You Don't Really Need All The Expencive Stuff To Grow Good Bud!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by budist, Apr 12, 2008.

1. idk if it's just the quality of the pictures but the buds in your hand look very compacted as if they were stored in a bag for some time...

2. I can assure you those buds probably have never hit a bag, only stored in glass jars and they were grown that dense. Just what happens when you do it properly and have solid genetics. As far as the worm issue not sure if it would help a huge amount in a closed system such as a pot since it would be harder to keep worms alive in a pot so I would leave that to outdoors personally. Just use a solid mix and use a well rounded compost tea and you should be golden. Humus is one of the most important ingredients to have in a solid mix. It not only improves soil texture but also stores nutrients as well as acting as a ph buffer of sorts. When organics are done well no attention is ever really paid to ph. It is the easiest and best way to grow. Period.

3. nope just some dense ass buds.

4. Now remember, these are usally comments from folks who can't do hydro.

While dirt farmers do well, nothing can ever beat an experienced hydro grow.
    Faster,bigger and alot more of it.

5. no offense dude, but I completely disagree, although hydro grows faster, I've smoked much better outdoor and organic bud than any hydro. Maybe its an geographical thing.

I wish one of you experienced organic growers would go to a mod and ask for an organic forum... I think I will today.

6. Much Repsect to you Gigz, you have great posts.

As far as Better smoke, I am sure you know it is all about the strain.

IE. A few of my click has been growin' GDP and OG Kush for a while now. I am hydro guy and friend x is the organic dirt farmer. Come harvest time, albit it is close, The hydro bud is by far better. And these comments are coming from the Organic dirt boyz.

Now, I do aggree that for beginners, dirt is the way to go. It is far less likely to fail.
    But if the hydro is done correctly, it will allways surpass quality and quantity as compared to Dirt.

I don't think geographics has too much to do with it, tho we have numerous access to strain out here in cali. I think it has to do with the particular grower. If a hydro grower does not flush at the end of the cycle, the smoke will be harsh and not near as good as some experianced dirt/organic grows. In my experiance, this is the number one problem with hydro quality. Most folks think "pump that juice hard till the day you cut", but this is totally false. Flushing out excess nuits and feeding nothing but st8 water the last 10-14 days is critical in acheving the best quality and weight.

As far as outdoor, I have never seen anything that compares to good hydro. And I live in Cali. The street prices also reflect that. They practically give outdoor away.

So, IMHO, it is totally dependant on the grower.

7. I could agree that it does depend on the cultivator and strain. I cant exactly give a lecture on organic growing vs. hydro as I use chemical fertilizers in soil. lol. Well either way as long as we continue to grow some dank ass bud, its all good.

:):):)

8. it has alot to do with strain but mother nature cannot be contended with and the only way a hydro product could reach the same level as organically grown buds in soil is if you use completely organic nutrients in a hydro system. Don't get me wrong I don't hate on hydro and believe me I can do it just would rather not waste all my time on extra equipment and the more time that needs to be spent on it as compared to a simple soil grow with proper organic nutrients. DJ Short himself said in his book, Cultivating Exceptional Cannabis, "I have yet to sample a hydroponically grown product that surpassed a soil grown product in overall quality and flavor." ANother quote, "To date the best indoor products are soil grown"
    He attributes this to the fact that soil is not a sterile medium and they are alive and thriving and interact with roots. ANother good note is that he mentions that when grown outdoors in the right environment, the product is usually superior to an identical plant indoors. Mainly because you can't beat what mother nature has been doing for millions of years. Hydro will produce more yield because less energy is put into the root system which leaves more left over for foliage and fruit production but quality is definitely not going to be the same in most cases. Does come down to alot of variable in the end but using the same strain grown in organic soil against the same strain in a hydro chemical nuted system the soil plant will taste better and be of better quality. I personally could care less about tons of yield if quality is not there would rather it be the best it can be and have less of it then have alot of lower quality herb. Too much of that out there already. ;) Just my 2 cents and DJ Shorts. He is the man.

9. Drbudgreengenes IIRC is in the advanced sec.;)

10. Wot strain is that Hashmouf?

11. worms aerate the soil and of course give us worm castings which is high in nitrogen

12. 7 months is way long for one plant.you couldhave done 2 grows with lights.but welldone m8

13. I agree sunlight and a min. of supplies can produce very nice grows BUT like any hobby all the bells and whistles do make it even more enjoyable for ME anyways.

But rock on boys.;)

14. No offence to you, but DJ Short is a joke. Besides stealing strains and calling them his own, he grows in Amsterdam. Ask DutchPassion about DJ Short and see what Hank tells you about him.

I have been to the 'Dam numerous times. The last time was about 3 years ago. That is when I made my decision to not go back seeking strain. The 'Dam is played out and I have not seen anything there that compares to the quality of strain produced in Nor-Cal. The only exception was DNA genetics. And come to find out after meeting these guys, they are from L.A. Figures. But, if you are not livin' near the Bay Area, then most folks have little choice but to get strain from the 'Dam.

Now, don't get me wrong my friend, I am not knockin' you or your grows.

As far as root systems go, Do DWC and tell me that those root systems are not as healthy as soil.

This has been a debate for YEARS my friend. And over the course of the 18 years I have been involved in the "trade" Everyone is allways going to say that their method/herb/nuits are the best way to go. And as I type that out, I realize that I am guilty of the same thing, lol.

I guess what upset me was the mention of the "strain theif" DJ Quack. Ed R. has thrown away better and more herb that Quack has ever seen........

15. sorry you feel that way but DJ Shorts strains speak for themselves my friend and I like em so I will keep supporting his views and they work cause I was using them long before I read his book which I was surprised by. Of course there is always going to be a pissing contest so just use what you know works and keep to yourself about it if others don't seem receptive I like my methods they work for me so screw what other people say. He never meant that roots in soil are healthier than DWC especially if you are doing hydro with organic nutrients but think about how ganja has grown in nature. In SOIL period. What is the best product that comes out, OUTDOORS period. Organics is not a method that can be argued about it is the best because it is the original method that mother nature uses with great success and has for many millions of years before we as humans even existed. I respect Ed Rosenthal as well and he too is a great supporter of organics in soil. ;) I do know DAm is overplayed already cause I grow the best bud for myself on my very own I don't need anyone else's product. I don't trust anyone growing it but myself period.

16. If i grow june to aug with lowryders in the UK i get almost the same yield you would expect of a 600watt hps. i think its more fun to grow with natural resources =]

17. Just use organic solutions in a DWC system OUTDOORS.:eek:.

18. Does DWC water require a bubbler or agitation?

19. there you go!!!!! now you're talkin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. how do you do that.do you just put it at the window?if so where in the uk are you to get enough sun to grow ganja.i can barely grow a plant in a window box!!!lol
    well it's not that bad but you get me.:confused: