks also don’t seem to be getting any worse. I did another soil sample from 1/2 way down my pots on the 14th. I soaked it thistime in my regular tap water pH'd to 6.55 and it came back as 6.48.

Please take a look and let me know if I need to jump on a transplant into new soil mix. Maybe Light Warrior?

I cant upload pic already posted, so please visit my grow log for better ones.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

• 009.JPG
      009.JPG
      File size:
      1.4 MB
      Views:
  2. Hiya Superbad,

stop adding bottled nutrients immidiately. do not transplant this will make thinds worse wait until the plant has grown out of this. stop prodding int he soil with meters don't mess with it. topdress with a half cup of vermicompost and 1 tablespoon kelp meal. if this doesn't fix your problem and return your plant to health, and you haven't over watered or added other bottled nutrients or "growth enhancers" i will Shut my GC account down.

sincerely

broseph