you dont have to read this...depression.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by jtangorunnin, Nov 13, 2006.

1. so man, like, what the fuck. i'll be feelin great for a few weeks or months at a time and then i'll get in this pit where i'm just fucking depressed. and i think it started this morning.
    well, first of all, i had a dream about my ex last night, and we were getting along really well. at the end of the dream, i kissed her. and she was freaked out. because in my dream, i was still with who the person i am with now. isn't this pathetic?? i have a pretty amazing girlfriend and today i can't stop thinking about my ex. and i'm alone today. i don't have anyone else to talk to or vent to.
    my best bud just moved like an hour and a half away. this blows, too. cause right now, i could just go smoke or somethin with him and not have to think about this bullshit.
    i dunno man. this shit just blows.

2. Keep your head up man. Shit will work out, always does. That doesnt mean its gonna come to you though.

If you need someone to talk to, try to make a closer friendship with one of your closer friends. Maybe talk to a family member?

3. like just keeps rolling man.

if your feeling down find a hobby.

i enjoy making things with my hands, really anything i just genuinely enjoy it, and i obsessive compulsively keep my bong clean. just 2 of the things i enjoy doing.

by the way, i've always liked the quote in your sig. makes me chuckle every time i read it.

4. I had the same dream as you last night, no joke. Thats things changed and me and my ex were togethere again. I'm a good looking kid, everyone loves my personality, and I'm not a loser. Guess she woke up one day and stopped loving me, oh well, her loss. But that still doesn't mean I don't think about her alot, its easier to forget because she lives far away, but I still see things every day that remind me of her. Buck up lil' souljah, things will get better. This fattie I'm about to blaze is dedicated to you bro. :smoking:

5. Well, not to be corny but....
    "Better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all."

That's the situation im in. I've never truly loved a girl, to be honest. I've asked about....6 girls out so far and none of them have accepted. now im not a virgin or anything but iv still never actually loved a girl. Imagine how i feel every day. On top of that i just lost my comfortable desk job and im actually going to have to go look for another one tomorrow.....man i gotta go play some golf to get this shit off my mind.

I get depression pretty bad too man, i understand your pain....

6. Don't worry, you're normal. Just keep in mind, not everyone is happy 24/7 365 days a year. You have the off days when you feel a little down, its normal.

7. :( I think about my ex-boyfriend all the time, but he doesn't wanna go back out with me it sucks. But I hear ya my close friend moved to NC, and I only talk to a few people up here now.

But a bad dream shouldn't stop you from being happy dude, if you're feelin down just do something ya like watch tv or go on a walk. Just think about all the little things that make ya happy :)

8. similar thing happened to me, I had a dream that i was at my ex girlfriends house and she started crying and telling me to leave and shit. It made me feel really bad.

9. Yeah I get like this too. Every couple months Im sad again. Right now Im in a high point, who knows how long itll last too eh?

10. oh dude i know exactly how you feel. i have ocd, and i know clinical depression runs in my family, my ocd and depression tie in to each other, im pretty sure im somewhat bipolar too. i mean somedays one little thing will make me happy and ill feel great for a while, then a little thing that makes me upset will make me think about it constantly non-stop and then the other bad things come into picture. and it goes back and forth. i used to be on medication for it, and i have chose to stop and let my mind take its course. one thing that helps me out alot is just chillin' and smokin' a bowl. really helps me think about things. and actually dude sometimes the best way to get something out of your head is to think about it nonstop and realize whats bothering you. alot of people dont understand how people that are depressed feel. I completely understand how you feel, everything will get better man, i hope everything works out. and as for your best friend, dont EVER let him go, still talk to him and make ways to chill.

peace dude.

11. and thanks for bein so chill, everyone. you guys are so tight.

12. I don't know, it's like the lesson of life that everyone is trying to tell you all the time, through movies, through music, through experience, just enjoy things as they are now, that is all you really have. Forget about your ex. Think of something right now that would make your amaezing girlfriend smile, and do it. Enjoy her, enjoy life now man, thinking about your ex? Whats the point..