You got problems and Mogwai has answers.

Discussion in 'General' started by Mogwai, Mar 30, 2012.

1. I really like giving people advice... but hey who doesnt. It's always nice to help somebody even if it's only a tiny bit. I'd go as far as to say I'd love to be a therapist or case worker just to help people out..

But if I'm ever to become any of those things I have a long time before I mange it. Until then I gotta resort to this.

Tell me your problems and I will offer a possible solution and encouragement. I'll try my best to thoroughly answer each one.

2. I got a problem o great one

Should I spend almost all my money on a sick ass bong and be broke for a few weeks or should I be responsible and pay my bills instead and not be broke

3. I should see a therapist, and have been recommended to see one for awhile. For some reason i never have though, i can't seem to bring myself to do it. What gives, and what should i do?

4. [quote name='"HBGBUB"']I got a problem o great one

Should I spend almost all my money on a sick ass bong and be broke for a few weeks or should I be responsible and pay my bills instead and not be broke[/quote]

Definitely pay your bills since those should always be one of your top priorities. Then just save as much as you can and you'll probably be able to get the bong in another paycheck or two. Any sacrifices you make after bills and food will definitely feel worth it once you get that new piece. It will be worth being broke for a couple extra weeks or so.

5. [quote name='"Sunn"']I should see a therapist, and have been recommended to see one for awhile. For some reason i never have though, i can't seem to bring myself to do it. What gives, and what should i do?[/quote]

I was like this a while back actually, though I only saw one for a little while before deciding I didn't really feel like I needed it.

You really don't have anything to lose by going. If you are low on funds there are ways to go super cheap or for free, it's confidential, and it's wayyy more casual than you think. It's not really like what you see on movies... it's more just a casual conversations with a few personal questions.

Even if you don't like answering personal questions it's still for sure worth trying. It's a chill environment and you never feel too "on the spot" since it's one on one. It's a lot easier to tackle personal questions there than I think people would think.

It can also be kind of fun, as odd as that sounds. Depending on why you're going, the therapist will do shit like offer intellectual challenges that are oftentimes satisfying to complete, and you usually see how they help you.

Plus if you don't dig it you can just stop going

6. cool, this is some good insight. casual sounds nice. more like seeing a friend than a doctor, but i guess that's the whole point lol. intellectual challenges sounds interesting but i don't really know what you mean, care to elaborate?

7. [quote name='"Mogwai"']

Definitely pay your bills since those should always be one of your top priorities. Then just save as much as you can and you'll probably be able to get the bong in another paycheck or two. Any sacrifices you make after bills and food will definitely feel worth it once you get that new piece. It will be worth being broke for a couple extra weeks or so.[/quote]

Yeah unfortunately this is what I'm probably gonna do. I really want that tube but I think imma have to be responsible

8. #8 Mogwai, Mar 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2012
    [quote name='"Sunn"']

cool, this is some good insight. casual sounds nice. more like seeing a friend than a doctor, but i guess that's the whole point lol. intellectual challenges sounds interesting but i don't really know what you mean, care to elaborate?[/quote]

Yeah, it kinda has a friend feling to it in ways. It's a little different but I guess that could be a good thing?

And maybe games wasn't the appropriate thing to call it... I mean there ARE games, but it's mostly mental/intellectual exercises. You can look up CBT exercises for your situation (anxiety, depression, whatever you got) and kinda get an idea.

I went for anxiety purposes, and the most effective exercise they offered I think was a sort of breakdown of why I felt the way I did.

So say I said I had social anxiety. The first question would be what makes me anxious, and the answer would be social interaction. Then would be "why social interaction", and I could say something like fear of being judged. That would lead to asking why I fear judgement, and what would come from being judged. Then I'd be asked what my problem with the consequences of being judged. I'd answer, and then be asked again why that would be an issue.

It goes on like that for the most part, though there's a lot more elaboration and such along the way than I detailed. It really helps you see the irrationality of some problems, and over time your brain will naturally see the irrationality without doing exercises.

There are other exercises, but that's just the easiest to explain. It's also one of the more basic exercises. But even if something seems super simple it can still be surprisingly effective.

