You have got to be fucking kidding me.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Frotto, Mar 15, 2012.

1. You have to think about the individuals that a psychiatrist sees, that is why they responded so negatively to your cannabis consumption. If you want to PM me with any questions regarding your session you are welcome to. Applying to medical school next year in addition to having friends further ahead in the process of myself.

2. Have you heard of "The Sensory Deprivation Tank" you should go try it. It's suppose to make you sane and feeling great after you get out of it. Real shit though dude... the only way to get over something in your head is to fight it head on, without any use of drugs. No drug will cure you, you should know, it only suppresses it. I say try The Sensory Deprivation Tank. Come back and tell us how you feel afterwards.

3. Today's society fixes everything with a damn drug. It's ridiculous, and props for you to actually speak up against it.

Dude, check out group therapy, I have been going to counseling lately, and it has helped A LOT. if you really are looking for some help and are open to new ideas, try some other options.

4. Buisness interests first.
    Health second.
    =The America of today.

5. The Dr. gets paid for her hour of time regardless of what she prescribed. She doesn't get a kick back for prescribing specific pills.

Sometimes when I'm on GC my face never leaves my palm.

6. [quote name='"walterbishop"']The Dr. gets paid for her hour of time regardless of what she prescribed. She doesn't get a kick back for prescribing specific pills.

Sometimes when I'm on GC my face never leaves my palm.[/quote]

Yeah but they are still to script happy. Rather than talk to someone and get deep into their problems it's easier to scribble on a pad and send them out the door

7. I'm totally convinced by your generalization. :rolleyes:

As someone who has actually been treated by an MD for anxiety, I can say I didn't have a script happy Dr. So, that false logic goes out the window.

I can also say that by hearing one side of a story told by a teenager of questionable state of mind, you can not effectively know whether or not said Dr. was just, "script happy."

8. [quote name='"walterbishop"']

I'm totally convinced by your generalization. :rolleyes:

As someone who has actually been treated by an MD for anxiety, I can say I didn't have a script happy Dr. So, that false logic goes out the window.

I can also say that by hearing one side of a story told by a teenager of questionable state of mind, you can not effectively know whether or not said Dr. was just, "script happy."[/quote]

I didn't say all of them were, I just meant in general psychiatrists are prescribing more medication per person than in the past; I don't have to convince you of that, it's a fact. I've also had experience with multiple psychiatrists who tried to give me pills when I didn't want them or need them. And I worked through my stuff on my own instead of taking a bunch of inebriating pills, yet they instead wanted to just dope me up and send me home..

Please don't get all personal, I'm just throwing in an opinion like everyone else. It's a fact that psychiatrists are prescribing more and more meds, idk how you can call that a generalization.

9. If you want to talk, you go to a psychologist or a therapist. You go to a psychiatrist, who is a MD., for the specific fact that they can prescribe meds.

10. This is the shit that pisses me off. An all-natural plant that can medicate over 200 known human ailments, and they push pills that can kick your brain's ass three ways till Sunday. I'm not against ALL pills. There are some that do good, and some that do bad.

Maybe most do bad and I'm just looking at the good in things. Weed can help your depression, insomnia, and quite possibly your Tourettes (spelling error? I apologize. Damn spell check doesn't know shit..)

My girlfriend takes anti-depression pills and we had quite an argument over it. She tells me she was on them before she met me, and that she only takes them because if she stops taking them so suddenly it can have negative effects on her in the long run, which is entirely understandable.

She says I'm the best thing that's ever happened to her and that she's never been happier. :bongin:

Still pisses me off.

God damn pill pushing bastards.

Preying on the weak and ignorant.

America is on the fast train to hell, man. Seriously.

11. [quote name='"walterbishop"']If you want to talk, you go to a psychologist or a therapist. You go to a psychiatrist, who is a MD., for the specific fact that they can prescribe meds.[/quote]

If you think people only go to psychiatrists to get meds you don't know the actual purpose of a psychiatrist. Yes the fact that they can prescribe meds sets them apart, but that does not mean their duty is to simply give meds to everyone who comes in their door. They're supposed to talk to you in depth and figure out whether or not you DO need medication. My point was that far too often they are quick to the script pad rather than talking to their patients long enough to see that they are capable of working through their problems without meds.

First you said psychiatrists aren't script-happy (in other words, they don't prescribe meds too often), now you're saying that their sole purpose is to give meds to their patients. So which is if?

12. Actually first I said you are generalizing based on my personal experience.

Then I said that people do indeed go to psychiatrists because they are medical doctors who can prescribe medication. I did not say it's all their sole purpose.

Not sure how one statement cancels out the other.

13. Psychiatrists are stereotyped as pill pushers, but the ironic thing is, the majority of the time that's exactly what is done.

My ex-girlfriend was 'depressed' throughout high school (though she's the attention whore type that will do anything to get attention), and had a doctor prescribe her meds- which in turn must have really screwed her up, as she seemed practically brain dead.

She was absolutely clueless about most things. When I tried to let her know that weed could potentially help her, she went ballistic, telling me "I was taught weed is bad", but refused to hear my side of things.

She started arguing with me once about something stupid, basically throwing a tantrum, and I told her "If we can't discuss things like adults, this relationship won't work out", to which she responded "When you say things like 'things won't work out'- it makes me worried about our future together"...

We would "get physical" at times as well, and she would show absolutely no emotion what so ever. Needless to say we only dated for about a month before I finally got fed up and broke it off when I found out she was a gold-digger.

It's a real shame, pills have turned potentially good people into mindless idiots.

14. That's why I refuse to go to a psychiatrist. Don't need any devils drugs in me

15. And companies actually pay certain doctors/psychiatrists to push certain types of their medications to patients for profit. Disgusting. My psychology teacher told me that. It's funny, because she's the only psychology teacher I ever had who always said "don't EVER use anti-anxiety or anti-depressant medication" even though we'd be studying them

16. you can refuse the meds...... and opt for talking thats what im doing

17. Sell your prescription

Win-Win

18. Wow. That's fucking retarted. Of all the medicine she could give you, an anti-psychotic? The one problem you don't have. And then to be giving you some crazy strong drug and talk about weed and how it fucks you up? Stupid bitch man. I want to be a psychologist... they can't give prescribe medicine which I like. I wouldn't be doing it just for money. I like giving advice to people and listening to their problems, I mean I do it with all my friends as it is. Might as well turn it into a career. But I don't agree with prescribing medicine. Most people come in there and lie just to get the pills.

I say you go to a doctor about the touretts, make a big change to some part of your life to help with the depression, and smoke at night for the insomnia.

19. Well what did you expect her to do?

Glad to see everyone is a medical expert here. :rolleyes:

Look man, you went to the doctors for their advice. Take it or leave it.