You Don't Really Need All The Expencive Stuff To Grow Good Bud!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by budist, Apr 12, 2008.

1. hey since you asked me by pm but I can't pm you back about it since you don't recieve pms LOL I will clue you in on who DJ Short is. He is a well known and highly skilled breeder that is responsible for strains such as FLO and Blueberry just to name a couple. Both very highly recommended by anyone who knows anything about good quality ganja. Not sure why some seem to want to badmouth him. HE is a good guy.

2. any marijuana geneticist is a good guy in my book. but norcalhal's avatar is so killer im just going to chisel his posts in stone and call them commandments.

3. i also like growing completely organic. i cant have all that bulky stuff cause my parents will find it.

4. And hence why I argue with your false info you keep spreading.

And I did not send u a PM. I need folks like you to keep the prices of true chronic up. Thanks for this.

DJ Quack DID NOT CREATE THE STRAINS YOU MENTIONED. She stole them from DutchPassion. Do your homework.

Lets get on to Outdoor. lol. OK, There is some good outdoor, but you will never get true bomb outside my little friend. Obviously, you don't understand how hydro works, otherwise you you would realize you keep telling these poor folks the tunnlevision you are in.

Lets talk about what you are really sayin'
    You say, MotherNature can't be beat. Correct? Then why don't you dig up dirt from your yard,plant some seeds, and whatch the chron grow? Don't use any nuits, MotherNature provided them in the soil.
    If it can't be beat, then using nuits are not needed? Just plain dirt will work, like it has for "milllions of years".
    Do you think they had the same weed back in the 70's as we do today? No. Advancments in nutriunts,strain and understanding has exploded since the mid '80s.

/Rant over...

Now, Outdoor and soil are the Simplist ways for a beggineer to grow. Thus I agree.

Now, you seem like an intelligant guy, just misinformed.

If outdoor and soil were the best, trust me, EVERYONE in Cali would be doing it. If you go to any club in the Bay Area, you will see that the outdoor is practically given away at the door.

Hydro was invented to MAXIMIZE nuitrient uptake. All nutrients are immediatly available for the plant at all times. As long as your PH is within range, the nuits can be consumed by the plant at will. If you really know your strains, you can adjust your nuits to maximize the plants needs, thus increasing, size and quality.

Have you ever seen a professional grow? I am sure the answer is no. I have been in the scene for a long time and NEVER have I seen a big set up using soil. Noone wants to waste thier time,money and risk in growing soil, when they can run Hydro and get better smoke and quantity and save time. It is simple as that.

5. LOL, thanks, that made me smile!

Look guys, I am not tryin' to be a prima donna, at all.

My whole reason for even coming to this site was to give back. I am quite sucessful at what I do. I haven't had a "bad" harvest in years. I can remember going to a little site called Overgrow and learned quite a few things. I thought I would come back here and share my knowledge.

But then I read posts telling folks that Ceramic Metal Halides are the only way to go.
    That soil and outdoor produce the best smoke. This is a complete lie. This clown needs to be shot down. Period.

I wish I could show some pics..........I only posted one in my profile. It is of a Jack grow under 4 1000's which yeilded me 9 lbs. of super chron that the Clubs in the Bay praised. This was also back in November, the hight of the outdoor season in Cali.

The thing about forums is simple. Every yahoo has an opinion. It is your job as a reader to "wade" thru the BS and take bits and peices of what you read and apply that to your situation. Some will work for you, others will not. There is not one person here that "knows it all" What works for person "a" might not work for person "b". too many variables...

Time to go play BF2....

6. 6 hours of light in your window that wont grow shit lol kinda hard to belive to me......

7. I have seen many professional grows and yes I have seen a couple big grows of 100 plants or so that were done using sunshine mix #4 and Botanicare nutrients exclusively. Don't see how hydro could necessarily save time over soil besides growth time but setup of soil is much easier at least in the situations I have seen it used but I guess that is in the eye of the beholder and depends on if lugging soil to your house is feasible and you can reuse the soil whereas water used in a hydro system needs to be replaced. More risk in growing in hydro since one or 2 days where you can't get in the room and check the PH or ppm could end up killing your grow quickly once those things get out of whack where as soil allows you time to fix things and if you have a good organic mix along with solid organic nutrients you don't even have to worry about PH like a hydro grow because if you have proper levels of Humus it regulates ph on it's own.