I didn't go for social anxiety, I just chose that topic since it's easiest to layout. The layout of the above exercise will change a bit depending on what you're addressing.

9. awesome, i love asking why and looking for deep meaning in everything.

10. [quote name='"Sunn"']awesome, i love asking why and looking for deep meaning in everything.[/quote]

Yeah it's nice. And you can't really do it on your own very well. I mean you kinda can but therapists are trained to guide you through that shit which means they can offer ideas and such that you wouldn't see on your own.. which is possibly the most beneficial part

11. kinda like smoking weed. lol. nah but i totally understand what you're saying.

12. I've got a problem sir. You see, I want to throw some poetry or at least some guitar licks over one of your ambientrancey tracks, but you won't let me. What should I do? :rolleyes:

13. #13 smoker209, Mar 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2012
    Ya I got a problem.

I'm trying to decide whether or not I want/need to put a mob grinder under my city Darkness falls (name still pending) to attract visitors/permanent residents, or put it at my for the moment permanent house where two mob xp farms are located.

Basically it's easier and less time consuming near my house, but not as practical.

City is harder and would more than likely delay the opening of my city, but is more of an incentive for visitors/residents.

Answer me that almighty one.

14. How do you motivate the unmotivated, ie me?

15. I've got 200 extra bucks to spend left over from my tax return. Should I spend this on a nice grow tent in preparation for starting growing again this summer, or should I spend the money replacing my broken whip for my vaporizer and buying some bud for 4/20.

Also if I was to get a grow tent which one would you recommend. One with one compartment.

[​IMG]

Or one with two so that I could get a small perpetual grow going.

[​IMG]

16. my buttcrack is itchy.

17. [quote name='"Meursault"']I've got a problem sir. You see, I want to throw some poetry or at least some guitar licks over one of your ambientrancey tracks, but you won't let me. What should I do? :rolleyes:[/quote]

You definitely can man. The only problem is I had some computer problems and lost the masters to almost all the tracks =/. But you can DL them in soundcloud and do what you want/can with em.

18. [quote name='"smoker209"']Ya I got a problem.

I'm trying to decide whether or not I want/need to put a mob grinder under my city Darkness falls (name still pending) to attract visitors/permanent residents, or put it at my for the moment permanent house where two mob xp farms are located.

Basically it's easier and less time consuming near my house, but not as practical.

City is harder and would more than likely delay the opening of my city, but is more of an incentive for visitors/residents.

Answer me that almighty one.[/quote]

Put it in the city. You're gonna have to do it eventually anyway, yeah? So just get it iver with. Then again if xp is a problem and you really need it, then go with under your house.

19. [quote name='"flammzrant"']How do you motivate the unmotivated, ie me?[/quote]

You gotta find ways to be motivated. Find what there is about your current situation that you really wanna change and focus on changing it. Organize your goals and determine which are top priorities and consider what it would be like to achieve and not achieve them.

If there's anything holding you back, consider cutting it out.. whether it's a drug, a friend, or whatever.. just back away from it until you've made progress.

Motivation is hard to get sometimes.. for some people I think time may be the only thing that can do it. Eventually you get so fed up with the current state that you feel like you have to change it so you get motivated.

20. [quote name='"Berry"']I've got 200 extra bucks to spend left over from my tax return. Should I spend this on a nice grow tent in preparation for starting growing again this summer, or should I spend the money replacing my broken whip for my vaporizer and buying some bud for 4/20.

Also if I was to get a grow tent which one would you recommend. One with one compartment.

Or one with two so that I could get a small perpetual grow going.

[/quote]

Personally I'd go with a new whip and some weed. 420 is pretty important to me, and as a fellow smoker I assume it's probably a big deal for you too. Enjoy the day and "live a little" haha. Plus you'd still have time to save up for a tent.. plus plus you don't NEED a tent to grow, and if worse comes to worse you can make do without.

As for which one, I'd go with the perpetual grow idea. Assuming it's all for personal use, your goal is probably to have a constant supply of free herb.. which pretty much requires a constant grow