You don't need shampoo.

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by bahookahjoe18, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Neither do i stopped entirely when i found out that all the hair products women put in ther hair dies shampoos etc. makes womens hair grow slower over time so i figured fuck it all and stopped my hairs pretty fine too;)... Ladies.

2. i havent washed my hair since i first read this thread and my hair is now softer and i no longer have terrible dandruff.

3. If you truly want nice hair try using yucca root.

You can't claim to paleo-shower without it :)

4. Dude you have gorgeous hair (no homo lol)...wish my hair was that awesome looking honestly. Mines not as long but yours looks soft as fuck...

5. i feel like if i don't use shampoo my hair will feel terrible. i have hella dandruff and my head gets so itchy. its like i need to wash everyday

6. After reading this thread and seeing OPs hair I stopped using shampoo and hes not lying, my hair looks and feels great after only abstaining for two days. I gotta rinse my hair really well to get the excess oil out but it works. Hopefully after a week or two it reaches this equilibrium and I don't have to work my ass off in the shower just to get the extra oil out lol

7. #47 Wet Horse Lips, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2012
    I've been ruminating over this for a while.

So let me get this straight...

If I stop using shampoo... my hair will be fine? I was going to switch to Head & Shoulders... because sometimes I get dandruff/itchy scalp. Should I just try not using it? Or are there shampoos I can use that are alright? Hemp based sounds great.

I don't trust any of this shit anymore.

Alright, that's it. I'm stopping shampoo. And face wash.

Also, I get really sketched out when I read the labels on body care products... I've heard that anything ending in "-paraben" actually increases estrogen levels. FUCK THAT. What's worse is, the other night I was having sex and I used this Liquid Silk shit, smeared it all over my johnson, etc. After I was done, I read the label... FUCKING -PARABENS!!!!!! I put that shit directly on my cock. WTF

8. I'm glad i came across this thread, haven't used shampoo for over a month now and the hair is looking great.

I just rinse it thoroughly in the shower and thats it.

Looks and feels natural now. Can't believe it. Cheers to the OP

9. [quote name='"Wet Horse Lips"']I've been ruminating over this for a while.

So let me get this straight...

If I stop using shampoo... my hair will be fine? I was going to switch to Head & Shoulders... because sometimes I get dandruff/itchy scalp. Should I just try not using it? Or are there shampoos I can use that are alright? Hemp based sounds great.

I don't trust any of this shit anymore.

Alright, that's it. I'm stopping shampoo. And face wash.

Also, I get really sketched out when I read the labels on body care products... I've heard that anything ending in "-paraben" actually increases estrogen levels. FUCK THAT. What's worse is, the other night I was having sex and I used this Liquid Silk shit, smeared it all over my johnson, etc. After I was done, I read the label... FUCKING -PARABENS!!!!!! I put that shit directly on my cock. WTF[/quote]

The transformation has already started...

...ma'am.

10. Wow fuck yeah.. OP thank you for this life changing thread, it kinda makes sense all this! Fuck! I shampoo everyday though I do use some Aloe-vera shampoo but everyday really to not keep it greasy, is this why my hair is beginning to slightly thin!?! Fuckin a...

Hemp based shampoo sounds great though, and not too often then right? What's a paleo shower??
    I also just recently begun taking colder showers.

11. For anyone wanting a good hemp-based soap, go to your local health food store and grab this:

[​IMG]

About $6 and you only need 3-4 drops.. it lathers REALLY well, because its concentrated. Also comes in a variety of different scents

100% organic, fair trade, and made of ONLY essential oils.

12. [quote name='"ddoublevision"']For anyone wanting a good hemp-based soap, go to your local health food store and grab this:

About $6 and you only need 3-4 drops.. it lathers REALLY well, because its concentrated. Also comes in a variety of different scents

100% organic, fair trade, and made of ONLY essential oils.[/quote]

Does that strip your hair of it's natural oils? If it doesn't, what about their soaps? Does that fuck up your skins natural barriers and pH and what not?

13. #53 DDV, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2012
    [quote name='"TheCrunge"']

Does that strip your hair of it's natural oils? If it doesn't, what about their soaps? Does that fuck up your skins natural barriers and pH and what not?[/quote]

Doesn't water strip your hair of oils? Nothing special about the soaps, all it has is Hemp oil, jojoba oil, olive oil, palm oil, coconut oil, any essential oils for fragrance (lavendar, peppermint, etc) and that's it. Its just old-school soap. 100% biodegradable and vegetable-based, no synthetic foam in agents, thickeners, none of that shit. I use it on my dreads for the simple reason that it rinses off clean and leaves no residue behind, and its not harsh at all. You can even use it to wash your clothes, brush your teeth, deodorant, face wash, etc

http://www.drbronner.com/DBMS/LS.htm

It lasts forever... you only need 1-4 drops

14. hahahahaha

youve made my day LOL:D:D

15. I've been cutting back on shampoo use for about a year now. Just recently I've been showering and washing my hair solely with water. I have short hair, but it can get greasy pretty quickly, or used to anyways. I will have to say that I haven't noticed any excess oil or anything after dropping shampoo completely.

Definitely something a lot more people should consider doing.

16. I cut my hair short (1/2") and I while I use shampoo, I don't really need it. The bottle is almost empty.

If I just have soap (I use ivory but I wish it didn't have a fragrance in it, and I'll probably use Sunlight soon), I just wash my hair with that. Short hair makes it easy to stay clean.

I think I'm going to look into using toothpaste without SLS. I get ulcers in my mouth and there is evidence that indicates SLS may contribute to them. There's actually one forming now, which has made me think about it again.

17. After not using shampoo for a week now, I tried some fresh lemon squeezed right out of the lemon directly into my hair and it worked FANTASTIC!

It's so soft and oil free. This is waayy better than any shampoo I've ever used. Thanks for this thread OP...it was truly helpful.

18. Btw did put your hair over your eyes to hide your identity or do you really wear it like that? :laughing: ...I'm hoping it's the former lol

19. [quote name='"budsmokn420"']After not using shampoo for a week now, I tried some fresh lemon squeezed right out of the lemon directly into my hair and it worked FANTASTIC!

It's so soft and oil free. This is waayy better than any shampoo I've ever used. Thanks for this thread OP...it was truly helpful.[/quote]

I definitely would not do that if I were you

20. Why? lol