Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

You get stopped in your car by a cop, and he asks permission to search... what now?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by idioteque, Feb 19, 2009.

1. well, i agree that consenting to a search can be a good thing. i think it totally depends on the situation. if its well hidden, consent to the search. you dont want a dog there to scratch up your ride and give a false alert.

im also waiting to refuse a search with nothing on me, just to fuck with em.

2. #22 Tuk2, Feb 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2009
    YES I've been in that situation twice. and OP you're absolutely right, you have to make a VERY quick call on what your plan is when you're in that situation. It was one of the scariest moments of my life. I got pulled over for no apparent reason in my sports car at the time and when they ran my license my name came back with a note on it that a certain somebody who doesnt like me called me in and made a false claim I was dealing. They pulled me out of the car and questioned me for several minutes, asked me if I had anything on me I said no, asked me if I didnt mind them checking, I said sure, knowing I had a fat joint of dank in my cig box in my left pocket. They did a pretty thorough sweep of the car, under seats first, up under dash, called me over to open the center console, checked my water bottle to see if it was alcohol. They were expecting to find something I could tell. I was figuring on spending the night in jail that time, but they finished and cut me loose.

Other time I got pulled over after a undercover sting, and 9 squad cars and suvs tore apart my shit and didnt bother putting it back together. I gave consent then too because I was in a situation where I had to explain myself and I wanted to be fully compliant. I never ride with anything on me. In my mind I have a plan to REFUSE searches when I know Im riding clean. Why am I refusing sir? Because its my god given right to, no further explanation required. You can waste all the time you want waiting for the dogs. Just prepare for the citations after he comes up empty handed. Sometimes I imagine myself wanting the traffic stop to go quicker and going ahead and giving consent. It just depends on the situation, just be ready because its really tough to think straight without panicing when that time actually comes to act fast.

3. i think if you have a large amount poorly hidden or sealed then that could go either way. you can say ya search it, but that would be retarded imo b/c you have weed in the car. but if its not sealed correctly then a dog could smell it. but theres not a big chance of that happening.

if you have a small amount, then id deffently say no to a search b/c theres no way a dog is smelling that.

i saw a thing on tv where some guy had 10lbs in his trunk, and it still took the dog a min or so to detect it. so id for sure decline any search anytime no mater what. just tell them you dont want their piggy hands going though your car. lol jk but u can say something like "i just had my car cleaned and the last time a cop searched my car he teared my cupholders out"

4. yeah never get busted again is great

5. I would love to say "no" to a search by a cop around here. There is no point because they WILL call the k9 unit, or already have called it without your knowing.

6. I hide mine in the most unusual of places. In my air cleaner for my motor. No way its getting pulled in the motor and I triple bag everything when I carry anything over and 1/2 oz.

[​IMG]

7. That's a good idea to not get caught, but I'm sure the engine heats the weed every time you drive, making your shit less potent..

8. #28 idioteque, Feb 20, 2009
    This is a risky assumption. You're assuming that the police will act with integrity and honesty, and will not coax / encourage the dog to alert when it hasn't picked up a scent. I'm sure there are honest officers out there who won't cheat to get inside your car, but the incentive (in the form of rewards and promotions) is certainly there for them to do so.

I also wouldn't be too quick to assume you haven't got small particles of weed on your hands and clothes, and inadvertently given the dog something to pick up on.

9. Never consent to a search of your vehicle, under any circumstance. I wouldn't even recommend consenting to a search if you *think* you do not have contraband in the car, as most stoners have some lying around anyways. If they search you anyways for any reason and find anything, appeal the search as illegitimate in court regardless of the circumstances.

10. just drive safely and you wont get pulled over

11. consenting to a search is like advice a cop would give

kind of like if you see a bear just play dead is like a myth started by bears

12. I think its hilarious I got my User CP filled with purple rep bars from this one thread.

I love posting in seasoned and rec use :D

13. i personally would never let a cop search my car, even if i was clean. they can search my person if need be but they do not have to go through my personal belongings.

Being a girl makes it easier cuz usually its always a male officer and they cant legally search me.

14. Only if your jurisdiction's police department has a policy prohibiting cross-gender searches. Even then the policy is only likely to be "no cross-gender searches when possible", because there are certain exigent situations where the police do not have time to wait for an officer of the same gender as the suspect to show up.

There is no Federal case law that I am aware of which establishes a right to same-sex searches of suspects. Maybe your state has a statute or cases; I would make sure before you rely on that knowledge.

15. funny thing is i've done this before hahaha

16. It doesn't make any sense to let them search you...Ya know that they can find a stem or something tucked away in your seat & you're screwed, right? They may have searched hundreds of cars & your 'secret' spot isn't so secret. You shouldn't give advice.

17. LOL + rep

18. Cops is on about 4 hours a day in the time zone I live in on driffent channels, I try to watch that shit on the daily.I see one show atleast every day its on though.

But, after all this watching Ive learned that cops get the dogs ralled up bad.
    They will shout the commands over and over to get the dog going.
    Followed with "oh ya you smell something girl"?

Thats the thing that worries me, once the K9 is there Im fucked.
    Them fuckers can smell that shit, and by the time they get to my car they will be in beastmode for the smell of drugs.

19. I dont live in the states, I live in a province. Canadian laws are diff i guess. And yes I am 100% sure my municipal and provincial police will not cross gender search (unless certain circumstance are involved) but a simple pat down at a traffic stop or a street search will not likely cross gender search
    And yes there are plenty of case laws on the subject here, thats why they dont do it anymore...

20. #40 Smokey-eyes77, Feb 20, 2009
    Iam almost sure most states have a rule saying a male cop can not search a female.

The only time Ive seen a male cop completely search a female was using his wrists,This was in my town though.My town I live in I know there has to be a female police officer present or be the searcher of a Female suspect.Also if A female is not showing signs of violence she can request not to be searched by a male officer.If theres signs of Violence or she openly has a weapon then its free game.Thats in my town though,but as far as I know most states do not allow a male cop to search a female.