You don't need to do anything...

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by bahookahjoe18, May 13, 2013.

1. There is a consistency in every other organism that is currently not observed in the majority of homo sapiens...

why must we work?
    desire........
    we have so many distractions from the basic needs:
    food
    sex

We are designed to live and to make more novel combinations of genetic sequences...

Life is so needlessly stressful. We are products of the planet; it will provide so long as we allow it.

2. Until we take away its ability to do so....by looking for something "better"

All the time missing out on life all around us....

If you let it....the universe provides....
    I recently wanted to try wild rabbit.... tho it is out of season...the dog happened to kill one and bring it to me..... on the plate it went....

Out on the lake a few nights ago..... reeling in bass.... thinking how we didn't even have grocery stores all that long ago....
    We don't have to buy the life they are selling....
    You can live how you want to live....
    but if you want all the crap they tell you that you need......
    then you have to play their game....
    The first step has to do with realizing it is a choice you make.... to live their way...or not to....

3. True, although not everyone has a handy lake nearby where supper waits fresh until caught.  :rolleyes:

But I take your point.

I love the idea of hunter/gatherer
    the simple way, in the real world, where you live around what you need, taking only what you need, with respect for the land that feeds you. But overpopulation has changed that for most. living in large communities stops all that. We have replaced the simplicity with factories, fast food, convenience, and removed the connection and the skills most of us need to live such a natural way. It is a loss we have not yet begun to even realise, or mourn.

4. I have been feeling the urge to escape from the confines of society, and live a more hunter-gatherer lifestyle. The biggest thing for me, is losing video games. As stupid as it might sound, the main thing stopping me from learning how to live in the wilderness, is GTA V. 

I wonder if people back in the hunter-gatherer days had such vices. It seems we're all addicted to something, whether it is the seemingly infinite security of your home, or the safety of the television. I also wonder whether a more simple lifestyle is actually better, or just nostalgia. It sure would be nice to have no responsibilities, living in the woods and not owing anything to anyone, but aren't the pleasures offered from our material-world worth it? I dunno...

5. Depends on what you want to get out of it.....
    If all that shit the world is selling you actually makes you happy.... than maybe that is the life for you....
    Personally....i don't even own a television....
    A few books...
    My laptop...
    My phone...
    a few tools....
    A bag full of clothes....
    That's it....
    And i want for nothing.....

6. To let go of this world and just live with the land is a very tempting thing. But to really do it, without laptop, phone, internet, isn't so easy. The laptop can be powered by nature, as can the phone, but using the phone, accessing the internet, requires money, accounts, and the need to deal with the world on some level.

So, as I'm not sure I wouldn't want to give up the choice to be in the world, at least virtually, as there are a few things about that technology and the people it allows me to connect with that I wouldn't want to let go of, with a cosy cabin, a lake and some woods, a solar panel and/or wind turbine, etc, it would be a lovely way to live life outside. But not alone, not entirely. Proper space, yes, but I'd prefer more than just me. The hermit's life has many advantages, but the right people to share knowledge, ideas, food, MJ, are pretty essential as far as I'm concerned.

7. nobody wants to share my space.......
    virtually is close enough....

For now.

9. The pleasures of the world are false and transient.  How long will you play that game until it bores you and you want for something more?  The key is to stop desiring, and worldly pleasures are designed so that there is always the craving for more, for better, for faster, for longer.

10. and now is all we ever have.....
    It is not new.....some of us have always been alone....
    I do nothing that i know of to make it this way...
    Other than not playing pretend....except when it feels appropriate/amusing
    I do not know that this aspect of myself will change...it would i suppose require the proper motivation....
    I don't let just anyone in.....
    you have to really want it....for me to even answer the door..
    I kinda like being the hermit....
    For now....

11. It's true, we don't need to do anything. 

Yet, the hardest thing to do is nothing. 

12. One doesn't have to do nothing, although there's nothing wrong with nothing.
    In order not to need to do anything, one merely needs to be open to doing anything.
    In the openness, nothing needs to be done, but anything can be, or not.

What would constitute really wanting it?

14. something i haven't seen irl so far..... i have no definition... i don't really "know" what it would take....got maybe an idea or two....
    First thing it would take...would have to do with acceptance.... take me as i come or not at all....

15. something i haven't seen irl so far..... i have no definition... i don't really "know" what it would take....got maybe an idea or two....
    First thing it would take...would have to do with acceptance.... take me as i come or not at all....

Acceptance is important, and I can see why that would need to be first, for without it where is there to go?
    Without acceptance there can be no love, and without love, what kind of reality would there be?

But let's say acceptance is felt. After all, you must know what it feels like to be accepted on some level, either in the virtual world, through those you interact with, or even around some of the people you live around. There must be some who make you feel they accept you, even if perhaps they only know some of what you've shown them or they've seen of you?

Perhaps by acceptance, you mean you would need to be accepted for all those aspects that have been seen by some, here and there? But because nobody has spent, or wanted to spend, or been able to spend, enough time, to accept all of you, there is no experience of what it feels like to be yourself around someone who never judges you?

17. Fucked up thing about the truth of it.... the few people who live around me...who do make me feel accepted.... live their lives completely separate from the rest of the world....

Just kinda enforces the idea that i don't belong as a part of that world....
    Whenever someone of the world does try to get close....it is almost always to try and make me more like how they want me to be.... as if the me i am....is somehow not the me i should be....

Fuck the world and its fucking people...

People like us
    Cry into the wind
    Crawling to the inside
    creating mortal sin
    Awaiting death

18. Love can and does exist without acceptance.  It is maybe most important to love those who do not accept you so that you will not harbor malice.  

I imagine that's because the you they see is not the you they would need to see to see you. The you they need to see isn't easy to see, primarily because it's not a fixed thing, and so because people have a need to label and quantify, your fluidity ensures that once they do, when they do, whatever they conclude, will always be far from the truth. Some of that is down to them, as they just can't see what they need to see as their looking in the wrong direction, and some of that is you, as you can't really let them see you as you are, because you know how much that can affect the way they see you, and they get hurt when they misunderstand why you do what you do.

But honestly, they don't really matter. Not once you know there are people who can and will accept you as you are, and these people are still in the world even if they're also outside it.

Many of us don't belong in the same world the majority believe exists, because we don't live in that world. Their world is real, but only for them. We do exist in their world, but only their version of us. Your state of being has so little to do with the way the majority live their life, that you almost don't exist for them, and in taking yourself away, you are effectively making that into how it is. Doesn't mean there aren't people who won't love and accept you as you, just that there is a bigger gap between those who can and those who can't than most usually experience.

20. I don't believe the world the majority lives in even exists....
    I see them fooling themselves into believing it all the time.... lieing to themselves so they can pretend all that bulshit matters.... pretend that their crap has any value... all the while ignoring anything genuine...
    Blinded by their own bulshit
    Following one another
    Single file....
    Right off the cliff and into the pit their lifestyles create....
    Fuck this world already....
    Fucking humans must feast upon one another's labours... upon one another's lives...
    Cut them al off and stay out here

Today is one of those days....
    a day to wonder off...
    And stay lost....