You think you have freedom...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by FreeMJ, Dec 26, 2008.

1. I'm sure this has been brought up in various threads, but we need to look at the source of the problem.

This is our fault.

We allowed for the government to take over our lives. They can control every aspect of it. We have no freedom.

How can the US draft men, who can't even drink alcohol legally, give them a gun and tell them to kill another human being against their will. And throw them in jail and/or fine them a ridiculous amount of money. I am never going to fight in a war against my will. If that day comes, all of us should stand up and fight for what we will believe in.

The police have gotten out of control. They think they have more power than they really do. Yes, we do need police. Otherwise things would get out of hand. But we don't need thousands of police officers harassing tens of thousands of normal people in every state. Notice how a police officer looks at you and how he talks. Notice the degrading tone they have.

Every human being should be allowed to do as they wish as long as it does not infringe on other people's lives.

Back in the day everyone knew where they stood. We need to go back to the way things were. Less government interference is the key. Every single one of us needs to stand up when the time comes.

2. Might I ask how you know every police officer has a degrading tone?

3. Every police officer i have ever run into (lots) have been completley disrespectful and they act like i have no rights! so fuck the police and fuck the us gov!

4. Just like everything in life, there are anomalies.

Yes there are police officers who are respectful and know where they stand.

But, unfortunately most of them are disrespectful.

My cousin is a cop. And so is one of my really good freinds. They both do not deny it. Many cops abuse their power.

5. Sorry, I am in a bad mood today. ;)

Yep, a lot of cops are power-abusing asses, a lot aren't, and a lot are in the middle.

6. #6 FreeMJ, Dec 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2008
    It's cool Gloom. But when the time comes to really change how the US and the rest of the world works, I hope your on the same boat as me.

We don't want to make the same mistake thrice.

Edit: I just read you thread on the riots in Greece. Those "officers" stepped over the line. We never hear about it because they don't want us to. Btw, there are many wars and many riots going on all over the world every day. People are tired of this. Soon, Americans will be too...

7. True freedom at the expense of the rights I am given of protection of my rights should be just as important, because if there were no police I this would be a lawless land where my rights would be taken away by lawless desperado's looking to make a quick buck. If you look at early America out west where you had large stretches of land with no police, train cars were being robbed and general mayhem throughout.

8. Dude, I already said we need police. Read the whole thing.. They just need to know where their boundaries are.

9. Yes, cops abuse their power, but you should know that when you become an adult cops treat you differently. ;)

10. Yeah but you also had Clint Eastwood riding around kicking their asses. :D

This is too true. Cops treat most adults like they should treat everyone, and usually abuse kids cause most are ignorant about what to do in those situations.

11. That's not true at all!

Where I work, I talk to a lot of people and have heard countless stories from many people about how a cop was an ass. Lawyers, doctors, moms, you name it. Everyone seems to agree that cops lack respect.

Why would you make the assumption that I am not an adult?

It is true that some kids are dumb and don't know how to act with a cop. But there are also 45 year old men who do much worse.

Age doesn't have to do with it. A lot of cops are pricks to everyone. There are those few that are not. What determines the outcome of an encounter with a cop is the person's intelligence.

Now if cops were trained to have respect for the people that pay their salaries, I'm sure we can all agree that cops are are good. After all aren't they supposed to be there to serve and protect.

12. What is "lack of respect" to you?

We may have very different defintions of that phrase.

Every police officer I have ever met, and I have had my share of pullovers has treated me the way I should had been treated.

There job is to enforce the laws set infront of them, they did not write the laws or do they have a say in whether they should enforce 1 or another. Of course they are going to get a bad rap.

If a police officer treats you badly, write down his badge number and ask to speak to his chief, they will butter up for you quickly unless you actually broke the law and if so you should be taken care of accordingly.

Look at medical marijuana for example, you might find it a lack of respect that because a state law was passes that now it is ok consume it, but technically medical marijuana is still illegal federally.

Police are in there full right to cut up your cannibus club cards and shut down the clubs, but do you see them doing these things in rapid succession. No because they have a general respect for there own state laws and are feeling the need to turn the other cheek to the federal law.

13. I think that's a very bold statement (lol u c wat I did thar?). Seriously, though, other than the consumption of certain substances (drugs) at the moment I can't think of any freedom I lack. Perhaps under government law I might not be free to say, murder someone, but frankly, I really don't want other people to have the right to murder so I'm cool with it.

What is it that you feel that you are denied by our government? What freedom do you lack (other than the aforementioned drug thing)? I mean, look at China: free speech barely exists there. We can bash the president and the government all we want as long as we don't actually threaten to kill someone. I'd say we've got it pretty good.

14. #14 IGOTJOINTS4YA, Dec 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2008
    Police are people too.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkV3bkadzRc"]YouTube - DETROIT POLICE CAUGHT ON TAPE BREAKIN IT DOWN[/ame]

Are most people disrespectful to you as police, because I don't feel this way.

15. OK, I didn´t assume you were a kid, I just said most of the time cops treat adults better than kids. I know because I once got pulled over for the same thing as my dad (on different dates) and I got it worse, no discount on the ticket. Notice I never generalized, just said most of the time. I´ve also had to talk to a cop stoned out of my mind and not had a problem whatsoever.

And you must also understand that I am talking from a country with a respectable police force that doesn´t abuse their power at all compared to the states. Cops here are still "Peace keepers" and not "law enforcement". Google "Carabineros de Chile" and see for yourself.

16. huh?

and what is the point of this thread, im kinda lost at this point