You think this is worth something?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Retroxity, Aug 13, 2012.

1. I got all these old postage stamps a lot of them from the 60 and way back and some mail it's like a collectors booklet I've had for a long time u think I can get money for it?

Here are just some of the picture there is hella lot more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Did you put this collection together, or somebody else? I'd hang on to them, they'll only increase in value over time.

3. You can get them appraised or given an idea of what they're worth by any real collector.
    If you sell you'll spend the money.
    By saving them they will increase in value over time as already mentioned.
    Like a savings account.
    Cheers:D

4. honestly I'm not sure its worth a lot in general, but to the right collector you could make some cash. I'd hold onto them, unless you need the money. I could be wrong, most likely am, but those president ones in the first pic are probly worth the most, they look like a special release type thing not to mention things like that usually end up worth a nice little chunk of change.

5. bring it in to pawn stars, when they tell you it's worth 10000, say you want 10000, when he offers 3000, walk out....you learned how much it was worth

6. Are those stamps unused or are they stuck to the paper?

I know nothing about stamp collecting, but I think they would be worth more as free moving unused stamps.

7. #7 garrison68, Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2012
    Those "First Day of Issue" stamps, on postcards from the 1930's, look like they'd be worth something - but a lot of people used to be into stamp collecting so it depends on how common they actually are. What you have there must be worth at least a few hundred bucks, but maybe more if there's rare ones included. For those not familiar with stamp albums, the ones on the top, such as "Transportation Series", the majority with the black backgrounds contain unused stamps in plastic holders, while those few without them are just illustrations.

8. United States Stamp Values - 1936-1937 Commemorative Issues - Includes the Army-Navy Series

Looks like the 1937 one is worth less than a dollar.

The Kansas Statehood ones with the sunflower, $0.20 used.

United States Stamp Values

Looking through that site, I found very few stamps that were even worth more than a dollar. None over $5. Granted I didn't look through the whole site.

I guess your best bet is to look all the stamps up individually and hope you've got a really special one in there. :confused_2:

9. That's pretty cool, I have always thought stuff like this was cool. I like collecting things I guess, and its neat to see old things that were never meant to last, last.

I have a shit ton of post-cards from pre Spanish American War on through WWII and various sights in Europe from 1895-1960, if you wanna like, make it a set ;)

10. something like a birrion dorrars

11. I'm going to take it to a pawn shop see there offer because I need the money there really neat tho I got a whole bunch of them all collections Unused stamps I like it a lot tho it's like a wall through history. Here are some more pics and I got envelopes from 1960 with a invite to automotive engineering.

Attached Files:

12. looks like you got a lot of weed in there, play your cards right.

13. Got that too hopefully I can get some money for it I will miss it tho but I need the $

Attached Files:

14. Il let you guys know today of I sell it and how much I got.

15. It only takes one really rare stamp to make it worth while. Like others have said though, I would hold onto it unless you're in dire need of money.

16. Please just tell me you need money for food and bills, and are not trying to convert these stamps into weed.