Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

You think I can start smoking again???

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by byebyebluesky, Aug 6, 2009.

1. So here's the deal. Sorry if it's a little long...

I've been smoking for a few years, and the past year and a half smoking everyday, pretty much all day. I have always have anxiety with panic disorder but it has always been manageable and mild, the pot actually helped me a lot. I started this new birthcontrol last november and within a week I began having panic attacks that lasted 2-4 hours with severe shaking. I learned that people have reported the BC caused a severe chemical sensitivity. Basically really fucks you up.
    Anyway I quit the BC because it made my anxiety unbearable and I could barely function and couldn't even go to the store. During this time I also quit smoking because all it did was make it worse and prolong the panick, or induced it.
    I tried smoking again in April and out of 10 times I only panicked once for 30 minutes. I haven't smoked since but I did eat a pot cookie on 420 and had a panick attack so bad I was incoherent and a friend had to take care of me, the xanax I'm perscribed didn't even help (it usually does, and if I take one before smoking i'm fine) I basically couldn't talk much, couldn't process anything anyone was saying to me, and was trembliing from head to toe and I blacked out the last hour. I just remember waking up on the couch alone.
    Things have gotten worse and my doctor started me on Zoloft and I'm now up to 50 mg. I feel great, and have nearly zero anxiety. I don't even have to take my xanax anymore.

I really want to smoke again. I can't even be around other people smoking with out getting pissed or sad that I can't participate. My boyfriend smokes constantly and he's probably more sad then I am that I can't join him anymore.
    I don't know how the weed will react to the zoloft. I don't know if the zoloft will act as a preventative like the xanax did.

I guess I should also mention that the Panick attacks I have are almost 100% physical. I know the fear is irrational, and Im not paranoid ever. I just get the intense physical aspects with the "feeling of doom" and most of the time I just sit there and think "this f'n sucks, theres no reason for this to be happening!"

any suggestions or feedback would be great, thanks!

2. I'd say go for it. Just try it when you're with your boyfriend or friends so if you do panic they can take care of you.

If you are too worried to do that (never hurts to be careful), then maybe try asking your doctor?

Hope you can start tokin' again:smoking:

3. I asked my mom about talking to my doctor about it(she's a drug counselor) and she said to never ever mention it. I'm in Florida right now finishing school and theres a no tollerance for marijuana down here. I'm not really sure where the doctors stand :(

4. Damn.. That's kind of messed up you can't even talk to your own doctor about it.

But like I said, I'd either try with friends or wait for a more scientific response:rolleyes:

5. #5 WEEirDo, Aug 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2009
    Id just try getting really baked and watch a movie to distract your mind.

There was actually a post on GC about this:

http://forum.grasscity.com/recreational-marijuana-use/120348-marijuana-zoloft.html

Also, take a look here: marijuana reacts with Zoloft >> Medical Questions, Weight Loss, Pregnancy, Drugs, Health Insurance

I read a few good and few rly bad reviews about it.

Also, Zoloft and marijuana - Marijuana.com

They seem more on the less ignorant side of it.

Just browse around in google. zoloft and weed - Google zoeken

6. Try a 100% indica and stay away from sativas, at least at first.