You don't need shampoo.

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by bahookahjoe18, Nov 29, 2011.

1. [quote name='"Beagle"']

I'm glad you think you know all about my beliefs, I find no condescension in that. Sorry for having a different point if view, thanks for mocking me though. Kinda disrespectful if you ask me but you can probably do that stuff, no harm no foul[/quote]

dont be so butthurt, your pushing your beliefs on others

2. It's difficult for people not to push their beliefs on others.

Some people don't even understand they're doing it. I've even caught myself doing it. It's quite the embarrassment.:eek:

3. [quote name='"Beagle"']

I'm glad you think you know all about my beliefs, I find no condescension in that. Sorry for having a different point if view, thanks for mocking me though. Kinda disrespectful if you ask me but you can probably do that stuff, no harm no foul[/quote]

Lol I was totally joking around man, didn't mean to offend.

Remember just as you took it one way due to it being words with no readable emotion, I typed it also assuming you can read emotion from probably hundreds of miles away

I'm a sarcastic jokster :p

4. Truth! I have been growing my dreadlocks for a little over 3 years now, they are just now to my shoulders :)

But I rarely wash my hair. Sometimes I'll use shampoo, but I go for a few months w/o and my hair looks great. Hella ladies still want the cock

5. [quote name='"jizzledfreq"']Truth! I have been growing my dreadlocks for a little over 3 years now, they are just now to my shoulders :)

But I rarely wash my hair. Sometimes I'll use shampoo, but I go for a few months w/o and my hair looks great. Hella ladies still want the cock[/quote]

I can vouch for this :cool:

6. [quote name='"SIRSOG"']

Lol I was totally joking around man, didn't mean to offend.

Remember just as you took it one way due to it being words with no readable emotion, I typed it also assuming you can read emotion from probably hundreds of miles away

I'm a sarcastic jokster :p[/quote]

Lol I don't actually care, I just don't consider what most people call hippies to actually be true to ideals, that Is all

7. Damn hippies and your rock and roll Simon and garfunkel noise

8. [quote name='"Beagle"']

Lol I don't actually care, I just don't consider what most people call hippies to actually be true to ideals, that Is all[/quote]

I never said anything about what I consider hippies, I was joking about how it seemed you implied they are the only happy people haha. There is a wide spectrum of types of people who I would consider hippies, but I don't really think it matters much.

9. I shampoo seldom, about to shave my hair to let my natural oils return.

10. I have a strong American Indian influence to my blood, the results being that when my hair is long, the ladies like to play with it. Sadly, I had to cut it all off (was right past shoulder length [​IMG]) a couple of months ago for job hunting. But, after reading this thread, I might consider it advantageous to have this starting point to give this no shampoo thing a try.

A couple of nights ago, my hair was about to the point where I usually shampoo and condition it; pretty greasy feeling. But, instead of business as usual, I did as prescribed here; washed my hands well, stuck my head under the coldest water I could stand, and scrubbed my hair and scalp quite vigorously for about five minutes. Towel dry thoroughly and finish by comb drying with a clean comb.

The results after the first night left a kind of waxy and stiff feeling to my hair, as apposed to a very oily/greasy feel. I also had decreased the scalp itch which tends to develop when the weather starts to cool.

Second night, same procedure, waxy feeling markedly less and hair moving more freely, and scalp itch almost completely gone.

That's all so far, but it seems to be going well.

11. Check out using coconut oil or my favorite Marrakesh hemp oil. Its a little pricey imo but its wonderful and you dont need to use much. In addition it is my favorite scene of anything ive smelled. Sometimes i use it just so i can catch a wiff of it here and there, puts me in a good mood haha.

12. Back when I was 14, with blue hair, I didn't ever want to wash it cause I had gotten it professionally done for the first time. It was a bit greasy at first but it got used to it.
    Though I was going through my scene phase, so I put on layers of hairspray every day.

13. Don't even we know you're a long haired pot smoking hippie who HATES AMERICA.

Who taught you how to do this? WAS IT THOSE DAMN BEATLES?

14. I'm gonna try not shampooing my hair, I recently cut it hella short so I figure why not let it grow in healthy right? Seems like everyone has had success for the most part

15. I've been doing this for well over a month now, I shower everyday with both
    hot and cold water ( I switch off throughout my shower), but I'm noticing more
    dandruff now, before when I used shampoo I would be able to get rid of it.
    Any tips guys on how I can get rid of these flakes?

16. Didn't shampoo/cut my hair for well over 8 months. But I've shampooed it once or twice in the last couple of weeks.

17. You're all dirty hippies.

18. [quote name='"Zzzaaaccckkk"']You're all dirty hippies.[/quote]

Lol you didn't make it long on here.

19. Been going without for 2 weeks, it's all good so far.

Hair seems to be drying alot faster than It did when I shampoo'ed.

Ha:cool:

We'll see how it goes!

20. the oil in your hair is keeping the water out hahah