"you dont look like the type to smoke"

Discussion in 'General' started by HighHaze, Oct 24, 2007.

1. even though it may sound like a compliment, it pisses me off when people say this. Some girl said it to me over aim and i just never responded to her. This means that they are brainwashed with the stereotype that everyone who smokes weed is a no talent hippie/thug. Thats like saying "you dont look smart because you dont wear highwaters and have glasses". Does this anger anyone else?

2. yup i have heard that, and i have long black messy hair which stinks of herb half the time, and i have been known to wair tie dye t-shirts... but not usualy.

3. Yeah but I always take it as a compliment.
    Because in their mind a person who smokes is dirty and gross and I just falsified their stereotype.

4. yea. black people laugh when they find out i smoke.

5. I get that all the time, it works for me, I could care less I don't want everyone and their mama to know I smoke, but that's all too late now since I got arrested lol :p But yea, I can honestly say not too many of my friends look like a stereotypical stoner

6. i get that a whole lot

but honestly i want to know what a typical 'stoner' or 'pothead' is supposed to look like

just because i'm not making millions of dollars like a famous rapper or something and i smoke just as much as they do, it makes me a pothead and not them ? ?

sometimes it bothers me and other times it doesn't but what can we do about it except and :smoke:

7. People think I'm loaded when I haven't smoked anything and always give me shit after I have. Apparently I need to 'lighten up' after I smoke and tighten up when I don't.

Strange..

8. everyone either says that i look high all the time or that i look like i don't smoke weed!

9. all people do is take one look at my dreads, even from across the room, and assume im some dirty hippy stoner.

10. i'm right there with you man, i get this pretty often by people when they first here i toke but its just us proving them wrong and saying hey i'm a nice guy, i'm smart, do good in school, personable, have a pretty girlfriend, get along with all my friends and family and shit and i smoke weed everyday and i love it when people are just like oh i guess stoners can be successful good people, damn straight

11. Most people tell me they would have never guessed that I smoke.

12. never really had this problem ever. ussually i am thought to be high when im not. I Think pot and THC has infused in my DNA . So when i was in Highschool i was "that kid that smokes pot alot" and people came to me asking to score but i never dealed but i would refrence people out and make 5 bucks off of it if the person went back to Jeff (the dealer) more then once. so i was making some money just by passing people on.

And now my room and my clothes scream Bob Marley or Hippie. i love leather sandals...

btw throught high school i had a 3.5 GPA (mostly B's and A's) so im not a dumb lazy drugy kinda what my post made it seem.

13. I look like clark kent, and this is no accident, I grew my hair exactly like his and part it the same way and I started wearing my old glasses which are so out of style but make me look even more geekier. I go to the gym and lift alot so I have the musculature just like superman and it all works to my advantage. No one ever thinks I look like a stoner. It is great. I love my "image".

14. I get this a lot and I agree with the OP. Now I just ask them "What does a smoker look like?"

fuck the stereotypes

15. It's not a big deal I don't see why anyone should care if someone else says they don't look like a stoner. On a side note I look like the typical stoner kinda.

16. Heard it many times - and I've learned you can't really tell much about a person just by the way they look. Everyone is different and assuming things about people by the way they look is just fucking retarded. I've met so many different types of stoners, it's ridiculous. Some people are just ignorant tools.

17. I get it a lot myself also, but by now even though I don't look like I smoke a lot of people just know I'm one of the "stoners". It doesn't really bother me though, I'm actually guilty myself of being hella-surprised once or twice after finding out someone smokes pot that I would have never guessed