8. Play nice

9. I know what you're thinking, Hal... How can anyone improve on those glorious huge buds, dripping with trichromes and bigger than yer head? And there's no question that hydro produces high quality and yield to a grower that can keep it bug-free (and with a good setup, that shouldn't be hard). But we're talking about quality... a very subjective and personal trait subject to individual taste. So let's stop talking weed for a second and talk about something neither of you are personally involved with... lobster. I love a good lobster - one of my favorite things. Get me a good two pound market lobster and I'm in heaven. Now give a choice - the 2 pound market, or one of those 10 pound monsters, and the choice is obvious, right? The 2 pounder. "What!?" you say? I would choose the 2 pounder. I like the meat better in a regular sized lobster than in the overgrown variety. I think it is of better quality. It's a matter of personal preference. Same with apples. I'll take a medium sized one over a grapefruit-sized anyday. Do I have proof to back me up? No. I can't even prove that they taste or smell, or feel or look any different. But I like the "regular" sized one better. My brother? Different story, and he ribs me for it, saying "I'll gladly have the big one... sucker!" Do I feel like a sucker? No... I got the one I wanted.

I like hydro, and I like earthgrown, and I don't need to weigh in on the discussion. They are both weed. Personally I think that neither of you are fighting for the systems you respectively prefer... I think you are defending your involvement with it. They both produce great results done right but Richard, you have the added luxury of knowing that you are putting something wholesome in your body - something that is important to you. And Hal, you like knowing that you are partaking of a kickass crop that has maximized yield and size due to your precision, experience, and tenacity. Both of you are smoking great ganja and self-satisfaction, and that is the x-factor that has sparked the argument. Richard prefers chocolate, Hal likes vanilla. But you both like ice cream. I like Heavenly Hash:p!!

Love,
    E4A2S

10. Well put man, props to your statements. You speak the truth and yes we come from different backgrounds and experiences so of course we will have different tastes and preferences. Exactly why there is no need for the slander to be occuring, Hal could have explained himself and gotten his points across without coming off abrasive and arrogant.

11. The most famous strains were bred in the 70's, today we have to make up fairytales about "G13" to compare to back then. And the story goes G13 was geneticly altered, was haze geneticly altered? No and its considered BOMB. Acapulco gold is told to be a cannabis god, it was grown outdoors. We have nothing to compare to back then. Hal, your in Norcal, humboldt area? If so take your next bag seed and plant it up in the woods, come back in 3 months. Nature>closet end of story.

12. Well said and wholeheartedly agree. No HID in the world can do what the Great HID in the Sky provides for us almost every day. ;)

13. I wonder what a plant vegged in the North under 24 hour sunlight, then transplanted to the equator for flowering would be like... a global grow room!

e4a2s

14. hal,

with all due respect.. i don't think you can say that hydro buds are "better smoke".
    Faster, bigger, more convenient? Absolutely.. but better? I donno man. I'm not from cali but i do know a little about weed and honestly the actual end product of properly grown/dried/cured soil bud is just as good if not better than buds produced hydroponically.

i'm not a huge high times canabis cup fan (i think it's all hype by the shops) but most if not all of the bud for their competitions are done in soil for a reason.
    anyway that's my .02 i'm not looking to argue or anything.. just had to defend soil a little bit :)
    i guess if i were in the business of selling weed for a living i'd do hydro for sure.. but imho for the personal small scale garden it's soil all the way.

peace,

15. well said.. it's all personal taste. I have the smaller is "better" attitude as well.
    go buy a bottle of wine from a vineyard that produces 300,000 cases a year and another from a vineyard that produces 300 cases and tell me which is better.

16. Would worms really help?

17. I do the same thing in my garden =]
    Isn't it just wonderful?

18. August, your the man.

All the quote stuff is givin me a headache. Man, did I ever get some panties in a knot.

Look fellas, All I am sayin' is I have NEVER seen any outdoor that beats the best indoor.
    Why is that?

Indoor takes all of it's knowledge of growing from outdoors. Correct?
    So, if I can control all aspects of an indoor grow, how could it not be better then outdoor?
    I can take all the positives from outdoor and apply them inside, I can also eliminate all negitives from outdoor and ensure they don't happen inside. Pretty simple.

As far as soil to hydro, very comparable. Outdoor to indoor, very little compatability.

No, I am not in Humbolt...those days of Humbolt reighning king are very over.

I am in the Bay Area.

As far as DJ Quack, what can I tell you, look up Dutch Passion and you will see that hank is the breeder of the OG Blueberry.

So, good job Dick Dean. Your a pro.. Stay in your bubble and shout to the world the preachings of "the great sun" and mother earth.

19. i agree hal, if you took the "best" outdoor bud vs the "best" indoor bud whether it be soil or hydro the outdoor wouldn't compare. That's the beauty of indoor gardening you can modify it and have perfect conditions year round. you can't get a constant 18 hours of direct sunlight outside for your whole veg period and you can't get 12 hours of complete pitch black for your flowering.
    as far as these "organic" growers.. LOL most of them use plastic containers, tap water and guanos that they have no idea where it came from.. so unless your using rain water and are 100% positive where your product came from you aren't growng organic anyway.

I use organic products in my grow, but i also use plastic containers, & tap water. i don't know where fox farm gets their guano and what the bats diet is so i can't say that i'm an organic gardener.

and hal you re the man. :)

20. botinacare products aren't 100% organic.