You have got to be fucking kidding me.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Frotto, Mar 15, 2012.

1. I have been struggling with minor/major depression on and off for the past few years, and also have been struggling with Tourette's (not vocal) and insomnia since I can remember.

My parents convinced me it might be a good idea to see a therapist, which I said, okay, because I believe in them and what they know. I saw the guy about 3 times, costing me a fucking forture, before he refers me to a psychiatrist. Now, the difference is that the psychiatrist can prescribe and the therapist cannot.

This is where shit got retarded.
    The first question she asks me is if I take any medication (while she's holding my medical records, by the way). I tell her about my pot-smokage, and my occasional use of unmentionables that Timothy Leary may have been a fan of. Skipping the part about the unmentionables, she goes straight into explaining that self medicating with cannabis for problems is not the way to go, and tells me that after 10 or so years I will become paranoid and begin to hear voices, as the weed was changing my brain chemistry. I keep my mouth shut, that is UNTIL she tried to prescribe me an anti-psychotic. For insomnia, mild depression, and mild mild motor ticks. Needless to say, I went apeshit.

This lady went through 12 years of medical school for that.:confused:

2. Those people are only there it seems, to push prescription pills onto people for cash...

3. Watch out for that weed changing your brain chemistry. Take the pills that turn you into an emotionless zombie instead. :smoke:

4. It really does seem like that a lot of the time. I am now down a few hundred dollars with nothing to show for it. The therapist never provided any input either, he just basically listened to me bitch.

5. You can't blame these people for that. They're not taught to give out cannabis for things like insomnia or depression.

For depression and anxiety sometimes cannabis works and sometimes it doesn't. You can bet it works for insomnia though.

6. I don't understand why the fuck she prescribed me that shit for an eye/neck twitch and depression. I was under the impression those block dopamine receptors, which to me sounds like it might make things worse?

7. Introspection and meditation are much better than any therapist. :smoke:

8. And anti-psychotics don't?! Holy crap dude, at least with weed, you more or less get back to your default state after a period of abstaining. Those anti-psychotics can fuck you up for life.

I'm not saying they don't have a place or a use. But I don't think depression, and all the other things you've listed are justification to put your on such serious medication. Those pills should be reserved for the schizophrenic, and those who are otherwise, actually psychotic.

Fucking pill pushers.

9. Tell her she's fucking retarded and stop going to that place. Like literally, just stand up and say "You're fucking retarded." What's the worst that could happen? Hand that bitches shit to her.

10. Pushing pills is all they're good for. Fuck them people.

11. I find that the best way to get rid of depression is to step outside of my comfort zone or just break my routine. Tourette's though, you might want to see someone for that but next time google the doctor before hand.

12. anti-psychotic, crazy bitch, depression, tourettes I like your style

13. Yea the last thing I usually want any one to do is take those pills prescribed by psychiatrists. I love the hipocrasy of the whole situation how she tells you weeds bad then tries to push her drugs on you :p. Glad you stood your ground, I'd say go back to a talk therapist. Best of luck to you.

14. No doubt they pressured you into a follow up appointment...... Just cancel your next appointment with her man and tell your therapist your not interested in pschoactive medications? If he doesn't understand just get another one, they aren't their too create some "bonding" thing like on TV. Just to listen, and give their professional support so if your guy rly doesn't help just go too another....

But just having someone to get your feeling's out too and confide in help's more than you might be realizing automaticly

15. Money. I wouldn't trust anyone who you have to pay to "care" about what you have to say. Do what makes you happy, I'd rather be a psychotic insomniac, than another fucked up mindless pill-popping zombie..but that's just me. I've found the best thing for depression is to change the scenery of your life, that can be your friends, job, house, school, car, whatever, just mix shit up and start something off completely fresh; also try to focus on things that you're passionate about and truly make YOU happy.

16. This is the type of bitch that I would wanna slap after talking with her. Just that dumb, close minded and vulnurable..

17. [quote name='"slump40"']Those people are only there it seems, to push prescription pills onto people for cash...[/quote]

They make BANK off of the FDA/Drug Companies just for writing off prescription slips. It's truly pathetic.

18. Want some "revenge"? :devious: EDUCATE HER!

Send me an email (bottom of my sig) and I will send you all the MMJ studies you could possibly use! I have quite a few on cannabis for Tourettes, reducing anxiety, as an anti-depressant, etc., in my collection! Pick, click and print!

Then all you need is her addy and some stamps! :rolleyes: The post office does not require return addresses on envelopes! ;)

Send her a study or two every week.....forever! :D

Granny :wave:

19. Thank you Granny, but I think I have this. I just straight up told her she's retarded. Not in those exact words but.. I think I got my point across.

I realized my depression is caused by a boring lifestyle though. And I'm still sort of young, so it just gets worse from here. I think I might move to somewhere in Europe, or Canada. Even another state would be good.

20. Big Pharma dude. They push pills on us that give us other problems so they can sell more pills. Its all about money.