You think this will be done by first frost (PICS)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by KeYz, Sep 12, 2009.

1. I have 10 plants going right now outside. They vary in size and development. Around 3 of them appear to have just started to bud. I don't think they will be done in time, but the other 7 might have a chance. They are Early Misty, or so I thought, they are not close to done.

I figure I have a month left, and they have been budding for a month or so. I was interested in any feedback from my pics, I am curious how large and developed they will be before I am forced to harvest due to frost (Oct 20th), any estimates on yield would be nice too.

Here are some pics in no order, I can't even tell which pictures are from which plants.

Attached Files:

2. when is your first frost how long have they ben budding? And next time try dutch pashion pashion 1 it is dun by sept 4-9 every time and great smole tuff as nails two try to veg it 2 months befor it goes out doors others on this site are having a hard time to with this early misty .Good luck

3. They have been budding for around a month and have abut another month until first frost (Oct. 20th).

I think the seed bank was the issue, I want to get from a well known one next time. Dutch passion sounds good, that and Hollands Hope might be in the running for next year.

4. From what I can see they haven't started to drop leaves so you're a good 4-6 weeks out. It'll be close but I'd rig some cover if frost is immanent and hold out for trich color before just ripping them out.

5. when the start droping leaves bad how long?

6. I have found Early Misty to be far from early but it is tough and will survive a few frosts. Here in Atlantic Canada very few plants finish before the first frosts and we don't worry too much about it.

7. For me with indica when all leaves not servicing the flowering colas are gone, 3-4 weeks.

8. That's why as an organic seed user I prefer local strains adjusted to the immediate environment. A friend in the Montreal area tells me you're currently enjoying perfect weather.

9. Yes, after a cool, wet and generally shitty spring and early summer we are having the best weather I have ever seen for this time of year, sunny and very warm for the last few weeks. Usually this time of year here is very wet but now we are having the weather we didn't get in July and early August

10. I tried to get a strain that was able to handle my climate, the plants have endured a lot so far.

After a little more research, I discovered that Cornell University did a study for the first frost in my state, and it appears I have until the first week of November. That is a relief considering how much time this babies still need.

The plants in the pictures give a good idea of what I have, although I have a total of 10 plants. My goal is 4 oz dried in total, I think I am on track.