"You look like you would be addicted to drugs."

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by TokePuppy, Nov 17, 2010.

1. So I'm in my psychology class and this girl infront of me says she was stressed out to our teacher.

So our teacher( who I am positive you was a pot head back in the day, maybe still is ) tells the girl he has some xanax in his pocket and she can just take a bunch( he was joking btw) then the girl says
    " No thanks mr B, I got something that relaxes me when I get home that's safer."
    My teacher says that's good, because xanax is very addictive.

And I'm I comment saying " ya, that stuff is dont mess with xanax"

Then this fucked next to me who is really shy and rarley talk says to me

" Ya, you would know haha"
    Then I say " what you mean by that?
    And he says
    "You look like you would be addicted to drugs."

Wtf I hate that shit... has this ever happened to anyone?

People think if you smoke ur a loser druggie :(

2. Eh, just another uneducated person thinking they're superior because they are "above the influence." If he's still judging people based on looks, he still has a lot of maturing to do.

3. Yeah, they're called morons. They're not worth your time, trust me.

4. What if OP actually looks like a tweeker?

5. #5 Sunn, Nov 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2010
    That's still irrelevant. I get disgusted by people who judge others based solely on their appearance.

Anyway, luckily I don't get that kind of negative attention, or haven't yet. Only thing I get is people occasionally asking me if I have any weed, which I guess I don't really mind that much.

6. Well what do you look like? Some people just really do give off the appearance they do a lot of drugs.

7. That's completely relevant, and everyone judges on appearance, it's impossible not it.

8. To be honest OP, take the comment with a grain of salt(obviously), but you may want to re-evaluate your appearance if people who don't even know you are making comments like this. Ignorant or not, this person made this comment for a reason.

I'm not saying this to offend you by any means, just offering an alternative viewpoint with a comment like that. Obviously if you're comfortable with your appearance and you don't give a shit what others may perceive from that, then don't sweat it at all.

9. For reals. What a bunch of idealists we have here.

If you look like a tweaker people are going to think your a tweaker. Nobody wastes there time thinking any deeper than that, sorry.

10. If people think someone is a "druggie" so be it. If you are successful in life, it doesnt matter. They can think you are a loser druggie, but if your not, whats the problem? Let them be ignorant and narrow minded.

11. bet that kid takes asprin....fuckin druggie

12. Your response should have been "your mom looks like a drug addict"

13. more correct "yea, and your mom is my drug dealer"

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sorry to say that maybe you don't but that doesn't mean no one else does either. Okay, I would agree that it's pretty much impossible not to form some kind of judgmental impression of somebody just by looking at them, but simply thinking "that guy looks like a tweaker" is a lot different then telling the guy "you look like a drug addict". I might think it, but I would give him the benefit of the doubt, because I don't know him at all, and because it's the right thing to do.

15. it's not that people dont make judgments, that just something thats natural for us. but to act on those poor judgments is something else altogether. thats just ignorance

16. The thing is, I don't even look like a pothead.. I wear adidas shoes, am fit and wear v necks... the day he said this I was wearing earings, so maybe he is conservative and sees that I'm a male with earings so I Must do drugs

17. lol musta been the earings man... as we all know.... they are a sure fire sign someone is doing drugs....

18. hahahaha

19. That kinda happened to me in MY Psych class a few weeks ago. We were discussing drug use and out of the two people in the class against pot, I ended up siting next to one of them. You should've seen his face when I was going on and on about marijuana myths and facts, etc. He was shaking his head no the entire time with an annoyed look on his face. He called me addicted, haha. Then the other anti-pot guy had the nerve to say nicotine was more useful than marijuana! So I called him out and said nicotine is the reason my brother has lung cancer, and you what his medicine is? POT! That shut his fat ass right up.