You cannot prove nor disprove God's existence.

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Seeker, Mar 3, 2009.

1. I hear all this talk of God doesn't exist, and God does exist, frankly there is no "evidence" for It's existence nor It's non existence, So Atheists please stop with the remarks such as "I have evidence disproving God's existence", for There is none, one should only believe in a Supreme force if it feels right with their soul. In my opinion everyone should just stop the argument over the question that will never be answered, and be Agnostic on such an unimportant matter.

Even if we could prove God's existence or disprove It's existence what would that do for us? Absolutely, NOTHING. All it would create is a sense of superiority to the opposing belief.

Alright everyone, I believe I am finished with my rant/speculation.

Discuss. ;)

2. in the spiritual world, the word "proof" does not exist. maybe some day it will, but the point is, right now, our brains have no way of rationalizing or prooving a divine existence - anything metaphysical is purely "felt," and simply cannot be proven right now. To "Know" that god does or does not exist is a hell of an ignorant statement - it would imply you are equal to or greater than god, or that you are superior to human kind (depending which side you take to "know")

3. I agree, that is why I think the arguments on whether God does or does not exist should cease and we should remain agnostic if and when we do discuss it.

4. alot of people would consider the fact that they are breathing and walking to be evidence that God exsists. Just the fact that any of this is going on is enough 'proof' for them

5. #5 Kush Lord, Mar 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2009
    yet they dont know the first thing about this God they say exists, they just make things up without even realizing it. there is no reason to make such claims if you dont know...saying god exists is pointless if we dont even know the nature of it.

6. The Christian god can be disproven, at least the way the bible describes him as omnipotent, omnibenevolent, omniscient...

I mean, the whole bible can be disproven as a text written by man. A god would not fill it with the contained contradictions and inaccuracies.

You cannot prove or disprove the existence of a higher power though.

7. Its just that, the very word "God" itself is completely man-made, as is the "likeness" we attribute to him/her/it (in fact, we also presume "God" to be male")... so in that case, the image of "God" is under false pretenses.

If you were to say, you cannot prove/disprove that "A Higher Being" exists... then yes, that is absolutely true.

I hate when people say just because you can't prove God doesn't exit, means that he does.... whatever helps you sleep better at night junior. :D

8. You're reading the bible wrong.. You are not supposed to take it literally.. All those numbers and events that take place in the bible have metaphorical meaning.

It kind of makes me laugh when people say there is a RIGHT and WRONG interpretation of the bible... everyone should interpret it their own way and differently

9. Ants can't prove that we exist either (until you smush them). Not because they aren't aware of us, but because they lack the intelligence and reasoning and communication to "proove" it.

You also can't disprove that Santa Claus exists... how do u know he doesn't exist in some remote cave somewhere? And maybe he kidnaps children every year under the guise of bringing presents so he can bring them back to his cave to use as sex slaves... think about it! :D

10. i agree 100%. i have the same beliefs.

11. The principle of wether God exist or not is a thought beyond our level of reason. Personally I like to believe in God cuz it sure makes alot more sense to me but I grew up with that belief. I'm not trying to start an argument God doesn't or does I'm just saying when I thinking about it like questions such as "why do i see out of these eyes?" "what happens when you die?" "or even if god does exist how did he come to be?" Having something to believe in is far more comforting then teling myself its science and life has no real meaning just live and die.

12. Haha, what?

Oh and if the Bible isn't meant to be taken literally then why does everyone believe Jesus Christ is a literal figure?

13. Interpret these for me: Bible Inconsistencies

There's hundreds of these. If the bible is a holy text it was written by a retarded deity, not the one classically described as 'omniscient'.

14. "You cannot prove nor disprove God's existance."

Yeah. We know. People been trying to up in here for quite some time :p

15. Us atheists cannot disprove God..
    Why?
    Because religious groups have such a vague definition of a God that it would be impossible.

If we cannot see, touch, or hear God..
    If God literally has no evidence for existence except for a belief..
    Then we might as well also accept in Sky Larks.

What are Sky Larks?
    They are magical flying dragons that hover over the Earth, just above the tallest skyscrapers or the lowest rooftops.
    You cannot see a Sky Lark, they are invisible.
    You cannot touch a Sky Lark, your hand would go right through them.
    You cannot hear a Sky Lark, they make no noise.
    You cannot detect a Sky Lark on any sort of technology, our technology is far too primitive to even hope to detect one in at least another millennium.

The Sky Larks created the Earth and the stars and the rest of the universe.
    In the beginning, there was only nothingness and a Sky Lark.
    The Sky Lark blew a mighty gust of breath...
    And that breath created everything you see around you.

Each planet is inhabited by Sky Larks,
    they constantly watch over it.
    Each creature has a Sky Lark assigned to them, yet many of them do not know it.
    The Sky Lark influences certain members of each species to abide by a strict Dragon Code of Morals, many of these members of species reject what they hear in their heads..
    But some intend to change their world for the better, abiding by the Sky Lark.

There was never a God or a Jesus Christ,
    that was people being influenced by Sky Larks..
    Yet they did not want to believe they were hearing the voices of dragons,
    so they turned the Sky Lark into God and then based the rest of their religion around that.

16. We can however be fairly certain that these ideas pertaining to "God" are wrong. If there is a god/s I'm sure we're off by a long shot on how he/she/it is, and feels. :D