You gotta try this

Discussion in 'General' started by fukface, Jul 10, 2010.

1. #1 fukface, Jul 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2010
    Want to do something that's very enjoyable and also profound in a trippy way? Go get the audio version of Tolle"s "The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment" and listen to it stoned. Don't fuck up by getting the book by mistake. The audio ver. is narrated by Tolle and he does it in a way that will blow your fucking mind - I promise. Chapters 1 & 2 are a beautiful mind-fuck! For maximum effect, smoke an extra bowl and try to listen to it in settings where you can be as free as possible from distractions.

Buy it here - Amazon
    Or here - search Tolle - it's there.

You'll see what I mean.

2. #2 bobba loo, Jul 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2010
    Sounds intense, gonna listen once I get some bud

3. Thanx - got it.

4. I was skeptical that this was just another new age, western rehash of the usual eastern stuff but it wasn't long until I started actually seeing and experiencing the reality of what he was talking about as he was saying the words. That was pretty peculiar - enjoyable too. I don't think that would've happened if I had been reading the book instead of listening.

I'm very familiar with zen and the Taoist approaches and this was no rehash just to sell a book like most of that genre. This dude seems to be the real thing. He's way more ontrack than even Alan Watts or DT Suzuki, IMO. Also, Tolle's manner of vocal delivery actually adds a perfectly complementary reinforcement to the subject of his discussions. And if you've just smoke a bowl, you're probably going to get a tour of some interesting inner workings.

5. I listened to some of this on my way to work today. Wow. You are right man. Him speaking the words are so much powerful than just reading it.

I'm not normally a reader, my father has gotten me in some of these books after he gets done reading them. Another one I really enjoyed was... well shit, I don't have the book anymore, nor remember the Author or correct title, it was something along the lines of Unlocking The Power Of The Subconscious Mind - but not the ones that I'm turning up on Amazon or Google. Either way, excellent read, it had to lot to do with the power of suggestion, which I'm sold on.