you know what really grinds my gears: the radio

Discussion in 'General' started by sauss, May 14, 2009.

1. the radio.
    every time im in my girlfriends car, she turns on the radio. I swear by my ipod which i feel has a huge variety of very good music, and listening to the radio makes me...mad.
    the radio is populated with not only the same goddamn style of music, you can literally flip from one station to another, and hear the exact same song.
    People have limited themselves to strictly pop rock and pop hop and it does no justice to the immense amounts of genres and artists there are in the world.
    the song "kiss me through the phone" has been played non stop and its almost embarrassing. first of all, who the fuck writes a song about wanting to kiss someone through the phone, and secondly, who the fuck wants to listen to it?!
    i feel like as the days go by, people become less in tune with themselves and more like everybody else.
    more people know who soulja boy is than thievery corporation.

i just don't get it.

2. I completely agree with you my friend. When I'm in the car I refuse to put the radio on, it makes me so mad to hear the same song over and over again and what makes it even worse is the fact that all of the songs suck.:mad::mad:

3. Umm...

My car doesn't even have a cassette deck, so the radio is always on.

Not like it's a bad thing, it's always tuned to 'Classic Hits'. :cool:

4. I can't stand the radio, I bought some shitty FM transmitter for my iPod because I got sick of listening to CDs all the time.

5. Yeah I refuse to listen to the radio just because of the amount of shit they call music that comes out of it. My ipod or someone else's is always in.

6. I agree!

Although today I borrowed my buddies car and he only has radio. I was able to alternate between three stations and had no big commercial breaks or crappy songs for an hour.

7. Couldn't have said it better.

8. id switch between radio stations to hear the same song at the same time, it sucks.

if the radio is on, its classical music.

9. radio today blows....

either emo kids whining or the same rappers fake singin with a pitch shifter... its all the same

If there is aever a good song on there it gets overplayed till everyone hates it anyways.

Radio is all about commercials and money, NOT music......

10. there is a good jazz/blues station i frequent. im more of an talk radio fan myself.

11. If im in the whip i NEVER listen to the radio, Strictly CD's i burn. 90% detroit shiet. Van Dyke N Harper Music been gettin mad play latley.

Once in awhile at the crib i throw on the radio and listen to 97.9 or 102.7. The detorit rap stations but they've gotten real fuckin shitty. Once in awhile they throw on a throwback or something decent. But only thing i really like about those stations is the commentary. Mother fuckers make me laugh.

12. Oh, damn straight.

I remember on a long road trip, I found this obscure station playing acid jazz in the middle of the night. That was pretty sick.

13. I don't really like the radio, but there's a good Classic Rock station here. 6 PM everynight is "Get the Led Out". Back to back to back and so on of some Zeppelin. Commercials every hour or so.

14. I always use my ipod hook-up, but it's not like the radio pisses me off or anything. I just hate the commercials and the fact that they play the same songs over and over.

15. fuck the radio, except for NPR

16. There's some good shit on the lesser known radio stations sometimes, like some jazz stations and stuff, and also on XM radio you can choose what you want so it's much better.

17. the radio is always on at my work and it its always on the worst stations. I cant stand hearing that garbage anymore especially since im a fan of metal.

18. nah, there's a station here that plays some good stuff. all classic rock.

19. The radio is all right with me

You got 100.7 WZLX for classic rock, 850 WEEI for sports talk, 680 WRKO for Red Sox broadcasts, 104.1 WBCN for the Toucher & Rich morning show for my drive to work

20. I tend to listen to hardcore/metalcore/deathcore and that's not on the radio much. I guess that'd explain my dislike towards it. Sometimes my dad would listen to talk radio while I whipped him to places which I didn't mind.