"You Smoke But You Don't Drink?"

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by F. Fontaine, Aug 20, 2011.

1. #1 F. Fontaine, Aug 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2011
    In my opinion this is one of the most ignorant questions a person could ask to another person who enjoys cannabis. For some people it may seem innocous, but it's just a "really?" type question that's kind of unnecessary. One of my friend's sisters asked me this. We both were sparking up before going to a going away party last night for a mutual friend of ours. His sister was like: "how can you smoke but you don't drink?" with the most perplexed and idiotic look possible on a human being's face.

I've been asked this too many times by too many people. It's amazing people that since you do weed, you must do the other. It's as if weed is a substance of more "impact" or since you don't mind doing something "illegal", you can do any of the "legal" drugs willingly. I mean, I know that there's a huge overlap, but it's not a "because of" thing. She doesn't like weed at all but doesn't mind if her brother smokes it. She just criticizes him at times to feel "holier-than-thou".

The reasons I smoke but don't drink is because I've had several encounters with alcohol, but not enough for me to believe it's beneficial really. I always feel I walk out with a new insight on life while high and before I started smoking I wanted a feeling like that I knew only smoking could bring me. I gave up drinking completely a few weeks into the of December of 09.

To be honest, I've always viewed weed as a very private thing only shared with close friends, where as alcohol is more party-oriented. Being high allows me to be with me and my feelings. I don't really have too much of a social life going on right now so I don't really feel like I need to drink alcohol, even though I've never really liked it.

Who I am now, I have changed alot since 2 years ago. I just have a new insight on life and things. But now more than ever does that question get to me.

/end stoned rambling

What about you guys? Anything similar?

2. too long to read o=
    if she bitches about you for smokin and not drinking
    bitch at that bitch for drinking and not smoking and call her a bitch

3. I'm exactly the same way, the day I first smoked pot I told my self I'd never drink a drop of alcohol again. Realistically, at least not to get drunk but it's been almost 6 months and I haven't had a drop. I feel the same way I always think alot when I'm high even at a party and have a fresh new insight. It's just more rewarding and not NEARLY as bad for you. Last party I was at I was stoned out of my mind but was the only one along with a good friend baby-sitting 3 wasted ass people, making sure they don't die Jimi Hendrix style and shit. If I were to ever have kids (which i highly doubt) I'd much rather them smoke pot than drink excessively.

4. Pot is definitely the healthier and more beneficial drug of the two, and most people don't realize it.

5. Weed is actually better for your alcohol kills..

6. I can't get drunk man no matter how much I drink just makes me tired as fuck if I drink heaps

7. #7 h town toker, Aug 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Try something stonger :)

8. This.

Everyone has their escapes, and everybody enjoys substances differently.

This is how i like to describe it to people that are being ignorant: feeling the effects of alcohal is your body filtering out a poison, leaving a by product in your bloodstream (feel free to correct me if im wrong), whereas THC fits into neurotransmitters like a key into a lock... logically speaking which one sounds better?

For me though, i just dont enjoy being drunk as much as i do high. Simple as that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. #9 ScrappyDoo, Aug 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2011
    I get "you'll smoke pot, but not cigarettes a lot??" Yeah, if I'd rather not speed up the process of destroying my lungs for something as useless as tobacco.

Edit: Although that's not completely true, I do occasionally enjoy a full flavor when I'm drunk.

10. I love both pot and alcohol. :wave:

11. Tends to happen to all the stereotypical metal heads. lol
    (I guess this from the Megadeth name and the 'Death to false metal' sig):smoke:

12. Its probably because of how its so accepted in the culture you live in.

I don't think people are thinking "How could he not drink, but do a drug thats worse then alcohol".

But there really thinking, "How could you do something illegal, but not do something culturally accepted."

13. meh... not a big fan of alcohol or tobacco

14. I don't drink because alcoholism has effectively destroyed my family. I've seen how alcohol affects people's actions, judgements, and have researched what it does to the body. I'm predisposed to addiction, and I told myself a long time ago that I wouldn't let it happen to me. Thankfully my friends love weed as much as I do :)

15. Take some swigs on some of this stuff:
    [​IMG]
    "one sip will make a ***** flip"

16. when literally every single person on both your parents side of the family is a hardcore alcoholic, ya gotta watch how much you drink haha

17. It's not too hard to understand. After a long night of smoking i'll wake up feeling normal, after a long night of drinking heavily i'm out of commission the entire next day

18. Lol you overreacting man. Even though I do both, you clearly have to understand their side. I would ask the same thing too.

19. I'm sorry for this topic, this was pretty much a bunch of stoned rambling.

20. Ever so often (about once a month or so) I'll have a few Shiner Blacks or a St. Bernardus abt 12, but that's only because I like the taste of bock beer. If somebody said, "You can only drink, or only smoke from now on. CHOOSE." I'd pick smoking.