You know why I love GC?

Discussion in 'General' started by PilkyHigh, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Because it's a community of people from all walks of life that have one thing in common. They all smoke, and all accept marijuana to be a positive thing in their lives. I just finished having a discussion on weed with a friend of mine, who's against it, and he just wouldn't believe ANYTHING I said about it. He raised a point about how the smoke is harmful for your lungs, which is true, and so I mentioned vaporizers and how it's vapour and not smoke, but he wouldn't accept it.

Take marijuana out of the equation, and if he were reading about a vap online or in a book, he would believe it.

I'm sick of people growing up with all this propaganda bullshit and not being able to learn the real truth behind it all.

But GC is full of people like me. People who realise and accept the truth. And I love that. I love you guys.

2. This is definitely one of my favorite networks of the ones that I'm involved in.

I have one friend who won't smoke, recently I've taken to making him seriously think about what it is about it that he doesn't like, or what he has a problem with.

Is it the smoke you have a problem with? I asked him if he'd eat brownies or use a vape. He didn't have anything to say.

I asked then if it was the THC that he had an issue with, and I told him that alcohol is a chemical also, and it's far more dangerous and destructive. He didn't have anything to say.

Then I asked if it was the fact that it's illegal that he had a problem with. That seemed to be the root of it, and I asked him to seriously consider why it was illegal and if it was illegal for a good reason. He conceded that it was illegal for the wrong reasons, and supports it's legalization. I asked why he has a problem with things that illegal for no good reason, and he didn't have much to say.

I think he'll smoke before too long, and then he'll be free. :)

3. #3 AK Infinity, Jan 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2010

See brother, what you accept about GrassCity in terms of it having people "from all walks of life" is how you should see the world. In the real world there are people that don't agree with weed and that would be the case if it's legalized or not. They just won't accept it and the tough part of that is that "reason" won't appeal to them, because if it were a simple matter of reason drugs in general would probably be legal. Human prejudice is really the culprit behind many of society's woes. For the most part people just pick a side, and for mostly silly reasons stick to their guns after that no matter what evidence might be presented to the contrary.

Propaganda is just a fancy way of saying people are being deliberately shown what makes them comfortable. Are people tricked or are they assuaged with what they really want to hear?

4. That whole post was good, but this last part is especially beautiful.