YOU WANT HIM - Ron Paul on Cover of Military Magazine

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CannabisInCanada, Sep 26, 2011.

1. [​IMG]

The article speaks for itself!

2. Nope I don't what him. Isolationism is no going to help this country one bit. Yes, the troops need to come home and many over seas bases need to be closed, but Paul's ideas on too many issues would just make things worse.

3. Actually focusing on the budget would make things worse?!?!?:p

4. He doesn't promote isolationism.

He promotes non-interventionism which is a strong national defense. No undeclared wars, no wars of aggression, no nation building, no policing the world, etc. Our last declaration of war was WWII yet we are currently committing acts of war on 8 countries. Dr. Paul promotes a constitutional and conservative foreign policy. What we are following now is a big government Wilsonian foreign policy that really only benefits corporations affiliated with the Military Industrial Complex.

Besides, we can't afford to do it any longer if we are borrowing 43 cents out of every dollar we are spending.

I'd say what we are doing currently isn't helping our country one bit...

5. Vagueness is your enemy. Be specific please or I can't really take you seriously. Just saying his ideas are bad doesn't really help the cause of your ideas right?

Are you a veteran? What are your views?

6. Unfortunatly what he is proposing would ruin our economy, the military industrial complex would almost collapse causing thousands too lose jobs and stocks would probably plunge. I say bring it though, its something that needs to be done.

7. shits going to hit the fan anyways

8. Bringing our troops home and letting them spend their money here, and no further bailouts would be bad for us why :confused:

9. We have way more than thousands of Americans today who are unemployed. I think if RP is elected, the ONE thing we could count on him to do is help our economy. That also happens to be the one main issue I think our next POTUS has to bank his career on.

10. War ruins economies, not peace. You have that backwards.

We don't want jobs just so for the sake of having jobs. That doesn't improve an economy at all. We need productive jobs that raise the standard of living and create competition among companies. Making goods for war does not accomplish that. Tanks, bullets, etc take resources from the economy, then they are shipped to the war zone and used up, much of it is simply destroyed. All destroyed war time goods represent an overall loss of wealth, a drop in our limited resource pool. All of the lost, unproductive war time jobs will simply free up capital and labor that can be used for much more productive jobs that will provide true growth to our economy.

War is not good for the economy, and Ron Paul knows this. Ron Paul will only do good (100 times more good than any other candidate could dream of doing) for our economy, period. Any argument that says that Ron Paul will somehow hurt our economy comes from a position of total ignorance.

11. #11 dubaba, Sep 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2011
    Because our economy is dependent upon war...
    http://www.commondreams.org/views04/0106-12.htm

Military industries have spread out factories and other places of employment throughout the country, so that almost everywhere it is unpopular to stop military spending because it would mean a loss in jobs in every state and most counties.

12. #12 xmaspoo, Sep 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2011
    What we have now isn't sustainable, our economy is proving that on a daily basis. You can't build a successful economy on bubbles and borrowed money. Here's a good vid explaining the financial crisis we have today, 7 mins in it gets really informative.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6FNYvC4uyM]Overdose - The Next Financial Crisis 1/3 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Jlt9lHVS8E[/ame]

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=_17ck3Vti8A[/ame]

13. Even if we didn't have to borrow for our wars (which we do though) it still isn't good for our economy. War is never good.

It's a fallacious Keynesian argument to say it is.

14. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s_IUwwGq-A]Ron Paul: What If? (speech on House floor 2/12/09) - YouTube[/ame]

At 1 min 20 second mark.

"What if war and military spending is always destructive to the economy.

What if all wartime spending is paid for through the deceitful and evil process of inflating and borrowing."

From one of the greatest speeches ever given in Congress. I would say that there is likely not a single person on the planet who is better informed or more knowledgeable than Ron Paul on economic issues and how to bring America back to being a prosperous nation again.

15. Stopped reading there.

16. I agree...

Im not saying ron paul shouldnt end our imperialistic policies. I am saying that if he does our economy will suffer because of it, a lot of people will lose jobs and he will be blamed for that.

17. Losing those jobs are a help to our economy, not a hindrance. Why don't you rebut my earlier post if you think it's a bad thing.

The taste of medicine is often bad, but the fact that you are taking the medicine is a GOOD thing.

18. How about making your own argument instead of posting ron paul video after ron paul video im not going to watch that. I am not too interested in capitalist economics.

It may be good for our economy in the long run, but when all those jobs are being lost people will be calling for ron pauls head.

19. War ruins economies, not peace. You have that backwards.

We don't want jobs just so for the sake of having jobs. That doesn't improve an economy at all. We need productive jobs that raise the standard of living and create competition among companies. Making goods for war does not accomplish that. Tanks, bullets, etc take resources from the economy, then they are shipped to the war zone and used up, much of it is simply destroyed. All destroyed war time goods represent an overall loss of wealth, a drop in our limited resource pool. All of the lost, unproductive war time jobs will simply free up capital and labor that can be used for much more productive jobs that will provide true growth to our economy.

^^^

That is what I posted before I posted any videos. How about you read instead of saying all I did was post videos. If you can't rebut any of that, then stop saying it will be "bad" for our economy.

There aren't too many fallacies that really irritate me very much, but the whole "war is good for the economy" thing is definitely one of those issues. I can't stand it. It promotes war all over the world while trying to claim some kind of economic benefit at the expense of human life. It's one of the few issues that I won't let people off the hook for, because it's has enormous impact on world policies.

20. Non-intervention =/= Isolationism

Cultural exchange, negotiations, free trade =/= Isolationism

Mercilessly carpet bombing those who you disagree with, and placing sanctions on others, while refusing to negotiate = Isolationism

I hope that clarifies matters for you :)

Now, I think you have a lot of explaining to do, unless you were aiming for a 'hit and run' post.