you can't grow with CFL's and Bag seeds too/wth pics

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bitterscooter, Jul 8, 2008.

1. lol sorry for the title, but I just have to laugh at some peoples coments on here sometimes! lol
    I started out with 211 watts total cfl(in my fridge grow room) but over the past few months I increased this wattage to 250 then to 308 , now at 355 real wattage not
    = wattage!
    this was BAG SEED! not from a seed bank , just some weed a buddy picked up at some point in time! whatcha think! honest opinions only please!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

lets not forget I only started to grow 10moths ago! I'm still having abit of soil PH probs and with the thrips too(still) but I'm on to learing how to fix these probs!!I hope

cheers
    Scooter

2. Dang Scooter! That looks like some pretty bud for being an unknown bagseed. Great job on it. What have you been giving her as far as nutrients?

3. thanks C.. this is going to be a good laugh too! I feed it 2 times druing flower(ever other week after the first week!) with "Pure blend" :Soil pro bloom) and I have mixed in bat crap (2 tbl spoons per gal)
    these are 5-6 week flowering, from veg to flower end- in and out in 8-10weeks.

cheers

4. I Love it. That's what I want to hear man!! Looking shnazzy by the way.

5. What was your yield, grams per watt? .1? That would be 25 grams(at your lowest wattage listed) and it dont look like you will even get that. .1 grams per watt is a terrible yield by most standards also.

Nice plant though. I dont hate on the CFL's, I just think you are wasting your time and paying too much for power for a few buds. Plus moving those lights around almost daily has to be a pain in the ass.

Put your harvest on a scale when you are done and dry and take a picture.

How much money did you spend on all those CFL's? I bet you could of spent that money on a 150w HPS, tripled your yield, spent less on power, less heat most likely, and probably had even more potent smoke.

Well done , but you arent breaking new ground here really, people were growing buds under fluoro tubes in the 70's and 80's. You just grew for 10 weeks to pay $50(elec bill) for a 1/2 ounce(my guess of your yield)? Add in the cost of the bulbs, nutrients, soil, etc. and you could of bought a 1/2 off some shithead dealer for cheaper and considerably less time.

Well you asked for it, my honest opinion.

6. would love to see the finished product, and what your yeild is. I just switched to cfl's from my 400 watt hps/mh because of heat, but going to try it again in the winter when its colder. Looking good!

7. HAHAHAHAHAHAHa
    ya first off that is only one of 12! 2. total yeild per byweekly is around 3oz
    lets just say 7oz month and counting! so I'd say my 40-50$ hydro bill is not a issue! thanks!
    you can't get better light for the cost HPS vs CFL's I'd say CFL's hands down! in total I've spent so far for my total grow room as only been 140$ , and I get soil at about 15 bucks a month!
    the point to this is you can grow weed with cfl's and I'm not going over to some crackies house to get weed! I don't know where you live! Im not risking it!

NEXT

8. shit head dealers ahhahah y=but yeah hes rite!

9. great job with the CFLs man. That bud looks so sticky and delicious! If you don't mind me asking, how many plants do you have growing at any said time? How many plants are in each of your biweekly harvests? Do you have the CFLs dangling down so you can adjust each seperately or attached to something such as a board that is raised as needed? I myself stopped using HPs and Mh cuz I got sick of the heat issues. I use two 150 watt CFLs for my veg room and two four foot four bulb t5s for budding with great results. Flourescents can definitely compete with HID no question especially when heat is a huge problem. Enjoy your nugs and keep at it. :)