You cannot imagine nothing theory.

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by darklight99, Jan 27, 2014.

1. #1 darklight99, Jan 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
    Prepare to be mind fucked.

I remember as a snotty nose kid, around the age of 8. I came up with this crazy idea to try to solve this personal mystery.

I asked myself "What does nothing look like?" or should I say "What does clear look like without a picture/color behind it?" I would close my eyes and see if I could delete the picture of all existence from my mind. I found it impossible.

Try closing your eyes and imagine yourself looking out a glass window. Next, delete everything you see out that window. If you see the color black or white, you failed. Those are colors.

You'll find you cannot delete those two colors from your mind.

****Edited for the none thinkers: 
    Factor in your existence. Imagine yourself in the middle of the universe. Delete the universe, dimensions, light, time, the rules govern by it (even string theory), all form of colors (including black and white) and shapes. What do you see?

My conclusions after 20 years:
    1. I believe it's Gods way of putting a curtain up so we can't see behind it.
    2. It's a point of beginning, meaning we must always move forward and not backwards.
    3. We start out as a blank canvas and our journey/memories in life is our paint.
    4. Nothing cannot exist, thus it created life.
    5. I found a puzzle to string theory?
    6. You'll know when your dead.

P.S. This has proven to be a good conversation starter with my family, friends, and strangers.

How long do I got to sit here with lube in my ears?

When I pull out.

4. #4 *guest, Jan 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
    Well nothing is just the lack of anything, so maybe the only way to see nothing out of the window is to not look out the window in the first place.

[​IMG]

5. I went outside for a smoke just now and was staring at the trees and wasn't picturing anything in my head so I have succeeded at picturing nothing. 

BOOM. Take that! :p 

Good response.

Your basically saying: Not to look for it, in order to see nothing. So if your not looking for it, it never existed. Meaning the "idea of nothing" can only exist if not your looking for it. Hmmmm that would leave you in a catch 22.

That means you was looking for it, because you came back to respond about it. But I do get what you mean.

Ehhh

8. #8 Timesplasher, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014

Fair enough:) set myself up for that. Your a shit root anyway.

9. I think it's even deeper than that, you can't imagine nothing out the window, because there is no window to look through.  You can also not look, because there is no you, neither is there looking.  "Nothing" can't even be imagined because there would be no imagining.  "Nothing" could not even exist.

Ever wondered if its our attempts to comprehend a word "Nothing" that causes this non sensical greif. It holds no true meaning or ultimate state of something. Its just a word. What you been doing? Nothing much. 

11. Yeah language gives rise to many paradoxes and inconsistencies, but it's still an interesting thing to think about.  It's the type of thing though that isn't great to give too much thought, or you'll be caught going around and around.

12. #13 Timesplasher, Jan 29, 2014

Round and round we go.

13. yeah you cant imagine nothing. even when you learn to shut off the mind in meditation, the void becomes lightSent from my iPhone.

14. #15 -13 Amp-, Jan 29, 2014
    i was taught that black is not a color when it comes to light...so if you close ur eyes and "see black" that is nothingness, because it is the absence of all light...

"When there is no light, everything is black. Test this out by going into a photographic dark room. There are no photons of light. In other words, there are no photons of colors."

There is no line to wait in, Grasshopper.

16. #17 darklight99, Jan 29, 2014

You are close but yet so far. The window concept is just a way to help one visualize/question the bigger picture of everything existing. One must factor in our existence. "Nothing" is more than just a word.<span style="background-color:rgb(247,247,247);"> You stated "It holds no true meaning or ultimate state of something." Well, let's say that part you have partial correct but now factor in your existence to see the bigger picture. Delete everything that exist. What does that leave you....? The Understanding of Nothing.</span>

17. This doesn't extend beyond an exercise in defining a word.

i.e. there is nothing of use in this discussion.   "discussion" being the context. Something of use being "anything".

But let me spoil it further. I posit that nothing is itself something. lol

18. Have to go with -13 Amp-, the absence of everything includes light, therefore it is absolute blackness. :smoke:

19. #20 darklight99, Jan 30, 2014

My friend, you've hit the nail on the head. That is the “Understanding of Nothing”
    Turbotoke, You get to advance to round 2.
    1 million points goes to you.

Your understanding factors in our existence.

Those that failed, failed to factor in our existence. The window concept was just a way to help one visualize/question the bigger picture of everything existing. To lead one to the understanding of “Nothing” (refer above). It even comes down, the word “Nothing” is just a name used to help us label “Nothing”.

To help those better understand “Nothing” is just a name used.

Will use Bruce Lee statements as an example: Bruce Lee developed a style of martial arts. Jeet Kune Do. He once said, “Again let me remind you Jeet Kune Do is just a name used.“ Meaning, if he could not name his martial art, he wouldn't because that is the soul of jeet kune do.

For those left behind:
    If you could theoretically stand in the middle of the universe and delete all existence around you. Deleting all existence includes string theory, thought, colors, planets, stars, photons, science and so on. They all go. What is there left?

I propose “The Understanding of Nothing” is left. Remember, the word “Nothing” is just a name used to label this understanding.

It leads me to question, could our existence be explained in a simple sentence?

Could the "Understanding of Nothing" be so powerful, that the ”Understanding of Existence” must exist to balance this unknown formless,shapeless_scale/glue/attraction?

And that this unknown formless/shapeless thing is somehow the answer to everything. But somehow the answer cannot be explained, described, and formed because it is govern by no law or rules?

And that this “thing” in the middle of this “Understanding of Nothing and Existence”. Basically, it is the glue that holds our two understanding?

In this case, both existence and nothing is a like YingYang. And they somehow attract each other to keep balance.

Again, I'll use Bruce Lee to help you understand.

Question: What are your thoughts when facing an opponent?
    Bruce: There is no opponent.
    Question: Why is that?
    Bruce: Because the word ''l'' does not exist.
    A good fight should be like a small play...but played seriously. When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity... l do not hit...it hits all by itself (shows his fist).
    Any technique, however worthy and desirable, becomes a disease when the mind is obsessed with it.

Theoretical physicist Dr. Michio Kaku believes that the answer to our existence is in one equation. I personally think it's plausible, but it seems to be limited in my opinion.
    Because he is looking for a law/equation in a mathematical form. When maybe, the idea of our existence is no law. We are only left with the understanding.

My real conclusion: We exist with no laws or rules, but we cannot label or define it. The only thing we can do is understand.

“You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.”
    -       Bruce Lee.

To everyone,

Feel free to argue and express your opinion constructively. That is the purpose of this thread and please take the time to think it through. If you have no real response. I have yet to pull out of your ear. ;)
    Like I stated before, I take my theory seriously. 20 years seriously.